|of the titles of this article is ambiguous. For further meanings see Fulda (term clarifying).|
|Coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Hessen|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 50° 33 ' N, 09° 40 ' O 50° 33 ' N, 09°40 ' O
|height:||261 m and. NN|
|surface:||104.04 km ²|
|inhabitants:||63.782 (31. Dec. 2004)|
|Population density:||613 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip codes:||36001-36043 (old: 6400)|
|municipality key:||06 631,009|
|city arrangement:||24 quarters|
of the city administration:
| Lock road 1|
|mayor:||Gerhard Möller (CDU)|
|mayor:||Dr. Wolfgang Dippel (CDU)|
Fulda is upper center of east Hessen and the ninth-largest city of Hessen. Fulda is simultaneous the district town of the district Fulda and one of seven special status cities of Hessen. Further Fulda is bishop seat of the diocese of the same name.
8 Web on the left of
Further places in the region are Hünfeld, Dipperz, Hofbieber, Tann in the Rhön, Hildersand Gersfeld eastward as well as to the south and the west Schlüchtern, Grebenhain, bath Salzschlirf, Grossenlüder, loud brook and slot.
the city consists beside the town center of the formerly independent municipalities Horas, Bernhard, Besges,Bronnzell, Dieter-beautiful, noble cell, glass cell, Haimbach, Harmerz, Istergiesel, Johannesberg, new mountain, Kohl house, chamber cell, leaning ore, Lüdermünd, Maberzell, Malkes, Mittelrode, Niederrode, Niesig, Oberrode, Rodges, Sickels, cell and Zirkenbach. By the development of the city the again established quarters are pulling R-S north, pulling R-S south, ash mountain and Fulda gallerydeveloped. The former US barracks form likewise new quarter with living and trade areas as well as schools, the cathedral Muenster are called.
- As Fuldas most beautiful quarters (calm layer, good air) one praises Dieter-beautiful. It lies without transit traffic to a large extent surrounded by forest in the norththe city north the motorway A 7 already in the catchment area of the Haune with free view of the Hochrhön (Milseburg and water crest).
- Leaning ore is because of the northern outskirts of a town underneath the noise mountain, it was until 1972 an independent municipality. Landmarks are the 1977geweihte new church and the 1887 build cricket castle, which accommodates today a hotel.
View of the Schulzenberg over Fulda of the Rhön. (Photo, Thomas's the gel man 2001)
the city Fulda became by the hessian regional reorganization 1972 around thoseincreased, however 1974 their circle liberty lost mentioned above 24 surrounding municipalities. But it, like six further hessian cities with more than 50,000 inhabitants, became special status city. That means that the city has more tasks and rights than other circle-belonging of cities,but less than circle-free cities.
development of the city
at the beginning of the 1970er years developed on the ash mountain new quarters, whose land development is coined/shaped by blocks of flats, multistoried buildings in addition, single family houses. The today's town development becomes at the western edge thatCity center updated. In addition “Fulda gallery” develops in the west the new quarter, from which one can grasp almost the entire city. In the year 2005 the new culture and congress center “Esperanto” were finished and inaugurated. This contains a new swimming pool that thatold central bath to replace is. Further larger building projects in the city center were future the reorganization of the vegetable market and the transformation of the university place.
major item: History of the city Fulda
the origin of the name Fulda is still inexplicably. It is to be assumed the Teutons took over the name of preceding peoples, because he is not Germanic, but indogermanischen origin.
Historical name forms: The following names are documentary delivered. From the year 750 Uulta and Uulthaha, of 751 Fulda, of 752 Uuldaha, the year ago 769 Fulde, and in 16. Century Fuld, Fult and Fuldt.
