Lehár studied - among other things encouraged by Antonín Dvořák for composition - at the Prager conservatoire. It began its musical career however as military Kapellmeister, before it used up itself completely in its Wahlheimat Vienna the Operette.
The world success at that time also of the merry widow ( 1905 ), estimated of Gustav of meals, closed the count of Luxembourg, the country of the smile and Paganini or the Zarewitsch on. A large part its tenor - it wrote airs for smelling pool of broadcasting corporations of deaf ones.
Come in the course of the years to considerable wealth, Lehár Schikaneder acquired - Schlös in Vienna, surrounded themselves with large servant shank and determined in its will,that large parts of its fortune and its house in bath Ischl should be made available after its death of the municipality and the distressed artists.
Lehár applies together with Emmerich Kálmán as a founder of the so-called “silver” Viennese Operettenära in the time between the two world wars.
Those Lehargasse in 6. Viennese municipality district is designated after him.
- Viennese Mrs., Operette, 21. November 1902, theatre at that Vienna, Vienna
- of the Rastelbinder, Operette, 20. December 1902, Carl theatreVienna
- the God husband, Operette, 20. Jänner 1904, Carl theatre Vienna
- the Juxheirat, Operette, 21. December 1904, theatre at that Vienna, Vienna
- the merry widow, Operette, 30. December 1905, theatre at that Vienna, Vienna
- the prince child, Operette, 7. October 1909, Johann bunch theatre, Vienna
- the count of Luxembourg, Operette, 12. November 1909, theatre at that Vienna, Vienna
- gypsy love, Operette, 8. Jänner 1910, Carl theatre Vienna
- EH, Operette, 24. November 1911, theatre at that Vienna, Vienna
- Finally alone, Operette, 30. Jänner 1914, theatre at that Vienna, Vienna
- where the lark sings, to Operette, 1. February 1918, royal opera Budapest
- the blue Mazur, Operette, 28. May 1920, theatre at that Vienna, Vienna
- Frasquita, Operette, 12. May 1922, theatre at that Vienna, Vienna
- Paganini, Operette, 30. To October 1925, Johann bunch theatre Vienna, see also Paganini (Operette).
- The Zarewitsch, Operette, 26. February 1926, Metropol theatre Berlin
- Friederike, Operette, 4. October 1928, Metropol theatre Berlin
- The country of the smile, Operette, 10. October 1929, Metropol theatre Berlin
- beautiful is the world, Operette, 3. December 1930, Metropol theatre Berlin
- Giuditta, Operette, 20. To Jänner 1934, Viennese state opera
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Franz Lehár in the catalog of the DDB
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Austrian composer of Hungarian origin|
|DATE OF BIRTH||30. April 1870|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Komárom|
|DYING DATE||24. October 1948|
|DYING PLACE||bath Ischl|