Heinrich of Kleist
Bernd Heinrich William of Kleist (* 18. October, after Kleists own specifications 10. October 1777 in Frankfurt (or); † 21. November 1811 in Berlin when lake by Suizid) was a Prussian dramatist, storyteller, poet and journalist.
table of contents
Kleist came oneself from an old, originally aristocracy family originating from Pommern, for a long time already into several lineshad split up. Admits was the kinship of the Kleists since that 17. Century for their military tradition; to alone 44 of Kleists a general rank, dressed today. A large uncle Kleists, Ewald Christian von Kleist, was a soldier, in addition, poet and a friend Lessings. A further more far away related was that early the deceased and today forgotten writers Franz Alexander of Kleist (1769-1797).
Kleists father, Joachim Friedrich of Kleist, served Frankfurt as a staff captain at the infantry regiment in the garrison town (or). From a first marriagewith Caroline Luise geb. from Wulffen the two (half) sisters Kleists, Wilhelmine, called Minette, came out and Ulrike Philippine, which Kleist later very close. Joachim Friedrich married 1775 in second marriage Juliane Ulrike geb. of Pannwitz, those the children Friederike,Augusts Katharina, Heinrich and finally still its younger brothers and sisters Leopold Friedrich and Juliane, called Julchen, bore.
training and military time
after the death of its father „Bubu “of Kleist 1788it was sent into Erziehungsinstitut to Berlin. In June 1792 the young Kleist occurred faithfully its family tradition the guard regiment to potsdam and participated among other things in the Rhine campaign against France . Beginning of 1795 Kleist doubts about its camemilitary activity. It remained however in the military, and to 1795 to the wo1 and 1797 to the second lieutenant was carried. Privately however Kleist as well as its friend Rühle of lily star took up mathematical and philosophical studies to potsdam and acquired themselves the university entrance.
In March 1799 he expressed the intention, that became as intolerablly felt military service to give up and its life plan, also against the resistance of the family, not on wealth, which can be expected, honours, of basing but on the training of the spirit and a scientificTo take up study.
study and first employment
after its requested dismissal from the military began Kleist in April 1799 in Frankfurt at the or at the Viadrina mathematics as speciality and physics, Culture history to study coming ral sciences latin and - to the calming of its relatives -. Particularly Kleist was interested in physics instruction with professor Christian Ernst wishes, who gave him also private instruction in experimental physics. Like not few other authors of the time(for example Goethe, Achim von Arnim or Novalis) the natural sciences in the sense of the clearing-up were an objective means, itself, to recognize the society and the world - and to improve for it. The scientific training hopeful begun was ableTo satisfy Kleist however already soon any longer fully; the book knowledge was not sufficient it. With this attitude Kleist found little understanding in its environment. 1799 he became acquainted with the general daughter Wilhelmine of Zenge, with which he itself already beginning1800 got engaged.
1800 it broke the study off after only three terms again and began an activity as an unsalaried employee in the Prussian Ministry of Economic Affairs in Berlin, although this did not correspond to its understanding of a life plan of free spirit formation. Background of the decision was its engagement.The family of the bride demanded that Kleist a public office dressed. For the Ministry Kleist was in the summer 1800 in secret mission - supposed as a restaurant economics - on the way.
The vocational, social and individual problem (the life is a heavy play…because one is to pull a map steadily and always again and nevertheless does not know, what play the trump card is; - Letter to the half sister Ulrike of 5. February 1801) probably consolidated itself before the background of the reading of Kant's criticismthe judgement to the Kant crisis so mentioned. Kant's criticism at all too simplistischen conceptions of the clearing-up destroyed Kleists straight-line, purely reason-based life plan over night. In a letter at Wilhelmine of 22. March 1801 described Kleist it in such a way: We cannot decide,whether which we call truth, truth is truthful or whether it seems only in such a way to us (...) my only, my most ambitious goal is sunk, I has now none more - this life crisis Kleist sought to escape by a journey.
After other one,rather convincing representation appointed itself Kleist to a crisis released by the Kant reading, in order to give to a life phase coined/shaped by hesitating, failure and wrong decisions a philosophical justification. Above all however prescription ion history is responsible for the myth of the Kant crisis.Because it feeds the conception of the possibility of a fundamental mental transformation of humans qua occupation with philosophy, which was again and again gladly sworn to with reference to Kleists Kant crisis and becomes. Without the possibility of such a mental transformation in principle inQuestion to place, must be answered in the negative however at least for Kleist an appropriate transformation. The letters, which it before that 22. March 1801 wrote, shows clearly that a process of the mental transformation independent of Kant's writings had taken place.