The following possibilities of the relationship are stated: OldSaxonian: folda, anglo-saxon: folde (earth, soil), the etymon seems to be aha (water, river), thereforealso Fuldaha, Uultaha and Uuldaha. One assumes the original waters name Plta read. This acceptance is supported by the fact that there is a Indogermani large number of words with the root in the *pel-/pol. Thus could the Fulda a ringing off variant of the indogermanischen Polota its. With the Fulda can also certain family relations in east Central Europe be found beyond that. In Letti there is Pelta palts, palte (puddle, pool), in addition, the river od. Peltew. A sound shift of“P” after “PF” may have led to the name Fulda. Often rivers were designated after divinities, then the name can point Balder also on the Germanic divinity. Around 800 the Germanic languages were close old-Saxonian, old-Frankish, altfriesisch each other still quite. In Altfriesisch gives it the word to “Bulda” for a coin. Only around 800 the Friesen was back-pushed on its current settlement area, the Germanic sound shift did not take part in it not.
Fuldaer area up to the town foundation
major item: Fuldaer area up toTown foundation
after the eventful geologic history of the Fuldaer of area also here stone-temporal certifications of the presence of the Homo are to be found erectus. First settlements are in the time around 5000 v. Chr. demonstrably (see time border). Cultures developed, the people migrationnew settlers brought into the region. A celtic city developed to the Milseburg. The Frankish realm developed after the decay of the Roman realm to the center of power and later to the great power in Central Europe. The Franconia king Chlodwig I.secured itself alsoits baptism for its power efforts, a Christianisierung broad-put on used the support of Rome.Bonifatius was assigned by the Pope to missionieren the heidnischen peoples Germaniens.
By Sturmius the development of the place began 744. In the year 754 Bonifatius in this monastery becameburied. By Karl the monastery 774 the immunity received and became the large one thus a realm monastery. Between 791 and 819 the Ratgar Basilika (designated after the abbott ) was built, which at this time largest buildings of churches north thatAlps was. In this time first farmers and craftsman settled around the monastery. The abbey and the settlement received 1019 by Heinrich II. the Münz, market and Zollrecht and 1114 Fulda the first time becomes as city (Civitas)mentioned.
under abbott Marquard I. (1150 - 1165) the city experienced an upswing, many alienated goods was restituted. One of the most well-known forgers of documents of the Middle Ages, the Fuldaer monk Eberhard helped the abbott. AbbottMarquard had robbery knights to drive out, castles put on and fastened the city 1162 with a Stadtmauer.
Of king Friedrich II. the abbotts of the monastery were raised into the realm prince conditions. Prince abbott Heinrich of Weilnau let 1294 and 1312 an abbott castle build between, inwhich it outside of the monastery resided. This castle became in 17. Century by prince abbott Johann Friedrich of Schwalbach into a Renaissance lock converted.
rebellion of the citizens
1208 was raised Fulda to the city andwas awake jealous over its rights against the arrogances of the abbotts. The latters already possessed a castle beside the monastery; when abbott Heinrich (1320 ago) established still another second within the city, the citizens conquered with the help of the count Johann of Ziegenhain both castles of the abbott and destroyed the new castle including tower and Ringmauern. On complaint of the fled abbott with the emperor over the city and the counts the realm eight were imposed. Later (1331) the triersche archbishop Balduin mediateda Sühne to restore had and important remunerations pay due to those the citizens the tower and the Ringmauern of the new castle had.
farmer wars in the Fuldaer country
the situation of the city citizens and the farmers in the surrounding countryside was by thosehigh deliveries and Frondienste very pitifully. Pin plünderte the land people out and established ever more splendid buildings. Thus also the farmers rose in the Fuldaer country together with the citizens of the city against the authority and took part in the spring1525 at the German farmer war.
In the farmer wars in Fulda and Fuldaer country was important the Pfaff von Dipperz Hans Dahlhopf, the 10,000 farmers around itself scharte. Land count Philipp of Hessen came the pin with a strong army to the assistanceand the rebellion in the battle at the woman mountain struck down.
witch pursuits in Fulda
1603 in the time of witch pursuits Balthasar nut was appointed as Zentgraf after Fulda. Balthasar of the brook transferred it execution that beyond that Witch processes in the entire high pin. In three years Balthasar nut let about 300 alleged witches and witch masters torture and execute afterwards. It drew in the fortune of the victims for itself. (Details to the witch processes see with Balthasar of the brook).
transition Feudalismus - industrialization beginning (baroque)
prince abbott Adalbert of sharpen-race appointed 1700 Johann Dientzenhofer the master of building of pins in Fulda and assigned it, in the placeto establish the Ratgar Basilika a new cathedral and a city lock in the baroque style; see articles: Fuldaer cathedral.
