|of these articles is occupied with the market Glonn in Bavaria. Further see under Glonn (term clarifying).|
|Coat of arms||map|
assistance to coat of arms
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Bavaria|
|governmental district:||Upper Bavaria|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 47° 59 ' N, 11° 52 ' O 47° 59 ' N, 11° 52 ' O
|height:||535.8 m and. NN|
|surface:||30.24 km ²|
|inhabitants:||4.341 (30. June 2005)|
|Population density:||147 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip codes:||85625|
|municipality key:||09 1 75 121|
of the administration:
| Market place 1|
|mayor:||Martin Esterl (SPD/COMMA)|
Glonn is a market in the Upper Bavarian district Ebersberg and seat of the central administrative body of the same name.
Table of contents
Flowing waters Glonn, copper brook and Schrannenbach have their sources in the Glonner Gemeindegebiet. The box lake belonged likewise to the local area, directly adjacent in the neighbour municipality MOO special is the stone lake. On the municipality corridor are three landscape protection areas.
The landschaftlich beautiful environment loads for moving and wheel driving in. At one of the lakes or in the hotels and beer gardens one can do itself afterwards erfrischen.
defiance of the calm situation is it not far, only approx. 30 kilometers, into the large city Munich with all their offers. The binding is ensured with several Buslinien. Also the city rose home does not lie far, likewise about 30 kilometers.
an earlyhistorical settling is by a number from finds the Jungsteinzeit, among other things a living pit as well as weapons and decoration, proven. The name of the place is derived from the celtic designation of the river “Glana” - the clear one -.
In 16. Century colored itself the name over “Glon” to the today's “Glonn”.
1632 were almost completely down-burned Glonn of Sweden in the dreissigjährigen war, only few houses to have this inferno was projected. The reconstruction dragged on for a long time, only 1823 the new church was finished and geweiht.
The place Glonn changed itself of one agriculturally, with little handicraft coined/shaped village into a modern small center with handicraft and trade for the surrounding municipalities. The agriculture decreased/went back strongly.
After that 2. World war Glonn determined by settling with refugee of homeland, Ausgebombten and evacuated, which finally placed more than one third of the population. An extensive building activity began. 1959 were not necessary the introduction of street names, the house numbers assigned so far were not sufficient.
In the year 1974 the 1200-jährige existence of the place Glonn was celebrated.
The Täufer as a church patron points on a earlyChristian baptizing church. Already 1600 ago a gothical church is in the middle in the village, the today's vestry is still another remainder of this place of worship, which was replaced starting from 1768 by a new building (that only 1823 was finished and geweiht).
in the municipality the following parties with their own local federation are active:
- free voters
- local-political working group (COMMA), which forms a common list with the SPD with elections.
coat of arms
the coat of arms of the market municipality Glonn shows natural Forelle swimming right in silver a black Mühlrad, superelevated from one.
Mühlrad and Forelle refer to the characteristics most standing out from the landschaftlichen and economic criterion:
- the large water wealth of the Glonntals (Glonn, copper brook, Schrannenbach) and its side valleys.
- the Glonntaler mill handicraft, which is present today only more in four partially shut down mills, but formerly with seven mills an important restaurant factor beyond the local borders was.
The Mühlrad can be considered as joint symbol of agriculture and handicraft, which Glonn always coined/shaped the municipality.
