as an area one calls oneself
- one spatially (usually) connected surface or an area of the earth's surface,
- a regional delimitation with the selling and/or. Sales (area representative office).
- a containment within a larger technical or coherent topics
- in the topology an open, coherent subset a topological area,
origin and history
the today's meaning of the term area lead themselves from the verb “order” off, on old high German gibiotan (biotan = offer). An area was therefore the range, over thatitself the command authority, which extended issued requirements or the jurisdiction.
|Wiktionary: Area - word origin, synonyms and translations|
- Exklave, enclave, landscape, region, territory
- district, catchment area, district, administrative arrangement
- specialist, master, territorial claim, Sector.
|This side is a term clarifying for the distinction of several terms named the same word.|