House of Bavarian history
the house of Bavarian history was called 1983 as authority of the Free State of Bavaria in the life and has since September 1993 its firm seat in Augsburg. To 6. October 1998 was integrated it into the Bavarian Department of State for science, research and art. Acronym: HdBG
the tasks of the house of Bavarian history are above all:
- the historical and cultural variety Bayerns all social classes, above all the recent generation to make in all regions accessible
- the nationalness Bayerns and represent the historical conciousness promote the development from state and society to the present in the historical -
- political - cultural framework and maintain and by it the historical inheritance for the future of the Free State of Bavaria fruitful in the German and European framework to make.
These tasks are to be carried out particularly by mobile exhibitions in all regions, by historical lectures, by publications and film documentations.
Further comprehensive picture archives are to be put on to Bavarian history. It is as publicly accessible reference archives sources of picture to Bavarian national history to gather and for the historical research be available. Picture archives cover at present about 270,000 materials: Photographies, negatives, slides, Videofilme, historical postcards (conditions: 2006). Picture archives show selected existence in an on-line graphic data bank, in which also cutouts of time witness video films are callable.
- publications for the Bavarian history and culture
- of booklets to Bavarian history and culture
- Bavarian corridor name book
- of workpieces to Bavarian history and culture
- a time witness
- of colloquium reports, didactical handbooks, excursion ion sheets, clay/tone carriers, board and computer games as well as youth and Kinderbücher