1752 was raised the prince abbotts into the conditions from prince bishops.
The secularization 1802 entmachtete the prince bishops. The fuldischen possessions went at Friedrich William from Oranien Nassau, until 1806 Napoleonthe province Fulda annektierte.1810 became it part of the Grand Duchy of Frankfurt. On the Viennese congress 1815 was dissolved the province and transferred after one year's Prussian administration to cure Hessen. After the German brother war from 1866 Fulda and cure Hessen Teil becamethe Kingdom of Prussia.
Fulda in the third realm
the city circle-free since 1927 developed after 1945 to a modern industrial site.1972 took place the incorporation from 24 green belt municipalities.1974 lost the city the circle liberty, however a “ functional special status” applies since 1980, with which different tasks of the circle stage are connected.
In the time of the cold war Fulda had a special strategic meaning, thosein the term Fulda Gap is clarified. The term was due to the conception that in case of an attack Warsaw Pact of the this would try to penetrate by the valley of the Fulda to South West German country. There was a large US garrison in the “DownsBar rack " with the 11th Armored Cavalry regiment (Blackhorse). 1994 were terminated the stationing by US armed forces in Fulda. On the area of the former barracks different authorities and companies settled. On the area of the airfield belonging to the barracks developednew quarters: “Gallery”.
coat of arms
Blasonierung: A split sign; in front in silver a black continuous cross, in the back in red greenerThree-mountain, from which a green Lilienstaude with three silver blooms grows up. Over the sign a fünfzinnige Mauerkrone is arranged.
Meaning: The cross originates from the coat of arms of the abbey Fulda, from which the city resulted. The lilies stand for thosethree protection cartridge of the city (Simplizius, Faustinus and Beatrix). Bonifatius brought Reliquien to this holy one into the monastic church after Fulda. The red background stands for the martyr death, which the three died. The Mauerkrone stands for the Stadtmauer.
Partnerships between cities
- Como / Italy (since 1960)
- Arles / France (since 1964)
- Sergijew Possad / Russia (since 1991)
- Wilmington / the USA (since 1997)
- Litoměřice / Tschechien (since 2001)
in the catholic Fulda was in 2. Empire and the Weimar Republic traditionally the center the strongest party. After the war the city was established as the most important center of the CDU in the country Hessen. Most well-known Fuldaer politician of the post-war period was Alfred Dregger, which was 24 years long mayor of Fulda and 26 years long Member of the Bundestag (occasional CDU/CSU party chairmen) of the constituency Fulda.
|Year||CDU||SPD||the GREEN||FDP||CWE||REP||the left-open list||entire|
an objection against the validity of this choice, there the applicant voices on approx. 10% the voting card not counted out are, by the town council to 24.4.06 were rejected. A second counting does not take place for the time being.
meaning of the catholicism and other religions
than catholic bishop seat and seat of the German bishop conference are traditionally catholic coined/shaped Fulda. The former archbishop Johannes Dyba († 2000) was one of the most well-known German bishopsand at the same time popular and disputed due to its conservative positions. Dyba was considered as outstanding pastoraler Seelsorger and possessed humorous temper. Its death affected humans far beyond Fulda and the far over catholic church.
After the reformation catholic service foundonly in the church at the Severiberg instead of. The Gegenreformation with intensive employment of the Jesuiten conquered Fulda again for the catholicism back.
Since 1896 the Fuldaer (Lutheraner) has an Evangelist representative church in the city center, the Christ church. Hereditary prince Wilhelm Friedrichof Oranien - Nassau (1772-1843), starting from 1814 as a William I. King of the Netherlands and Grand Duke of Luxembourg, created a Evangelist-reformed municipality as a new national gentleman 1802 in Fulda. At the 3. April, the Palmsonntag of the yearly 1803, found to that in the Collegium MarianumUnversität in Fulda the first service of the again-created Evangelist-reformed municipality. Up to the inauguration of the Christ church at the 1. July 1896 and after their war destruction of Easter 1946 up to the reinauguration to 25.9.1949 stood this area for the Evangelist ones again for theirServices for the order. Out at the beginning of 343 Evangelist ones and a minister became in the course of 200 years in Fulda and closer environment 8 Evangelist municipalities with 12 minister inside and ministers with nearly 20,000 municipality members, those the reformatorischen faith in this regionrepresent. Source: Anniversary publication „200 years Evangelist municipality in Fulda “, Fulda, 2003, with detailed literature and sources too „Evangelist in Fulda “. Fulda is seat of the office of the German Evangelist church conference.