Paris and Thun (Switzerland)
in the spring 1801 traveled it together with its sister Ulrike over Dresden to Paris. But in view of of it as customless felt capital the works of the French clearing-up (Helvétius seemed to it, Voltaire to cause Jean Jacques Rousseau) by the reality irrational for it the opposite of their intention (letter at Wilhelmine of 15. August 1801). Again Kleist processed its disappointing experiences as doubt about the clarity of the reason and the historicalWools. By Rousseau he saw himself lively to lead a rural life to cultivate a field a tree to plant, and a child to witness (letter of 10. October 1801 at Wilhelmine).
Starting from April 1802 he lived on an islandin the Aare with Thun in Switzerland. It came to the break with Wilhelmine, which did not want to live after its conceptions as a farmer's wife with it together. He worked now to already in Paris under the title the family Ghonorez , far at his tragedy Robert Guiskard duke of the Normänner wrote and began tragedy begun the family Schroffenstein with the comedy the zerbrochne jug.
In the spring 1803 Kleist traveled to Germany. In Dresden he learns among other things Friedrich dela moth Fouqué know and met its youth friend Ernst von Pfuel again. Together with of Pfuel Kleist travels again to Paris. There it burned the finished parts of the Guiskard in deep despair not to be able to realize its conceptions. ThatSky malfunctions the fame, the largest of the goods of the earth to me! it writes 26. October 1803 at Ulrike. Kleist seized the resolution to die in the French army against England to fight for death in the battle,however by an acquaintance one persuaded to return to potsdam. In December 1803 Kleist returned to Germany and requested in Berlin an employment in the diplomatic service.
after a short activity in of Karl baron ofStone to the old person stone led financial department (in the middle of 1804) he worked starting from that 6. May 1805 on its recommendation as Diätar (civil servant in the period of instruction without firm salary) in king mountain and should itself with the state and restaurant theoretician Christian Jacob Kraus inKameralistik to train leave. In king mountain it met among other things in the meantime the Wilhelmine married with philosophy professor Wilhelm trusting God cook again. Kleist completed the Zerbrochnen jug and worked on the comedy Amphitryon, the tragedy Penthesilea and on the narrations Michael Kohlhaas and the earthquake in Chili.
In August 1806 Kleist communicated its intention to its friend of lily star of separating from the government service in order to nourish itself now by dramatic work. On the way to Berlin Kleist becameand its companion in January 1807 arrested of the French authorities as alleged feeler gauges and first into the away de Joux with Besançon and then into the prisoner-of-war camp Châlons sur Marne transports. There it probably wrote the novella the Marquise of O…and continued to work to the Penthesilea.
after its release it travels over Berlin to Dresden (starting from at the end of of August 1807), where it among other things Schillers friend Christian Gottfried of grains,the romantics Ludwig Tieck, God-help Heinrich of thrust ore, Caspar David Friedrich and above all the state and historical philosopher Adam Mueller and the historian Friedrich Christoph Dahlmann to know learned. Together with Mueller Kleist gave the journal starting from January 1808for the art (so the sub-title) Phöbus out. The first booklet with the contribution fragment from the tragedy: It sent among other things Goethe , who stated its surprise and its lack of understanding in a letter in reply, its nearly unconcealed disapproving to Penthesilea.
In December 1808 Kleist under the impression of the Spanish collection against Napoleon, the occupation of Prussia and the beginnings of the Austrian liberty fight completed the drama the Hermannsschlacht.
In hope for an increasing resistance against Napoleon it traveled togetherwith Dahlmann over Aspern, where Napoleon was defeated some days before, to 21. /22. May 1809 to Prague. Here Kleist and Dahlmann got entrance to Austrian-patriotic circles and planned to publish a weekly paper with the title Germania. It should an organ„the German liberty “become. Because of the surrender of Austria the project remained unrealized.
In this magazine its political writings in such a way specified which should apply it in this war?, Katechismus of the Germans drawn up after the Spanish, to the use for children andOld ones, the text book of the French journalism, satires and the desert Germania to their children appear.
