Stilke studied ( unfinished) the recent court common on the citizens of Berlin academy , then since 1821 in Munich under Peter von Cornelius, followed to the same after Duesseldorf, painted with Karl Stürmer in the Assisensaal to Koblenz, implemented on it several Fresken in the arcades to Munich, visited 1827 upper Italy and went 1828 to Rome.
1833 it returned to Duesseldorf, represented 1842-46 in the knight's hall of the lock proud rock the six knight virtues in large murals, moved 1850 to Berlin and died daselbst 22. September 1860. Except some Fresken for the royal lock in Berlin and the Schauspielhaus in Dessau he painted there only Staffeleibilder. By its remaining works are to be emphasized:
- Cross-driver-been awake (1834),
- pc. George with the angel,
- pilgrim in the desert (national gallery in Berlin),
- the virgin of Orléans,
- the last Christians in Syria (1841, museum in king mountain), *Raub the sons Eduard (national gallery in Berlin).
Its wife Hermine Stilke, born Peipers, geb. 1808, gest. 1869, have itself as talentful draftswoman and water color painter admit made.
- participation in the execution of the Fresken of Peter Cornelius in the Glyptothek and in the old person Pinakothek in Munich
- 1843 - 1847 Wandmalereien in the small knight's hall of lock proud rock in Koblenz on behalf the Prussian king Friedrich William IV.
- around 1850 Wandmalereien in the south dome hall of the new museum in Berlin (the acknowledgment of the Christianity by Konstantin (emperors Konstantin as promoters of the Christianity), Widukind before Karl the large one, Theodosius the large one, woman with Vogelkäfig)
- wall painting in the-sourly the theatre
- Wandmedaillon kidnapping that Europe in the dte salon citizens of Berlin of the lock (area sketched of Karl Friedrich Schinkel)
|ALTERNATIVE NAME||Stilke, Hermann Anton|
|DATE OF BIRTH||29. January 1803|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DYING DATE||22. September 1860|
|of these articles is based on a in common-free text („public domain “) from Meyers encyclopedia, 4. Edition of 1888-1890. You can remove this reference, if the text reflects the up-to-date knowledge conditions to this topic and this is occupied with sources, if he meets the current linguistic requirements and if it does not contain valuations, which hurt the Wikipedia principle of the neutral point of view.|