Free academy of the arts to Leipzig
the free academy of the arts to Leipzig is a society of artists and spirit scientists with seat in Leipzig, who think according to statute „contentiously and tolerantly about the existence of the arts in our time ". Over its tasks it means: „Common with partners from economics and art from west and East Germany form networks, the new ways of art promotion open " (from the program for the Italo Svevo price).
Table of contents
as result of the democratic paging in East Germany, which received relevant impulses from Leipzig, created artists, art theoreticians and philosophers to 17. June 1992 the free academy of the arts to Leipzig. Intention of the founders was it to connect and with the academy at the same time a new model for working cultural institutions create „the new beginning of social development " with the search for new artistic expression and functions. The academy places itself into a historical context of departure and contradiction, to which also the Gründungsdatum refers symbolically (seventeenth June 1953). In its statute it means: Affected by the experiences of history, the members remind „of the human and artistic values, those in the conflict with power structures developed and request to let these become effective for present and future. The idea obligated, the members of the academy want to contribute Europe without borders to waive the sort of the arts and artists. “
Can apply as model the free academy of the arts in Hamburg, created of Hans Henny Jahnn. Contrary to the Saxonian academy of the arts the free academy of the arts is not to Leipzig national mechanism. Like the free academy in Hamburg also the free academy is in Leipzig an association of civil right. Initial members were among other things Thomas Böhme, Heinz Czechowski, hard TIG Ebersbach, Burkhard Glaetzner, Werner Heiduczek, Wulf Kirsten, Peter Konwitschny, Wolfgang ruffle Zwieback, Michael Morgner, Klaus ram, Arila victory ore, Steffen Schleiermacher, franc cutter, Uwe Scholz, Jürgen plate, Guntram Vesper and Udo Carpenter. First president was Professor. Udo Carpenter, until 2001 director of the opera Leipzig; Secretary of the academy was of 1992 to 2003 Ingrid Sunday.
The work of the academy becomes project-related and genericspreading not in classes or sections, but. Important projects of the academy were the speech rows „culture place center Europe " (Sunday initiates) from Ingrid, an exhibition with works of the painter, stage designer and director Achim Freyer in Leipzig and Dresden (1998) and the safety device of the work of the Fotografin Evelyn judge, from whom 2005 a personnel exhibition in the museum of the forming arts Leipzig came out. With 226 meetings and approximately 21,000 visitors since its establishment (Leipziger people newspaper of 24. June 2002) developed the academy to an important center of the cultural life, which worked the far over city Leipzig outside. Financed by the office for culture of the city Leipzig, by project means of the culture donation Saxonia and by donations, the academy came after the retreat of the culture donation Saxonia and the city Leipzig 2003 into a crisis, which led to the locking of the office and to the temporary attitude of the work.
Since 2004 the academy continues its work in reduced way.
The academy resides in the house of the book (Gerichtsweg 28) in Leipzig.
presidency and president
the presidency of the academy consists of the president and two vices-president, who are selected by the meeting of the members in secret choice.
Past presidents were:
- 1992-1997 Professor. Udo Carpenter
- 1997-1998 Peter Konwitschny
- 1998-1999 hard TIG Ebersbach
- 1999-2004 Professor. Helmut Brade
- since 2004 Dr. Michael Lentz
vice-president are the composer Wolfgang Heisig and the musician Erwin would sting.
the academy has tidy members, honour members and promoting members. It had 77 tidy and two promoting members (conditions 2005)
each member is justified to suggest new members to the choice what from two members to is to be endorsed. New members are selected by the meeting of the members with simple majority in secret tuning. Self applications are impossible.
Honour members are appointed by the president, after they were selected of the meeting of the members as tidy members.
Promotion members are suggested by the presidency of the academy of the meeting of the members for confirmation.
the free academy of the arts to Leipzig lent from 2001 to 2004, in co-operation with the Blue Capital GmbH Hamburg, the Italo Svevo price. The price endowed with 15.000 euro was assigned annually to the Leipziger book fair. „Is honoured and promoted the work of a German-speaking authoress/a German-speaking author, which is characterised by at least three independent book publications in the area of the Prosa in all its kinds of play. “
The management of the Blue Capital GmbH orders a speaker, who appoints the Kuratorium of the Italo Svevo of price from own responsibility, to which five representatives of the literary and social life belong. Speaker of the Kuratoriums, which was used for first five years, is a writer Wolfgang preserving forest. The Kuratorium selects the winner. The free academy accompanied organizational the award of the prize and has responsibility for the master program. Price speeches and material given change to Italo Svevo, in co-operation with „the edition those hear " in the row „Cràzzola ".
Starting from 2005 the price will assign no more with the free academy of the arts to Leipzig, but in co-operation with the literature house Hamburg.
- Kathrin Röggla, 2001
- Alois Hotschnig, 2002
- Hartmut is enough, for 2003
- hitting a corner hard Henscheid , 2004
- Gegengründung. Free academy of the arts in Leipzig. Frankfurt general newspaper 25. March 1992.
- War of the academies? Saxonia: In the Free State equivalent two academies of the arts were created. Young world 20.6.1992.
- It is created. Free academy of the arts in Leipzig based. Frankfurt general newspaper 20. June 1992.
- Contentiously and tolerant thinking about art. The establishment of a new academy in Leipzig. Frankfurter Rundschau 23. June 1992.
- Questions about sense and authority. The painter hard TIG Ebersbach for the threatening end of the free academy of the arts to Leipzig. Leipziger people newspaper 5. September 1999.
- On the way to a new era. The free academy of the arts to Leipzig celebrates 10. Birthday. In the discussion with president Helmut Brade. Leipziger people newspaper 15. /16. June 2002.
- Ten years academy. Thoughtful interruptions of the everyday life. Were years for Macher. Leipziger people newspaper 17. June 2002.
- free academy of the arts to Leipzig. Editorship: Ingrid Czechowski with Thomas Böhme and hard TIG Ebersbach. Leipzig 1993. ISBN 3-929294-08-7.
- Think I of Germany. Think I of Europe. Reflections over the future. Given change of Ingrid Czechowski (Ingrid Sunday). Leipzig 1995. ISBN 3-379015-27-X.
- The passing outwit. Self questioning of German authors. Given change of Ingrid Czechowski (Ingrid Sunday). Leipzig 1996. ISBN 3-379015-63-6.
- Three miles before the beginning. Speeches over the future. Given change of Ingrid Sunday. Leipzig 1998. ISBN 3-379016-33-0.
- Achim Freyer: Individuals. Pictures and. Plastics. Leipzig 1998.
- CRAZZOLA 1,2,3,4. Price speeches and. Pieces of find (series of publications to the Italo Svevo price 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004) of 4 Bd. Given change of the free academy of the arts to Leipzig on behalf of Blue Capital, editorship: Ingrid Sunday. Bd.1: ISBN 3-897017-30-X; Bd.2: ISBN 3-897018-80-2; Bd.3: ISBN: ISBN 3-865090-17-6.
Web on the left of
- www.akademieleipzig.de - official Internet operational readiness level