the municipality number (also code NR., GEOSTAT NR. or BFS NR. ) a number assigned from the Swiss Federal Office for statistics with the official municipality listing in the year 1986, which serves the biunique designation of territorial units in the catchment area of Switzerland, is mentioned. The counterpart in Germany and Austria calls itself municipality keys.
Usually this is the political municipalities, it can itself however also around areas under purely kantonaler sovereignty (v.a. Lakes) or all the Kommunanzen mentioned (common sovereignty rights of several municipalities) act (S. down).
Purely statistic purposes also the municipalities of the principality Liechtenstein became, as well as places in Germany (Konstanz south the sea-Rhine and the enclave le singing ) and Italy (enclave Campione ) numbers unite assigned. The assignment of such numbers does not justify a requirement for possession.
Table of contents
the allocation of numbers takes place after enumerating the cantons in article 1 of the Federal Constitution, within the cantons after districts and further alphabetically after municipality names. Municipalities of cantons without districts were sequentially durchnummeriert. The municipality number consists of a number of to four numbers.
Exceptions of the rule point on later changes (after 1986).
The municipality number is used not only as key for all statistic evaluations, but also for many further applications, e.g. in road construction for the bridge designations.
it were assigned the following canton numbers:
- 1 Zurich | 2 Berne | 3 Luzern | 4 Uri | 5 Schwyz | 6,1 Obwalden | 6,2 Nidwalden | 7 Glarus | 8 course | 9 Freiburg /Fribourg | 10 Solothurn | 11,1 Basel city | 11,2 Basel landscape | 12 work living | 13,1 Appenzell Ausserrhoden | 13,2 Appenzell Innerrhoden | 14 sank Gallen | 15 grey federations /Grigioni | 16 Aargau | 17 Thurgau | 18 Ticino | 19 Vaud | 20 whale-read /Valais | 21 Neuchâtel | 22 Genève | 23 law
- attention, in other statistics of the BfS appear the following canton numbers (with half cantons, which whole numbers have): 1 Zurich | 2 Berne | 3 Luzern | 4 Uri | 5 Schwyz | 6 Obwalden | 7 Nidwalden | 8 Glarus | 9 course | 10 Freiburg/Fribourg | 11 Solothurn | 12 Basel city | 13 Basel landscape | 14 work living | 15 Appenzell Ausserrhoden | 16 Appenzell Innerrhoden |17 sank Gallen | 18 Graubünden/Grigioni | 19 Aargau | 20 Thurgau | 21 Tessin/Ticino | 22 Waadt/Vaud | 23 Wallis/Valais | 24 Neuenburg/Neuchâtel | 25 Geneva/Genève | 26 law
the cantons kept the following municipality numbering ranges assigned:
- Canton Zurich: 0001-0261 | Canton Berne: 0301-0996 | Canton Luzern: 1001-1150 | Canton Uri: 1201-1220 | Canton Schwyz: 1301-1375 | Canton Obwalden: 1401-1407 | Canton Nidwalden: 1501-1511 | Canton Glarus: 1601-1629 | Canton course: 1701-1711 | Canton Freiburg: 2001-2336 | Canton Solothurn: 2401-2622 | Canton Basel city: 2701-2703 | Canton Basel landscape: 2761-2895 | Canton work living: 2901-2974 | Canton Appenzell Ausserrhoden: 3001-3038 | Canton Appenzell Innerrhoden: 3101-3111 | Canton pc. Gallen: 3201-3444 | Canton grey federations: 3501-3987 | Canton Aargau: 4001-4323 | Canton Thurgau: 4401-4951 | Canton Tessin: 5001-5322 | Canton Waadt: 5401-5939 | Canton whale-read: 6001-6300 | Canton new castle: 6401-6511 | Canton Geneva: 6601-6645 | Canton law: 6701-6806
- district Affoltern: BFS NR. 0001 to 0014
- district Andelfingen: BFS NR. 0021 to 0044
list of the BFS NR after municipalities
an external left for the list of the municipality numbers of the most important municipalities and localities of Switzerland is under: Wikipedia: WikiProjekt Switzerland/municipality number put down.
between districts and cantons were left free ranges, which permit a certain flexibility for changes.
