the governor (from the French; English. Governor, splinter Gobernador, soot. Губернатор (gubernator) dt. Regent) is the director/conductor of a civilian or military range, which refers to a more or less limited area.
There are e.g. civilian governors.
- in the Federal States of the USA(where it the Austrian national captains and/or. correspond to the German Prime Minister or Swiss Landammännern), see. Governor (United States)
- in Russia, see. Governor (Russia)
- in the Federal States of Brazil
- in the Argentine provinces
- in the prefectures of Japan
- in the Federal States of Mexico
- in those member countries of the Commonwealth OFNation, in which head of state is the British queen, with exception of the united kingdom the queen is represented by a governor general. (The representative of the British crown, thus the government of the united kingdom is however a High Commissioner.)
- into the Turkish province as province leaders.
Governor is also the French translation for national captain.
Furthermore governor also the boss (president) of an issuing bank is called.