In November it arrived again at Frankfurt (or), in order to drive one month later again to Berlin, where it itself with oneshort interruption up to his death stopped.
in Berlin closed Kleist acquaintance among other things with Achim of Arnim, Clemens Brentano, Joseph of Eichendorff, William Grimm, Karl August Varnhagen of Ense and Rahel Varnhagen. Into this circles Kleist was also member of the Christian-German Tischgesellschaft. In April 1810 appeared the first volume with its narrations (Michael Kohlhaas, the Marquise of O…, the earthquake in Chili) and inSeptember the Käthchen of Heilbronn, whose performance Iffland rejected as a director of the citizens of Berlin stage.
The Phöbus started Kleist starting from that 1 as soon as the adjustment has been completed. October 1810 a new newspaper project: the citizens of Berlin of evening papers. It was an appearing daily newspaper sheetwith local messages, when its purpose the maintenance of all conditions of the people and the transport of the national thing was indicated. As authors here as prominent ones wrote as Ernst Moritz Arndt, Ludwig Achim of Arnim, Clemens Brentano, Adelbert of Chamisso, Rühle by lily star, Friedrich Karl von Savigny and Friedrich August von Staegemann. Kleist left among other things its papers prayer of the Zoroaster, views over the world run, letter of a painter to its son, all-newest educating planand particularly over the puppet theatre in the evening papers appear. As characteristic and public magnet its publication of current police reports proved.
in the spring 1811 had to be adjusted the publication of the newspaper because of intensified censorship regulations.When its attempt failed to attain an employment in the Prussian administration and also its 1809 play begun prince from Homburg to 1814 with a performance prohibition by Friedrich William III., Kleist was occupied had to write some narrations within short time,in order to procure itself means to living costs. From this its second volumes with narrations, that developed among other things the begging woman of Locarno and the engagement in pc. Domingo contains.
Almost without means and internally so wund that me, I would like nearlysay, if I put the nose from the window, the daylight sore does, to me on it gleams (letter at Marie of Kleist of 10. ), The thoughts to a free death over hand took November 1811. It looked for and found a companion forthis way, the Henriette bird gotten sick with cancer. With their agreement Kleist shot to 21. November 1811 at the small when lake in the southwest of Berlin its companion and itself.
the last word at Ulrike
I cannot die, withoutme, contently and cheerfully, as I are, with the whole world, and thus also, before all different one, my most expensive Ulrike with you to have reconciled. Leave it me, the strict expression, which is contained in the letter to the Kleisten,let it me take back; really, you did legend at me, I not, what in forces of a sister, but in forces of humans, in order to save me: the truth is that on ground connection was not to be helped me. Andnow probably live; you the sky may give a death, only half at joy and inexpressible amusement the meinigen directly: that is the most cordial and most intimate desire, which I know to apply for you.
Kleists whole life was fulfilled by restless striving for ideal and deceitful luck, and this reflects itself in its work. Can spirit historical be arranged Heinrich of Kleist however only with difficulty: neither into the circle of the romantic theory still inauthor and work let themselves the classical discourse be integrated easily. It is here referred to Kleists short writing over the puppet theatre. The early bran sp research always read this text as more or less theoretical paper Kleists andtried to interpret the same in the sense of the aesthetic pro grammar of the romantic discourse. Newer attempts of the interpretation - in particular those, which rise from a dekonstruktivistischen interest - stress that against the subversive Potenzial of the text and see the central content in the spielerisch ironicalDisassembly of the contemporary aesthetic-ideal-philosophical discourse. Just as one tries to arrange Kleist in the tides of the romance also an affinity between the dramas becomes Kleists and the classical seal stresses. This allocation is based then on the material choice, because adapts several timesKleist of antique mythologische contents, which a characteristic of classical aesthetics is actually, and adheres with its treatment to the classical structure of drama, as at all writing dramas marks rather a classical author a romantic. However classical become at the same time in Kleists „“Dramas the classical style principles to a considerable degree hurts, as already the material choice occupies: No more the general-human, civilizing, classical befriedete element antique seal, but the special, extremes and cruel one move into the foreground.
Its first tragedy the family Schroffenstein became alreadymentioned. Its second tragedy Penthesilea 1808, is inspired by three antique tragedies of the Euripides (Medea, Hippolytos and the Bakchen). It acts of martial recruiting and its failure of the Amazonenkönigin Penthesilea around the Greek war hero Achilles upa battleground before Troja. Because of the stylistic high language, which was not representable war scenes and that at that time the antique tragedy shared cruelty the piece to Kleists lifetimes no success granted. More successfully than these two at that time its romantic play was thatKäthchen of Heilbronn, or the ordeal by fire 1808, a poetic drama fully of medieval driving and mysteries, which retained its popularity.
