Franz Nuscheler (* 11. April 1938 in bath Wörishofen) is a German Politologe. It was up to its retirement in the year 2003 professor for international ones and comparative policy at the University of Duisburg meal.
table of contents
- study of political science, history and public one right in Heidelberg
- thesis (1967) with Professor. Dolf Sternberger over “walter Bagehot and the English condition theory”
- 1969-1972 scientific assistant at the University of Hamburg
- 1972-1974 scientific upper advice ebenda
- 1972/73 speaker of the special research range 14 (Latin America)
- 1974 call on the chair for international ones and comparative policy at the Gerhard Mercator university comprehensive university Duisburg
- since 1990 director of the institute for development and peace.
Franz Nuscheler placed main points of research time of its research work global questions in the center of its entire scientific work. It always exerted itself as a scientist for normative fastidious global policy. Corner points of its work are under other:
- Human rights and democracy
- development and peace
- retaining the natural bases of life
- cooperative action beginnings into international migration
- global Governance
- for the political organization of the globalization however it
it concerns to multipole arene world order less a sociology of the international relations than around the order-political goal of an socialecological free-market economy on world level, which grants fair development chances to the arms. Quotation: „The poverty fight must therefore taken out of the corner arms - and compassion politics and as if ordered polit. Reason and the enlightened self-interest to be understood. And it must be merged into the architecture of a world social order. “ (2001,9). In addition Nuscheler wanted not only for a small academic circle writes to separate a larger circle of of development policy interested one to reach (EX.S. Learning and work book development policy of 1985 or the youth book “nowhere at home”).
the question to become, like world problems on globalization conditions solvable it particularly the last years employed and it to “global governance” led. With global Governance (in the following GG) one marks a concept with to the question of the political controllableness by world problems and the globalization tendencies to answer is tried. The necessity for the solution of world problems in the course of the vortschreitenden globalization fordrt a globalization of the policy, since procedures and instruments nationalnational making and of the policy of interests are not sufficient for no more the requirements to solve this multiplicity from problems to. GG designates now the new order structures of this new globalisierten policy. The term GG emerges in the scientific discussion for the first time in 1995 a submitted report “neighbour in a world” the Comission OF global Governance . Core statements of the GG-concept, which is violently disputed in the meantime in the international discussion, are after Messner and Nuscheler:
- “Global Governance” is not called “global Government”, thus world state or world government.
- GG is based on different forms and levels of the international co-ordination and co-operation and collective decision formations. International organizations transfer the co-ordination and the respective, contractually to the organization bound, national states translated the will for co-operation to obligatory sets of rules.
- Geteilte Souveränitäten bewirken einen Zugewinn an gemeinsamer Handlungs- und Problemlösungsfähigkeit => Loss of sovereignty.
- GG demands a cooperating of national and non-governmental participants from the global to restaurants the level. Horizontal and vertical cross-settings of the economics and civil company are to promote this process.
- Hauptakeure of international pole TIC remain the national states, which the jeweilgen interests of economics, NGO's and the civil company on its territory to bundle, and the basic columns of GG-architecture to thus form.
Result: Global Governance tries to supply answers, as the world can be still governed.
- Elements that global Governance architecture (together with: Tobias Debiel)
- Development policy under conditions of the globalization
- Global trends (together with: Tobias Debiel)
- Appraisal of the scientific adviser of the Federal Government for global environmental changes (WBGU) (together with: Thomas Fues)
participation in committees and commissions
- specialreasonable member in the Enquete commission “globalization of the world economy”
- member of the scientific adviser of the Federal Government “global environmental change” (WBGU)
- member in the scientific advisers of the Goethe Institute, German institute for overseas, the petrol Benecke donation and the Austrian State Department
- of deputy Vorstitzender of the donation development and peace
- selection commission of the Alexander of Humboldt donation (George frost he program)
- research commission of the German society for the United Nations (DGVN)
- advice for migration
- member of the evaluation teams with the Bonn ZEF (center for development research)
- expert commission “transformation” with the Bertelsmann donation
- Nuscheler, Franz (2004), learning and work book development policy, 5. edition worked on completely again: Bonn: J. H. W. Dietz publishing house, 656 S. The “learning and work book development policy” is a fundamental introduction to the central topic fields of development policy globalization, state failure, hunger, population, economics and environment.
- Nuscheler, Franz (2004), international migration. Escape and asylum, 2. Aufl., in: Series of publications basic knowledge politics, Bd. 14: Wiesbaden: VS publishing house, 232 S.
- Hauchler, Ingomar/Messner, Dirk/Nuscheler, Franz (Hrsg.) (2003), global trends 2004/2005. Facts, analyses, prognoses: Frankfurt/M.: Fischer paperback publishing house, 347 S.
- Kennedy, Paul/Messner, Dirk/Nuscheler, Franz (Hrsg.) (2002), global trend and global Governance: London: Pluto press, 208 S.
- Nuscheler, Franz (Hrsg.) (2000), development and peace in 21. Century. To the history of the impact of the Brandt report (special volume: World texts of the donation development and peace): Bonn, 512 S.
- Nuscheler, Franz (1995), learning and work book development policy, 4. Edition (Chinese translation: 1999): Bonn
- Nohlen, Dieter /Nuscheler, Franz (Hrsg.) (1992), manual of the third world, 3. worked on completely again edition, 8 Bde.: Bonn: J.H.W. Dietz successor GmbH. The “manual of the third world” (HDW) is the prominent book of development policy in the German linguistic area. It appears in eight volumes.
- Nuscheler, Franz (1990), of Japan development policy. Quantitative superlative and qualitative deficits, reports of the institute for Asia customer, No. 181, (Japanese translation: Tokyo 1992): Hamburg
- Nuscheler, Franz (1988), nowhere at home - humans on the escape, 3. Edition (excellently with the Gustav Heinemann Friedenspreis): Munich: dtv
- Nuscheler, Franz (1969), walter Bagehot and the English condition theory: Meisenheim
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Franz Nuscheler in the catalog of the DDB
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||of German Politologe|
|DATE OF BIRTH||11. April 1938|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||bath Wörishofen|