In Fulda there is today in addition a Jewish municipality. Itwith it those continues century for a long time tradition of Jewish life in Fulda .
The moreover one there are municipalities of the witnesses Jehovas.
in Fulda publishing house the Fuldaer newspaper appears in the old-established Parzeller. The same publishing house gives numerous homeland-historicalPublications out. A competitive daily paper, the Fuldaer people newspaper, had to adjust 1974 the appearance.
In the Fuldaer station route the hessian broadcast a Regionalstudio operates, from which reports from east Hessen are sent. In the Frankfurt road the private station maintains hit radioFFH in the publishing house of the Fuldaer newspaper likewise a Regionalstudio.
orchestras and choirs
- Fuldaer Symphoni orchestra
- chamber orchestra of the youth e. V. Fulda
- Collegium musicum Fulda e. V.
- Urban concert choir Winfridia
- of choirs at the high cathedral to Fulda:
- Jugendkathedralchor (formerly Mädchenkantorei and cathedral singing boy)
- cathedral choir
- Dompfarrchor pc. Simplizius
- Child and youth choir of the Dompfarrei Fulda
- child choir pc. Bonifatius Fulda
skirt and jazz
- the internationally successful skirt volume Edguy
- caution blower e. V.
- the incredible peanutz
- Mighty Vibez
- lock theatre (no own ensemble)
- Johannesberger doll theatre
- CineStar the film palace
- Löhertor cinema
of swimming pools
- open-rir swimming pool Rosenau
- sport bath of Ziehers
- municipal swimming pool Esperanto
- Rhön hot spring
- Vonderau museum: The museum is after the homeland researcher Professor. Vonderau designated.Here numerous pieces of find are from before-historical time, the moreover one also pieces from the celtic settlement of the Fuldaer of area.
- German fire-brigade museum
- cathedral museum
- Ferdinand brown collection
- university and federal state library in Fulda with medieval writings
- child academy
- Michaelskirche - from the time 1000 ago n. Chr. still the Roman Michaelskirche is received , one of the oldest churches of Germany in Fulda (818 - 822 builds). It served probably likewise like the former Ratgar Basilika as grave church. The interior of the Michaelskirche is decorated with fresco painting.
- Pc. Andreas's church - the again restored crypt, from ottonischer time, is a well received work of art, and holds one of the oldest Wandmalereien nördl. the alps in itself hidden.
- University of Fulda
- old city hall (reconstruction of the appearance of 1531)
- aristocracy palace in the baroque quarter
- cathedral to Fulda
- city lock
- Orangerie and palace garden with Floravase of the Bamberger of sculptor Johann Friedrich Humbach
- monastery woman mountain (1758 -1765)
- Paulustor construction period of 1710 - 1711
- city parish church (construction period 1771 - 1785)
- Benediktinerinnenabtei pc. Maria
- St. Bonifatius in Horas, reproduction of the Elizabeth church (Marburg) 1885, with Glasfenstern of Charles Crodel 1958 and 1974.
- Propsteischloss Johannesberg
- lock Fasanerie („Adolphseck "): The lock, once fürstbischöfliche and later kurfürstlich hessian summer residence, lies in the Gemarkung oak cell. The lock became in the years 1730 - 1757 builds. The extensive baroque plant, which the Fuldaer prince bishop Amand von Buseck created itself, reflects itsPower and splendour love apparently against. Architect was in fürstbischöflichen services standing Italian masters of building of yards Andreas Gallasini. In the lock is a porcelain collection with Fuldaer porcelain, unique in Europe.