In the comedy subject Kleist made itself a name with the broken jug, during Amphitryon (1808), oneAdaptation of Molières comedy, which decreases/goes back again to the Amphitruo of the Plautus, is less important. From Kleists other dramas is the Hermannschlacht (1809) a dramatic treatment of a historical topic and is full references on the political conditions itsTime. In him it makes on the eliminators of its country air for its hate. Together with the drama prince Friedrich of Homburg (see also Friedrich II. (Hessen Homburg)), which ranks among its best works, it became for the first time 1821 of Ludwig Tieck in Kleists publishes left writings. Robert Guiskard, a drama devised in large yardstick, remained fragment.
Kleist was also a master in the art of the narration; Michael Kohlhaas is considered as one of the most important German-language narrations of its time. To it that givesfamous breaking citizens horse dealer Kohl hare from Luther's days family, social position and all its other have and property up, hurt finally even even legal rules, only over in a relatively slight controversy, with which clear injustice was caused to it, rightto get; in the narration a ambivalentes monument is set for it. Worth mentioning further the narrations are the earthquake in Chili, the Marquise of O. and the holy Cäcilie or the force of the music.
Contrary to the customsHeinrich of Kleist no writing obviously aesthetic-by program to the time left. In particular the puppet theatre was examined long time on its theoretical poetologischen content. But here generally the fictitious character of the discussion became - this concerns a report overa discussion, which is already past at the time of the rendition some years - survey. Only under reservation the proclamation of the regaining of the paradiesischen condition can be seen embodied in the short essay. Particularly Hanna light man, those the puppet theatre in the year1911 rediscovered, interpreted this text in the sense of the romantic triad, those the third stage of the human development - i.e. the regaining of the paradiesischen condition - within the range of the art sees carried out.
Kleist wrote also some patriotic poems, those today in such a waywell are as forgotten.
In addition Kleist was a patriotic, Frenchman-hostile poet, like that z. B. its two poems Germania at their children and war song of the Germans.Most likely its Frenchman-hostile attitude therefore agitates that it years before into the French armyto occur wanted, but in the long run one rejected.
- Robert Guiskard, duke of the Normänner (fragment), developed 1802-1803, appeared April/May 1808 in Phöbus, premiere 6. April 1901 in the citizen of Berlin theatre in Berlin
- the family Schroffenstein, at the beginning of of 1803 anonymousappeared, premiere 9. January 1804 in Graz
- the zerbrochne jug, 1803-1806, premiere to 2 developed. March 1808 in the yard theatre in Weimar
- Amphitryon, 1807, premiere 8 appeared. April 1899 in the new theatre in Berlin
- the earthquake in Chili,appeared under the original title Jeronimo and Josephe 1807 in Cottas morning paper for formed conditions, expenditure for book easily draw up 1810 in narrations (1. Volume)
- the Marquise of O…, February 1808 in Phöbus , expenditure for book in revised version appeared 1810in narrations (1. Volume)
- the Hermannsschlacht, completes 1808, appeared 1821 (Hrsg. Ludwig Tieck), premiere to 18. October 1860 in Breslau (treatment: Feodor Wehl)
- Penthesilea, appeared 1808, szenische premiere May 1876 in the royal Schauspielhaus in Berlin
- the Käthchen ofHeilbronn or the ordeal by fire. A large historical knight play, 1807-1808, fragments developed published in Phöbus 1808, premiere 17. March 1810 in the theatre at that Vienna in Vienna, expenditure for book in reworked version 1810
- Michael Kohlhaas. From an old chronicle,1808 in Phöbus, expenditure for book appeared partial 1810 in narrations (1. Volume)
- Katechismus of the Germans, 1809
- anecdotes, 1810-1811 appeared into the citizen of Berlin evening papers
- the begging woman of Locarno, appeared 11. October 1810 into the citizen of Berlin evening papers, expenditure for book 1811in narrations (2. Volume)
