Guðrun Sólja Jacobsen
Guðrun Sólja Jacobsen (* 11. July 1982 grown up in Tórshavn, in Tvøroyri/Färöer, usually only Guðrun or in Denmark Gudrun) is a successful färöische singer (being correct situation alto), who lives and works today in Denmark. To 4. April 2003 became it Siegerin of the important Danish TV-Talentwettbewerbs Stjerne for EN aften (“star for one evening”).
Guðrun [ˈguːɹʊn] is the daughter of Gitte and Ási Jacobsen from Tvøroyri on Suðuroy. Its second name Sólja is the färöische name for the national flower, the Sumpfdotterblume (Caltha palustris) - a frequent name for färöische girls. Their older brother is called Eyðun Ásason and likewise in music, although so far only than amateur into action went.
Their musical baptism describes it as the experience of Alanis Morissettes superhit Ironic 1995. There is a life for it in front of it and one thereafter. Up to then it had already six years piano instruction. Guðrun arose more frequently on school meetings such as closing ceremonies, and sang also in a local Gospelchor, to the Suðuroyar Gospel Choir.
She was discovered 2002 of an attentive Danish listener on a school ball in Hvalba. He suggested it, for the transmission Stjerne for to EN aften himself (“star for one evening”) to apply. Guðrun did not know the transmission at all. It told this surprising unjustified demand at school, and on pressure of its teachers and schoolmates at the High School of Suðuroy it had to apply for this Songwettbewerb in far Denmark. Surprising for it completely, it was then asked in the summer to the Casting to Copenhagen. It writes for this:
- I announced myself, in order to look, how I stand in the comparison with other singers. I loved (and it loves) it to sing and had to rausfinden whether I am used somehow in the music industry!
- On an early August morning I arrived then together with many other strained humans in the park Café! I was nervous to make curiously and briefly before it me into the trousers when I should stand and sing before the jury. It was shown that it should mean my whole coming life! Briefly after I sang, I got answer that I am also in the program! I spread the message fast in the entire family and friend circle! I was overjoyed: O)
It spoke two songs of Céline Dion in the Casting : I Surrender and Nature Boy from the album A new Day Has Come. Afterwards it came into the closer selection and was asked, alternatively songs on English, German, to speak French and färöisch in order to prove, what can do it. A half year should wait it on the Färöern and look at itself the first four transmissions on the television, until then the actual TV-competition for it in the 5. Transmission 2003 loose-went:
- After we had sung all, we stood thus there and waited for our positions! I through-felt all possible feelings, which one cannot describe! That was one of my largest moments at all! I should further in the semi-final… I should further. I was well enough!!???!!
First then a tour with three followed other candidates by Denmark. In the semi-final them were then again under the three best ones and could itself like that for the final to 4. April qualify in that six further artists to participate should. It passed for it the completely unexpected:
- I thought that they would have earned all the first place! But my name was called now as number unity!!! I have Stjerne for EN aften won! The people has been correct for me… for me! I, which I come from the small country. I was so lucky…
This honor fell directly together with Guðruns graduation, and it did not know up to then yet, what is to study it. The receipt on the Färöern was triumphal. Thousands expected it at the airport Vágar and in the state capital Tórshavn. At the 11. August 2003 appeared then its debut album Quiet Storm, which brought it into Denmark in the meantime two golden records. All titles on the album are in English. There are at these CD also criticism, there many means, the Songs would be not with dignity cut it. The new album Wake UP, which appears in January 2005, could possibly set a new standard in their work. Also it follows the demand of its fans after a song in their native language here.
- 11. August 2003: Quiet Storm
- 31. January 2005: Wake UP (contains among other things at the end a piece in färöischer language and at the beginning of Imagine of John Lennon)
Web on the left of
|NAME||Jacobsen, Guðrun Sólja|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||färöische singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||11. July 1982|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tórshavn|