Beyer madeseveral anti-fascist films over the Second World War. Its film naked under wolves, which itself with the resistance and the solidarity of the prisoners in the KZ beech forest busy, became famous.
Beyers later films were regarded very critically by the censorship in the GDR. 1966 became thatFilm trace of the stones with Manfred jug uraufgeführt, which lit up the GDR everyday life critically. The film was forbidden three days later and shown only after the turn again in the cinema. Beyer was allowed to make no more film after this prohibition for many years.
He worked on the Dresden theatre andfor the GDR television, until he came 1974 back to the DEFA and turned the Jakobs of the liars. This filming of the novel of the same name of Jurek Becker brings up for discussion the budding hope offering no prospects of the Jews in consequence of invented messages of the main person, eingepferchten in the Warsaw Ghetto in situation, over those allegedlythe advancing Red Army.Jakob of the liars is the only GDR film, which ever OSCAR - nominating received. Beyer and Becker received the national price of the GDR to 1975.
1977 came it however again to problems between Beyer and the SED, there it the Petition against thoseDeprivation of citizenship wolf of Biermann signed. Beyers possibilities as a director in the GDR thereupon reduced, however he received permission for being allowed to work also in the west.
Franc Beyer and Hermann Beyer are brothers.
- of 1954 weather frogs (Roznicky)
- 1955 erring are among us (Blázni mezi námi)
- 1957 two mothers
- 1957 Fridericus Rex - 1. Part
- 1957 106. /107. Consequence of the sow-Irish short film series the prick animal
- 1957 the society play UT: An unbelievable history or?
- 1957 105. Consequence of the sow-Irish short film series the prick animal
- 1959 old loving
- 1960 five Patronenhülsen
- of 1962 king children
- 1963 naked under wolves
- 1963 carbide and Sauerampfer
- 1966 a trace of the stones
- 1971 Rottenknechte (TV)
- 1973 Die sieben Affären der Doña Juanita (TV)
- 1974 Jakob der Lügner
- 1977 Das Versteck
- 1978 Geschlossene Gesellschaft
- 1981 Der König und sein Narr (TV)
- 1981 Die zweite Haut (TV)
- 1983 Der Aufenthalt
- 1984 Bockshorn
- 1989 Der Bruch
- 1991Ende der Unschuld(TV)
- 1991 the suspicion
- 1992 you and it (TV)
- 1992 the large celebration (TV)
- 1993 the last submarine (TV)
- 1995 if all Germans sleeps (TV)
- 1995 Nikolaikirche (TV)
- 1996 the captain of Köpenick (TV)
- 1998 knocked off (TV)
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over franc Beyer in the catalog of the DDB
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German film director|
|DATE OF BIRTH||26. May 1932|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Nobitz|