|of these articles is concerned with the low mountain range Hunsrück, other meanings under Hunsrück (term clarifying)|
Table of contents
geography the Hunsrück by the central Rhine in the east, the Mosel in the north, the close one in the south and the Saar in the west. A well-known noticing set reads: „Mosel, close ones, Saar and Rhine - include ring the Hunsrück. “
Geographical and due to the mentality of the inhabitants - they by the way call their Hunsrück „dog embossments “- exist very largeSimilarities among the Eifel, the Westerwald and the Taunus - which are likewise ranked to the Rheini slate mountains.
Some the Höhenzüge partially high over 800 m carry own names: the Idarwald, the Soonwald, the Binger forest, that Black forests timber forest and the Osburger timber forest (see also: Nature park Saar Hunsrück). The highest mountain is the inheritance head (818 m) with Thalfang, which is at the same time the highest mountain in the linksrheinischen part of Germany.
Of the climate one says that it rauand is rainy, whereby this judgement serves only one prejudice. The climate is actually by the altitude somewhat coolly and more rauer than the neighbouring Rhine and Moseltäler, but in the all-German comparison probably by far more pleasant and warmer than thatMajority of Germany. Because of the slopes of the Hunsrücks of Germany is not oldest region of cultivation of wine „to Mosel Saar Ruwer in vain “.
Slate was diminished in the Hunsrück into the 1950er years in large quantities. In the meantime Hunsrücker slate is concerning the price however due to South American imported goods no morecompetitive, so that the dismantling was stopped to a large extent. The slate pit in federation brook was transformed to the looking mine. There in the framework by guidance also the tradierten techniques of the slate breaking are demonstrated and - working on; this becomes also in the film stories from the Hunsrückdörfern represented by Edgar Reitz.
In westeastern direction from Saarburg to Koblenz the Hunsrückhöhenstrasse runs. From northwest to southeast pulled once a Roman military route, the Ausoniusstrasse through in such a way specified the low mountain range and connected Trier with being gene.
Historical and newer history
- the robbers Schinderhannes and Johann Peter Petri („black Peter “) made for end 18. Century the Hunsrück uncertainly.
- The director Edgar Reitz turned the first part of its Filmtrilogie homeland on the Hunsrück at the beginning of the 1980er years,a large part of it in Woppenroth alias T/plate brook.
- In the time of the cold war to beginning of the 1990er years was on the Hunsrück the rocket station Pydna, where US air Force Cruise Missiles rockets had stored. Todaythere annually one of the largest Rave meetings of Germany , „the Nature One takes place “.
- 1990 were handed over the cock air haven used militarily by Americans to the civilian administration and constantly developed from then on.
contrary toadjacent Mittelmosel as picture-book-routistic prime example, is routistic far less opened and still to a large extent unaffected the Hunsrück, which (still) constitutes its special charm.
One nevertheless finds numerous overnight accomodation offers and food restaurants as well as possibilities of the leisure activities. Besides beginnings are to in recent timeroutistic marketing of the films homeland and homeland 3 of Edgar Reitz available.
objects of interest
- Trollbachtal: Rock landscape between Rümmelsheim castle Layen and cathedral Sarmsheim along the Trollbachs
- Hinzert: Memorial place for the victims of the national socialism in the SS-Sonderlager Hinzert
- Hermeskeil: Steam locomotive museumand airplane exhibition
- Otzenhausen: „Hunnenring “, celtic ring barrier
- inheritance head (to Deuselbach): Museum „Hunsrückhaus “, highest collection of the Hunsrücks
- Wederath: Archaeology park Belginum
- Hinzerath: Castle Baldenau
- Kempfeld: Wild castle and game free enclosure
- Stipshausen: Church „Hunsrück baroque “and mute organ
- Idar Oberstein: Jewel - museum, rock church, jewel-look mine u.v.a.m.
- Gentleman stone: historical local centre
- Sulzbach: Homeland of the organ farmer family mute with large mute organ
- Rhaunen: ev. Church, oldest received mute organ
- federation brook: Roof slate pit gentleman Mr., Keltensiedlung
- Kirchberg: Market place, Michelsmarkt (Thursday after pc. Michael)
- Woppenroth: the village, which was one of the main turning places of the films homeland and homeland 3 of Edgar Reitz.
- Thickness-separated: Effect place and grave of the martyr Paul Schneider
- Kastellaun: Castle ruin, former US atomic rocket station Pydna
- Gemünden: Lock, castle ruin Koppenstein
- Ravengiersburg:„Hunsrück cathedral “from that 12. /13. Jh.
- Sargenroth: „the now church “with Fresko in the tower, Nunkircher market (at the beginning of of September)
- Simmern: Schinderhannesturm
- lock Dhaun: Ritterburg from the Middle Ages
- Emmelshausen: Honour-brook-clammy, Baybachtal
- current mountain: Current castle, homeland of the German Michel
- airplane: The international airport Frankfurt cock (24-hour operation)
- course: Stations: e.g. Koblenz, Boppard, Emmelshausen, Oberwesel, being gene. Hunsrückbahn Boppard - Emmelshausen 15 km. Close valley course Mainz - Saarbruecken (over Bad Kreuznach and Idar Oberstein).
- Bus: Koblenz Simmern over Emmelshausen and Kastellaun. Being gene Hbf. - airport cock over Rheinböllen, Simmern and Kirchberg.
- Car: A 61 Cologne - Ludwigshafen: Exits Emmelshausen, Pfalzfeld, Laudert, Rheinböllen. A 1 Oldenburg - Saarbruecken: Exits Hermeskeil and pure field. Hunsrückhöhenstrasse B 327: Koblenz Saarburg („road of the beautiful prospect “lengthwise over the entire Hunsrück). B 50: Rhine Boell EN Bernkastel Kues over Simmern and airport cock (A 61 exit Rheinböllen).
districts and importantPlaces in the Hunsrück
- district Bad Kreuznach: Bad Kreuznach, Bad Sobernheim, Kirn, current mountain
- district Bernkastel Wittlich: Bernkastel Kues, Morbach, Traben Trarbach, Thalfang at the inheritance head
- district Birkenfeld: Birkenfeld, gentleman Mr., Idar Oberstein, Rhaunen
- district Cochem cell: Blankenrath
- district Mainz being gene: Bacharach
- district Merzig Wadern: Wadern, pointing churches
- district Trier Saarburg: Hermeskeil, Kell at the lake, Ruwer
- Rhine Hunsrück circle: Boppard, thickness-separated, Emmelshausen, Kastellaun, Kirchberg, Oberwesel, sank Goar, Simmern, Rheinböllen
see also: Airport Frankfurt cock
Web on the left of
to the Hunsrück generally
- Hunsrück tourism (tourist information)
- LOOK THROUGH - Hunsrücker culture magazine
- for the geology of the Hunsrück
- to the term „Hunsrück “
- very beautiful and informative private homepage from the Netherlands alsothe emphasis moving and Hunsrückbahn. The texts are written in German and Dutch language.
- The Ausoniusweg crosswise over the Hunsrück in the Outdoorwiki
to the drift in 19. Century
Bavarian forest, Böhmerwald, The Eifel, Elbsandsteingebirge, Erzgebirge, Fichtelgebirge, Frankish Alb, Franconia forest, resin, hessian mountain country, Hunsrück, Lausitzer mountain country, Oberpfälzer forest, desert forest, Pfälzer forest, Rhön, sour country, Swabian Alb, Black Forest, Taunus, Thüringer slate mountains, Thüringer forest, bird mountain, Westerwald, Zittauer mountains