Usually however a municipality has a higher level of organization. In earlier times by it a personnel body was to be understood. To the municipality a person belonged, where alsoalways it straight resided. Therefore head numbers of a municipality are not comparable approximately 1800 ago with the today's numbers of inhabitants.
To table of contents
kinds of municipality
municipality today one uses:
- as general designationfor locality, city, greater or village.
- for the lowest administrative unit (regional administrative body) of a state (for Germany see also for this kinds of municipality in Germany) or the whole of their inhabitants.
- in Switzerland as general name for thoselowest political organizational level contrary to confederation, canton and district. One speaks then of the political municipality (also Munizipalgemeinde, inhabitant municipality). Besides still isolate civil municipalities exist as carriers of the Dorfgerechtigkeiten. They become also local municipalities, local citizen municipalities and/or. Citizen municipalities or Korporationen mentioned. The school municipalities and Kirchgemeinden fulfill special purposes and have an influence circle, not however over a territory. In earlier times the arm municipalities were separate from the political municipalities.
See also: Municipalities of Switzerland
- in Austria as designationfor the smallest political and also administrative unit. Legally one is on an equal footing small of the large municipality (principle of the abstract unit municipality). Excluded from it are only the cities with own statute (Statutarstädte). Apart from the nationality only the domicile is in a certainMunicipality considerably for the right to vote. There are also combinations of several political municipalities to Zweckverbänden, which are then designated partly also than municipality, for example a school municipality.
See also: Municipality (Austria)
- as name for the inhabitant shank of a locally limited area, thatno political administrative unit corresponds directly, in particular in its organization form as society or association (example: Quarter municipalities in Marburg)
- as name for a locally active religious community as for example the Christian church as church municipality, Kirchgemeinde or the whole of their members.
- asName for the trailer shank of an artist (municipality of the poet).
|Wiktionary: Municipality - word origin, synonyms and translations|
- municipality (France)
- municipality (Austria)
- municipality (Sweden)
- municipalities of Switzerland
- purpose municipality
- Gemeindeordnungen in Germany
- local family album
- municipality dualism
- George weber, Renate weber (Hrsg.): Entrances to the municipality. Böhlau, Cologne 2000, ISBN 3-412-05798-3
- Hofmann/Muth/Theisen, local legislation in North-Rhine/Westphalia, 12. Edition, 2004, 567 sides, publishing house Bernhard jokes. ISBN 3-933870-47-X
- Hamann Philipp: Municipality regional reorganization in Bavaria - history of the development, balance and perspectives, Utz publishing house,Munich 2005, ISBN 3-8316-0528-9