- Jewish Mikwe
- received fronts in Swiss style
- plastics of the artist Franz Erhard roll ago in the street space
- Bonifatiusdenkmal - on the earlier „lock place “(today „Bonifatiusplatz “) an ore fixed image of the holy Bonifatius Gedenkstein Hundshagenanlage Gedenktafel
- at the city lock
- Obelisk before city parish church
- [work on]
- Woman Mrs.
- Fuldaaue with national horticultural show area
- noise mountain with observation tower
- homeland zoo
- of moving ways and cycle tracks around Fulda
- lock park at the city lock
- lock Fasanerie in Bronzell
Fulda is Hessen most important Karnevalshochburg. To in 15 Jh. decreasing/going back Foaset consists of altogether13 Karnevalsvereinen, at whose point the Fuldaer Karnevalsgesellschaft stands. The “associations governing around the town centre „ are called „border states “. On rose Monday this and numerous regional Karnevalsvereine in the traditionally largest rose on Mondays course in completely Hessen marches by Fuldas city center.
Continues to giveit in the summer months (usually April - Octobers) the every two weeks taking place Night Skating Experience, a Inlineskater - meeting on public roads of the city under the protection of the police. The project is supported by the city Fulda andpolice headquarters east Hessen.
a well-known Fuldaer Gerich „the Zwibbelsploatz “(bulb cake) is, that traditionally in altfuldaer households on Fridays manufactured and for baking into the next Baker's shop was brought. This very day there is this Fuldaer speciality to buy primarily on Fridays in the old-established baker's shops. In addition there was then often potato soup. Also this court is based on the catholic Fuldaer tradition, there meatless meal onFor the memory of Jesu death serves Fridays.
economics and infrastructure
in earlier centuries were Fulda upper center of the surrounding rural areas with the administration of the fürstbischöflichen real estate properties; the city was coined/shaped by the handicraft, howfor example Gerber in the Löherstrasse, comb yarn spinning mill, cotton weaving mill, damast and the bag canvas production (Fuldaer canvas), plüsch, filztuch, the wax light production, Wollfärberei, wax bleach plant, Salpetersiederei, producing of wind instruments etc. Around 1880 were also the grain and the cattle trade of importance; at that time nine cattle cattle markets found annual andweekly a pig market instead of.
With beginning of the industrialization won the candle production, metalworking (Emallierwerk) and material processing (company Mehler) at meaning. Buy is particularly attractive in Fulda. Due both to the large catchment area as well as the nice city centerFulda loads with a various offer for strolling in. One finds here the third biggest pedestrian precinct of Hessen.
some industrie and service enterprise of supraregional importance have their head office in Fulda.
InRange the plastic and the rubber processing are to be called here the company Fulda tire An old tradition has the textile-manufacturing trade in the city, the companies Mehler AG and the Wirth group, to that among other things the felt factory Fulda asFelt manufacturers and the Dura Tufting as carpet manufacturers belong, play here an important role. Further the head office of the supermarket chain is tegut , in the measuring and control engineering is the company JUMO GmbH & cost here. Kg actively, the company EDAG engineering& Design AG develops automobile bodies and production roads (z. B. Development smart) and the company Eika produces candles. The company Adolf Jass with head office in Fulda manufactures cardboard raw paper. Also the health industry has a renowned representative in Fulda: Thoseto the Fresenius AG belonging of HELIOS hospitals GmbH, one of the three largest private hospital enterprises in Germany, has his company seat in a historical baroque building. The Germany center of the Personaldienstleisters Adecco is to be shifted 2007 from Fulda to Duesseldorf.
Fulda are an important traffic junction with ICE - station between Frankfurt/Main, Kassel, Erfurt and peppering castle; Nebenlinien lead across when field in the bird mountain after pouring and after Gersfeld in the Rhön (Rhönbahn).