- the holy Cäcilie or the force of the music. A legend, 15 appeared. - 17. November 1810 into the citizen of Berlin evening papers, expenditure for book in extended version 1811 in narrations (2. Volume)
- over the puppet theatre, 12 appeared. - 15. December1810 into the citizen of Berlin evening papers
- over gradual producing of the thoughts when talking, posthum 1878 publish
- the engagement in pc. Domingo, appeared 25. March to 5. April 1811 in the Freimüthige, expenditure for book in revised version 1811 in Narrations (2. Volume)
- the Findling, 1811 in narrations ( 2 appeared. Volume)
- the duel, 1811 in narrations ( 2 appeared. Volume)
- prince Friedrich of Homburg, developed 1809-1811, premiere 3. October 1821 as the battle of the Fehrbellin at the castle theatre in Vienna
expenditures for work
- Heinrich of Kleists collected writings. Hrsg. by Ludwig Tieck. 3 volumes. Reimer, Berlin 1826
- Heinrich of Kleist. Works and letters. Hrsg. of Siegfried Streller. 4 volumes. Structure, Berlin and Weimar 1978
- Heinrichof Kleist - all works and letters. Hrsg. by Helmut Sembdner. 9. increased and revised edition. Hanser, Munich 1993 (expenditure for paperback: dtv, Munich 2001 ISBN 3-423-12919-0)
- Heinrich of Kleist. Breaking citizen expenditure (Federal Bureau of Criminal Investigations). Critical edition of all texts after wording,Orthographie, punctuation of all received handwriting and pressures given change of Roland Reuss and Peter Staengle. Flowing field, Basel and Frankfurt/Main 1988 FF. Edition plan (Web left)
- erotism and Sexualität in the work Heinrich of Kleists. International colloquium of theBran sp archives Sembdner, 22. - 24. April 1999 in the district savings bank Heilbronn. (= Heilbronner bran sp colloquia; Volume 2). Bran-strong-heave Sembdner, Heilbronn 2000 ISBN 3-931060-48-9
- Ludwig founts: Dramaturgi sheets: The Käthchen by Heilbronn (1818). In: All writings. I bound. Melzer,Duesseldorf 1964
- Günter blockers: Heinrich of Kleist or the absolute I. Argon publishing house, Berlin 1960
- Sabine Doering: Heinrich of Kleist. (= universal library. Literature knowledge for school and study; Volume 15209). Reclam, Stuttgart 1996 ISBN 3-15-015209-7
- Günther Emig, Peter Staengle (Hrsg.): Amphitryon. „No mortal one seizes “. Interdisciplinary colloquium to Kleists „comedy after Molière “. (= Heilbronner bran sp colloquia; Volume 4). Bran-strong-heave Sembdner, Heilbronn 2004 ISBN 3-931060-74-8
- Dirk burr-hope: Kleist. History, politics, language. Essays to lives and work Heinrichof Kleists. (From the row culture-scientific studies to the German literature). 2. , edition improved. West German publishing house, Wiesbaden 2000 ISBN 3-531-33247-3
- walter Hinderer (Hrsg.): Kleists dramas. New interpretations. Reclam, Stuttgart 1981 ISBN 3-15-010303-7
- walter Hinderer (Hrsg.): Kleists dramas. (= Reclams universal library. Literature study. Interpretations; Volume 17502). Reclam, Stuttgart 1997 ISBN 3-15-017502-X
- Rudolf hole: Heinrich of Kleist. Life and work. (= Reclams universal library. Biografien; Volume 709). Reclam, Leipzig 1978
- Rudolf hole: Kleist. A biography. Barrier stone,Goettingen 2003 ISBN 3-89244-433-1
- Hans Mayer: Heinrich of Kleist. The historical instant. Neske, Pfullingen 1962
- Klaus Mueller Salget: Heinrich of Kleist. (= Reclams universal library; No. 17635). Reclam, Stuttgart 2002 ISBN 3-15-017635-2
- walter Mueller Seidel (Hrsg.): Heinrich of Kleist.Essays and essays. (= ways of the research; Volume 147). Scientific book company, Darmstadt 1967 (4. unchanged edition 1987: ISBN 3-534-03989-0)
- Walter Mueller Seidel (Hrsg.): Kleists topicality. New essays and essays 1966-1978. (= ways of the research; Volume 586).Scientific book company, Darmstadt 1981 ISBN 3-534-08384-9
- yokes Schmidt: Heinrich of Kleist. The dramas and narrations in their epoch. Scientific book company, Darmstadt 2003 ISBN 3-534-15712-5
- Helmut Sembdner (Hrsg.): More closely over their seals. Heinrich of Kleist. Heimeran, Munich 1969
- Peter Staengle: Heinrich of Kleist. (From the row dtv Portrait). dtv, Munich 1998 ISBN 3-423-31009-X
- Rolf Tiedemann: A dream of order. Marginal notes to the Novellistik Heinrichs of Kleist. Epilog too: Heinrich of Kleist: Narrations. Island, Frankfurt toMain 1977 ISBN 3-458-31947-6, S. 295 FF.