In accordance with Federal Office for statistics the special fields listed down are part of the BFS Nummerierungssystems, although it does not concern with these areas municipalities. The numbers of these areas serve for it, together with the kantonalen sea-portions the complete, i.e. complete surface of Switzerland in statistics, geographical information systems u.dgl. to raise and/or. to represent.
- Kommunanzen, i.e. Areas, which can be subordinate to the sovereignty of several municipalities or not be assigned (by the majority uninhabited) community areas those clearly an individual municipality:
- Kommunanz Medeglia Cadenazzo (BFS NR.: 5391; to 31. December 2003: 5020) (until March 2005: Kommunanz Medeglia Robasacco in the Distretto di Bellinzona, Kanton Tessin
- Kommunanz Bidogno Capriasca Corticiasca (BFS NR.: 5392) in the Distretto di Lugano, Kanton Tessin (to 31. December 2003: Kommunanz Sala Capriasca Bidogno (BFS NR. 5236))
- Kommunanz Capriasca Lugaggia (BFS NR.: 5393) in the Distretto di Lugano, Kanton Tessin (to 31. December 2003: Kommunanz Sala Capriasca Vaglio (BFS NR. 5237))
- Kommunanz Corticiasca Valcolla (BFS NR.: 5394; to 31. December 2003: 5238) in the Distretto di Lugano, Kanton Tessin
- Kommunanz Reckingen Gluringen/county (BFS NR.: 6391) in the district Goms, canton whale-read (to 31. December 2003: Kommunanz Gluringen Ritzingen (BFS NR.: 6072))
- Areas outside of the political municipalities of Switzerland. It concerns
- an individual land area in the sea-district of the canton Freiburg, the state State of Galm (BFS NR.: 2391; to 31. December 2003: 2285), as well as around
- sea-areas, i.e. public waters which the sovereignty one or several cantons are subordinate directly. The 22 lakes, which are not assigned to districts, cantons or municipalities, occupy pseudo municipality numbers between 9040 and 9757:
- Seizing lake (BFS NR.: 9040)
- Zurich lake (BFS NR.: 9050)
- Thunersee (BFS NR.: 9073)
- Brienzersee (BFS NR.: 9089)
- Bielersee /Lac de Bienne (BFS NR.: 9148)
- New citizen lake /Lac de Neuchâtel (BFS NR.: 9151)
- Baldeggersee (BFS NR.: 9157)
- Sempachersee (BFS NR.: 9163)
- Hallwilersee (BFS NR.: 9172)
- Zugersee (BFS NR.: 9175)
- Vierwaldstättersee (BFS NR.: 9179)
- Sihlsee (BFS NR.: 9216)
- Sarnersee (BFS NR.: 9239)
- Whale lake (BFS NR.: 9267)
- Aegerisee (BFS NR.: 9270)
- Lac de la Gruyère /Greyerzersee (BFS NR.: 9276)
- Murtensee (BFS NR.: 9294)
- Bodensee (BFS NR.: 9326)
- Lago di Lugano (BFS NR.: 9710)
- Lago Maggiore (BFS NR.: 9711)
- Lac de Joux (BFS NR.: 9751)
- Lac Léman (BFS NR.: 9757)
- Foreign areas, which kept assigned in GEO ACT Swiss a municipality number:
- the German city Konstanz (BFS NR.: 7111),
- the German enclave le singing (BFS NR.: 7101),
- the Italian enclave Campione (BFS NR.: 7301 for the land part and 7302 for the sea-part),
- the municipalities Principality of Liechtenstein: Vaduz (BFS NR.: 7001), Triesen (BFS NR.: 7002), Balzers (BFS NR.: 7003), Triesenberg (BFS NR.: 7004), Schaan (BFS NR.: 7005), planks (BFS NR.: 7006), ashes (BFS NR.: 7007), Mauren (BFS NR.: 7008), Gamprin (BFS NR.: 7009), Ruggell (BFS NR.: 7010), clip mountain (BFS NR.: 7011).