See also: Station Fulda
- historical roads
Fulda is because of the way crossing of the following historical roads:
- federal motorways
- historical: not distance finished placed 46
- federal motorway 7: Feet - Ulm - peppering castle - Fulda - Kassel - Hamburg
- federal motorway 66: Wiesbaden - Frankfurt/Main - Hanau - Fulda
- motorway interchange Fulda: Connection between A 7 and A 66
- motorway connection places: Fulda north (91) A 7, Fulda center (92) A 7 (starting from ca.2008), Fulda south (53) A 66
- Federal highways
|A long has 15||reason|
|3||special schools 467 1 reason,||main|
|and||six-form high school||1,043|
|3||six-form high schools||2,565|
|4 High Schools||4,926|
|Gymnasiale upper stage||343|
|1||professional school 4,367||1|
theological faculty 40 Fulda since the KlostergündungTradition as training and university town. To mention are here in particular Rabanus Maurus (structure of the monastery library, monastery school, encyclopedia „De universo “) and Heinrich of Bibra with the school reform in the high pin Fulda. 1734 became of Adolph of Dalberg those University of Fulda based, which existed until 1805.
Existed at teaching institutes 1880: a High School, a material pro High School, a catholic and an Evangelist higher daughter school, a catholic school teacher seminar and the hessian federal state library with approximately 50,000 volumes (1778 based).
Today it givesin Fulda, the school upper center of the region, several High Schools: the free ago of stone school, the Winfriedschule, the cathedral High School and the Marienschule. In addition are settled three further six-form high schools, numerous reason and hauptschule, technical and specialized technical and special schools. A comprehensive school gives it inCity not. In the professional school Fulda are written about 4,000 studying. In addition there is a catholic seminar for priests.
Since 2001 the university and federal state library Fulda at two locations are represented: at the Heinrich of Bibra place and at the university in the Marquardtstrasse. Togetherhave they an existence of over 520.000 volumes.
Additionally the city Fulda leads city archives, which have its location at the Bonifatiusplatz. Church archives are in the Bischöflichen seminar for priests at the Eduard sending place. The Bonifatiushaus (house of the further training of the Diözese Fulda)a carrier of the except-school education is as a catholic academy.
the soccer association “sport club Borussia Fulda “plays in the season 2005/06 in the fifth German football league, „the national league north “. Largest success inassociation history was the championship of North Hesse and Lower Saxony 1934. In the championship play against Goettingen 05 the sport club triumphed at that time with 4:1.
The stadium of the city Fulda, „the sport park Johannisau “has 18.000 spectator places; 742 that altogether 1,978 seats is considered. The stadium was inaugurated in the year 1957 still without the today's seat grandstand. Spectator record was 1963 in the regional league south the play between Fulda and Hessen Kassel before 26.000 visitors. The number of visitors became from safety reasons at the beginning of the 1970er years up25.000, at the beginning of the 1980er years to 22.000 reduces. With a friendship game between Fulda and the fiber plastic Bavaria Munich were 1997 20,000 visitors present. The national league everyday life of the Borussia Fulda takes place before clearly fewer spectators.
of sons and daughtersthe city
- Rudolf of Fulda
- born around 1445 Adam von Fulda, † 1505 in joke mountain (at the plague), German composer and
- music theoretician Adam Krafft 1493 in Fulda, + 9. September 1558 in Marburg, first hessian national bishop
- Jakob soot: The twelve-year-old boy becomes to 10. November 1628 during a witch process cross-examined and confesses only after repeated capers with the rod, at witch exits for the clover mountain to have participated and also as Leuchter have served there. When it hears the execution judgement, crieshe and promises improvement, if one leaves the life to him. The asseveration does not help it anything. It is executed.