partnerships between cities
culture and objects of interest
- annually in the autumn: Theatre meeting of the Trachtenvereins Glonn, in the new landlord hall
- local history museum Glonn (monastery way 7)
- lock tin mountain
- parish church pc. Johann Baptist
- annual exhibition of the photo friends Glonn, monastery way 7
leisure and sports sites
- indoor swimming pool in Glonn, monastery way of 10
- sports fields
- school sports field, brothers and sisters Scholl road
- basketball field, brothers and sisters Scholl road
- football pitch brothers and sisters Scholl road
- football pitch Wiesmühlstrasse
- football pitch Moosacher road
- ASV football field Adling
- ASV tennis court, Mattenhofener road
- of children's playgrounds
- playground post office meadow
- playground Bialasstrasse
- market day (since 1901, four times in the year: Third Sunday in the chamfering time, Sunday before Whitsuntide, first Sunday in August, first Sunday in October)
- farmer market (from May to Octobers each second Saturday in the month)
- Christkindlmarkt (2. Adventssonntag)
- Night flea market of the association of “children, youth and family” (Saturday in the middle of July)
- Fun Weekend with Mountainbike, Inlineskating and Streetbasketball tournament of the winter sports association (weekend in the middle of July)
- village celebration Glonn, organizer are common the large Glonner of associations (since 1992, Friday until Monday on the first weekend in the Bavarian summer holidays)
economics and infrastructure
resident larger enterprises
- bus journeys Ettenhuber GmbH, at the Hochrain 2
- Glonntaler meat and Wurstwaren GmbH, felt 7
- Hans Brunner GmbH & cost. Kg, Hans Brunner STR. 1, (chocolate forms)
- gentleman man Mr. land workshops, gentleman man Mr. 7, (handmade food in ecological quality)
Glonn is seat of the local administration and the central administrative body Glonn.
The Ebersberger of notaries holds usually monthly ever one office day in the Glonner city hall off (dates during the local administration).
The general local health insurance company offers consultation in the city hall monthly.
- elementary school (reason and hauptschule) Glonn, monastery way 10
- school of music/people's highschool Grafing/Ebersberg, monastery way 7
- girl boarding school in the monastery of the “good Hirtinnen”, lock tin mountain
- municipality library Glonn, Wolfgang daring first race 13
- citizen hall, Lena Christian STR.
- Pfarrkindergarten, Wolfgang daring he STR. 15
- AWO - Kindergarten, tin mountain No. 7
- KiJuFa kindergarten, Niedermairstr. 12
- kindergarten of the gentleman man Mr. land workshops, gentleman man Mr. No. 7
- child stronghold and midday support Glonn, Niedermaierstr. 12/Klosterweg 5+7
- Caritas - senior home “Marienheim”, Rotter STR. 10
of sons and daughters of the place
- Lena Christian (* 30. October 1881, † 30. June 1920), authoress
- Professor. Dr. Max Leb (* 11. September 1886, † 22. September 1957), physician/medical advice, pioneer of the heart surgery, founder and the Chefarzt of the Maria Theresia hospital in Munich
- Karl vest (* 22. February 1898, † 22. December 1951), pilot, distance world record 1921 in the Segelflug at 5 kilometers, first 360°-Kreisflug without Höhenverlust with a glider 1921, last general staff boss of Luftwaffe in 2. World war of November 1944 to end of war 1945
- Wolfgang vest (* 6. November 1904, † 28. April 1974), teachers, writers and poet
- George Lanzenberger, painter
- Michael and Johann Beham, artist & restorers
other one well-known citizens
- Franz Kaltner (* 8. May 1721, † 9. September 1766), priests and composer
- Gerda Bialas (* 1906, † 1995), singer
- Professor. Günter Bialas (* 1907, † 1995), composer
- Susanne easthope (* 1962, archaeologist, those were kidnapped in November 2005 in the Iraq and held for 3 weeks as hostages (had its well-known German domicile last up to the kidnapping until May 2005 in Glonn)
- hairdresser Georg Empl (won the price “salon of the yearly 2005” for the second time)
- book of pictures “Glonn in the change of the time”, 1. Edition 1988, violonist publishing house Horb at the Neckar, ISBN 3-89264-286-9
- Maria Sedlmair (Hrsg.): “Glonn - my homeland”, 1. Edition 1991, self publishing house: Maria Sedlmair, Senderstr. 30, 85737 Ismaning
- Hans Obermair: “Glonner history and stories”, 1. Edition 1999, publisher in the self publishing house: CSU Glonn, Grottenweg 5, 85625 Glonn
Web on the left of
- http://www.glonn.de/ central administrative body Glonn (with Baiern, bridge, Egmating, MOO special and Oberpframmern)
- Glonn: Coat of arms history of the HdBG
- overview of the authorities
Anzing | Assling | Baiern | Bridge | Ebersberg | Egmating | Emmering | Forstinning | Frauenneuharting | Glonn | Grafing with Munich | High lime trees | Kirchseeon | Market Swabia | MOO special | Oberpframmern | Pliening | Poing | Steinhöring | Vaterstetten | Anger thing