a surface or also a cross section or a cross-section area is:
- a range expanded flat after length and width.
- A surface a part of one level expanded in two dimensions is geometrical, as it is described in Euclidean geometry.
- In the SI-UNIT system is A (from English.: AREA) the symbol of the area. The use of the F as symbols became outdated. The basic unit is the square meter (m 2). For further square measures see there.
- In the mathematical subsections of the Differentialgeometrie and topologycalls one a two-dimensional diversity surface. In particular such a surface can be also curved. See: Surface (topology).
- the smooth (flatten) exterior of a body/an article, thus the surfaces of an object.
- A computing surface, see reference surface.
|Wiktionary: Surface - word origin, synonyms and translations|
|this side is a term clarifying for the distinction of several terms named the same word.|