- 1811, 28. June, Georg von Adelmann, † 1888 in Berlin, German physician
- 1850, 6. June, Ferdinand brown, †20. April 1918 in New York town center, Nobelpreisträger for physics, inventor of the cathode ray tube (TV picture tube)
- 1866, 10. October, Ferdinand cutter, † 27. March 1955 in Fulda, technicians and inventor, experiments for wireless information transfer
- 1876, 14. April, Curt ofUlrich, † 2. February 1946 in the camp forest Zinna, upper president of the Prussian province Saxonia, MdR
- 1888, 5. May, Cuno Raabe, † 3. May 1971 in Gersfeld (Rhön), German politician center, MdR
- 1892, 1. April, Anton stork, † 26. November 1975 in Fulda, German politician (CDU), MdB and Federal Minister of Labor)
- 1909, 31. December, Ernst Kramer, † 1993, architect and restaurant historian
- 1938, Klaus enriches, Anglist, translators and poets
- 1948, 4. February, Martin high man, German politician (CDU, 2004 impossible), MdB
- 1980, Sebastian Kehl, football player of Borussia Dortmund as well as German national player
- 1981, Patrik sinking joke, wheel running driver, winner of the Germany route 2004
in Fuldaworked and/or. in addition work
- Bonifatius (* 672/673 in Crediton; † 5. June 754 with Dokkum in Friesland), burial place in the Fuldaer cathedral
- Sturmius (* around 705 probably in Lorch (upper Austria); † 17. December 779 in Fulda) was Missionar and founder of the monastery Fulda
- Eigil of Fulda (* around 750 in Bavaria; † 15. June or 6. August 822 in Fulda), became 818 fourth abbott in Fulda
- Rabanus Maurus (* around 780 in Mainz; † 4. February 856 in Mainz), structure of the Fuldaer monastery school
- Bardo of Mainz (* approx. 980; † 1051) Monk and Propst in the monastery Fulda, abbott of monastery and archbishop of Mainz
- Markward I., also Marquard and Marcuard were 1150 until 1165 abbott in Fulda
- Athanasius Kircher S.J. (* 1602 in Geisa/Thuringia; † 27. November 1680 in Rome) was a German Jesuit and universal scholar 17. Century, trained in Fulda
- Balthasar nut (* around 1545; † 1618 in Bath Brückenau), witch judges of the high pin Fulda of 1603 - 1606, brought about 300 humans in the time of witch pursuits on the heaps of failure. 1603 died during a witch process Mrs. Merga Bien.
- Heinrich of Bibra (* 22. August1711 in Schnabelwaid with Bamberg; † 25. September 1788 in Fulda) prince bishop, abbott of Fulda, Schulreformator.
- Johann Dientzenhofer (* 25. May 1663 in rose home; † 20. July 1726 in Bamberg), building masters of the Fuldaer of cathedral and the city lock
- JohannChristian Hundeshagen (* 10. August 1783 in Hanau; † 10. February 1834 in pouring), forest scientist
- Leo pointing coat (* 10. June 1888 in upper sense/Lower Franconia; † 16. September 1964 Rodalben/Pirmasens) writers, is considered as a founder of the professional school Fulda
- Archangelus release flax (*3. November 1903 in Alzey; † 13. February 1982), Kapuzinerpater, worked in the diocese Fulda
- Dr. Alfred Dregger (* 10. December 1920 in Münster (Westphalia); † 29. June 2002 in Fulda), politicians of the CDU, MdB and of1956 to 1970 mayors of Fulda
- Johannes Dyba (* 15. September 1929 in Berlin; † 23. July 2000), kath. Archbishop
- Heinz Josef Algermissen (* 15. February 1943 in Hermeskeil), kath. Bishop
- Dr. Alois Rhiel (* 6. October 1950 in Marburg - Ginseldorf) mayor, today hessian minister of economics
- Karlheinz Diez (* 20. May 1954), is bishop in the diocese Fulda
- Sebastian Kehl (* 13. February 1980 in Lahr brook with Tann/Rhön), football players with Borussia Fulda and the federal league association Borussia Dortmund (German master2002) and in the German national team (24 employments/vice-world champion 2002 in Japan/South Korea)
- Fulda in: Meyers encyclopedia 1888-90 (4.Aufl.), Bd.6, S.779.
Web on the left of
|Commons: Fulda - pictures, videos and/or audio files|
- official Internet operational readiness level
- Fuldas of quarters
- Virtual city round course by the Fuldaer city center
- city archives Fulda
- further one left to the topic „Fulda “ in the open directory Project
bath Salzschlirf | Burghaun | Dipperz | Ebersburg | Honour mountain (Rhön) | Oak cell | Pus field | Flieden | Fulda | Gersfeld (Rhön) | Grossenlüder | Hilders | Hofbieber | Trousers field | Hünfeld | Calf oh | Künzell | New yard | Nüsttal | Peter mountain | Poppenhausen (water crest) | Racing village | Tann (Rhön)