- a current bran sp bibliography appears in:
- Heilbronner of bran sp sheets (HKB). Hrsg. of Günther Emig. Bran-strong-heave Sembdner, Heilbronn 1996 FF.
- Klaus Günzel: Kleist. A life picture in letters and.time-enjoyed. Reports., Biography, Berlin 1984, ISBN 3-476-00563-1
Kleist as literary figure
- Karin Reschke: Pursued the luck. Identification book of the Henriette bird. Red book, Berlin 1982 ISBN 3-88022-266-5. (Expenditure for paperback: Red book, Hamburg 1996 ISBN 3-88022-397-1). Representation of theSuicide from the perspective Henriette of bird.
- Christa wolf: No place. Nowhere (narration over a possible however fictitious meeting of the Günderode with Heinrich of Kleist), Berlin, Weimar 1979, ISBN 3-423-08321-2
Kleist in the music
the works Heinrichfrom Kleists in the course of the time numerous composers inspired to own creations. To call are above all the following examples:
- Hugo wolf took Kleists drama Penthesilea for the collecting main of its Sinfoni seal of the same name.
- Hans Pfitzner composed to the Käthchen of Heilbronn a stage music
- the life of the poet moved smelling pool of broadcasting corporations sharpens to a Kleist Ouvertüre on.
- Hans's Werner Henze toned prince Friedrich of Homburg as opera (see the prince of Homburg)
- Klaus Schulze dedicated to the poet a piece of the same name on his album“X”.
Kleist in the film
Heinrich of Kleist accepted shape also on the television and on the cinema canvas.
- In the year 1977 developed under the direction of Helma Sanders Brahms of the 130 minutes long feature “Heinrich” with Heinrich Giskes, GrischaHuber, Hannelore Hoger, Heinz honey and Lina Carstens in the main roles. In flash backs on the life of the poet Heinrich of Kleist and its friend Henriette bird the film looks for for motives for their suicide in the autumn 1811. The workwith the Federal film award and film volume in gold for the film script one distinguished.
- The authors and producer Christian cover ore, Hartmut flint, Christoph Köster, Stefan mixer and Cornelius of peoples describe minütigen feature “the Hermannsschlacht” the expiration of the historical to approximately 70 in theirBattle in the Teutoburger forest (= Varusschlacht), show however beyond that also the dramatist with the work on its play of the same name. In the first third of the film one sees it deepened on the bank of the when lake into its seal, during him itsLoved Henriette bird from a boat of references supplies. In the center of the feature it meets Christian Dietrich Grabbe, which offers liquor to it in a fictitious meeting on the Velmerstot the dramatist. In the last quarter of the film those finally reachboth poets the battleground and debate in the midst of the Kampfgetümmels the role of the hero.
The feature “the Hermannsschlacht” developed 1993-1995, first performance: Duesseldorf, May 1995, DVD edition 2005.
Web on the left of
|Wikisource: Heinrich of Kleist - source texts|
|Wikiquote: Heinrich ofKleist - quotations|
|Commons: Heinrich of Kleist - pictures, videos and/or audio files|
| | * Literature of and over Heinrich of Kleist in the catalog of the DDB
- bran-strong-heave Sembdner, Heilbronn (among other things full texts, bibliography, training aids, pictures, service)
- bran sp museum, Frankfurt (or)
- Heinrich of Kleist society, foundress of the bran sp price
- Institut for textual criticism, Heidelberg
- link collection of the FU Berlin
- the history of the family of Kleist
- http://www.die-hermannsschlacht.de/_deu/index.html information for the filming of the literaryMaterial.
|NAME||Kleist, Heinrich of|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||of Prussian dramatists, storytellers, poets and journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||18. October, after Kleists own specifications 10. October 1777|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frankfurt (or)|
|DYING DATE||21. November 1811|
|DYING PLACE||Berlin when lake|