Garching with Munich
|of these articles treats the city Garching with Munich. A further place with the name Garching is the municipality Garching to the Alz.|
|Coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Bavaria|
|governmental district:||Upper Bavaria|
|surface:||28.16 km ²|
|inhabitants:||15.336 (30. June 2005)|
|Population density:||548 Einwohner/km ²|
|height:||481 m and. NN|
|postal zip codes:||85748|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 48° 15 ' N, 11° 39 ' O 48° 15 ' N, 11° 39 ' O
|municipality characteristic number:||09184119|
of the city:
| address |
of the city administration:
| Town hall square 3|
85748 Garching b. Munich
Table of contents
the city Garching b.München consists of 4 quarters:
- Garching b.München
- research institutes
- 915 first documentary mention as Gouvirihhinga into thatPossession documents of the monastery Tegernsee.
- 1180 fall Heinrichs of the lion by Barbarossa; Garching becomes duke property of the Wittelsbacher.
- 1255 division of the duchy after death of duke Otto II.; Office for box wreath/ring mountain comes with Garching to Lower Bavaria under duke Heinrich XIII.
- 1957 start-up firstGerman research reactor („Atomei “).
- 14. September 1990 collection to the city.
- 1995 start-up of the extension of the Munich underground - line U6 after Garching Hochbrück.
up to the end of the Second World War was Garching a village with few hundred inhabitants.The strong increase of the number of inhabitants in the last 6 decades is essentially justified by 3 factors:
- Settlement from refugees from the formerly German east areas, in particular Sudeten Germans, after 1945
- settlement of numerous industrial companies in Garching Hochbrück
- development of the research area northeast from Garching with today more than 10000Person employed and student.
The city possesses an underground - station , which at residents of Munich underground - in the quarter Garching Hochbrück net is attached; oneExtension by two stations over the local centre from Garching to the research area in the northeast is in building and presumably becomes to 15. October 2006 opens.
Universities of, professional schools, vocational academies
in the northeast Garchings is a large research center. Beside the first German research reactor („Atomei“, in enterprise 1957 - 2000) as well as the successor FRM-II (in enterprise since 2004) are here the faculties for Maschinenwesen, mathematics, computer science, chemistry and physics of the technical University of Munich (TUM) as well as some chairs of the section physics of the Ludwig Maximilians university (LMU).Both universities operate here together an accelerator laboratory.
In addition in addition the European Southern Observatory ( ESO) comes, the society for lying close and reactor safety (GRS), the institute for whale hot spring eating he for cryogenics (WMI) of the Bavarian academy of the sciences, the walter Schottky institute (WSI) for semiconductor physics, the Bavarian center for applied energy research (ZAE Bavaria), the German research institute for food chemistry, a department of the European fusion development Argeement (EFDA), as well as the European department of the nuclear fusion reactor ITER.
One built until recently at a Kubus for the new supercomputer HLRB 2 of the Leibniz computing centre, which is shifted from the residents of Munich city center to Garching. The removal should be final in May 2006.
coat of arms
the coat of arms Garchings was provided 1967 and is split. The upper half stands for the “historical” Garching with two green Kiefern, which symbolize the Garchinger heath, as well as a red wheel, thatwhen symbol for the holy Katharina, which stands for Patronin of the old Garchinger church. In the lower half of the coat of arms the Atomei , that stands as the first mechanism on the Garchinger research area was based for the “modern” Garching.
partnerships between cities
Web on the left of
- http://www.garching.de/ - official Site.
Aschheim | Aying | Baierbrunn | Brunnthal | Field churches | Garching with Munich | Gräfelfing | Grasbrunn | Green forest | Hair | Hohenbrunn | Höhenkirchen Siegertsbrunn | Ismaning | Kirchheimwith Munich | Neubiberg | Neuried | Upperhook-hung | Oberschleissheim | Ottobrunn | Planegg | Pullach in the Isartal | Putzbrunn | Sour-laugh | Schäftlarn | Strasslach Dingharting | Baptizing churches | Unterföhring | Unterhaching | Unterschleissheim