a Hyperthyreose is a thyroid hyperactivity. The thyroid produces too much of the hormones Thyroxin and Triiodthyronin. The opposite, a lack of thyroid hormones, is called Hypothyreose. A special form of the Hyperthyreose is literally translated a Thyreotoxikose, is a poisoning of the body alsoThyroid hormone, i.e. thus a heavy thyroid hyperactivity.
Table of contents
as with the Hypothyreose calls one subclinical Hyperthyreose changedLaboratory values, which do not accompany yet with symptoms.
In contrast to it the latent Hyperthyreose can accompany with symptoms or be asymptomatisch. It is characterized by the fact that the TSH activity is degraded in the blood serum, however which is still normal peripheral thyroid hormones Thyroxin ( T4) and Triiodthyronin (T3). With that communist manifestos Hyperthyreose against it both the TSH activity and the plasma mirrors of the peripheral thyroid hormones are pathological.
A Hyperthyreose with clinical complaints is always in need of treatment. The heaviest and life-threatening form is the thyreotoxische crisis.
causes of the thyroid hyperactivity
- M. Basedow: an autoimmune process -immunogen form of the Hyperthyreose, by stimulating TSH receptor Autoantikörper causes,
- autonomous knots: Knots, which take up iodine independently of the control by TSH and form hormone, but not meeting demand deliver
- Hashimoto Thyreoiditis and Ord Thyreoiditis: at the beginning of increased hormone withdrawal due to cell destruction with inflammations (“Freisetzungshyperthyreose”).
- a peripheral hypersensitivityin relation to thyroid hormone,
- a Hyperthyreosis factitia in overdosing of T4 or T3;
- a postpartale Hyperthyreose with postpartaler Thyreoiditis
- very rarely:
- a TSH producing hypophysis tumor (easily recognizable from a increased TSH concentration with high FT3-Spiegel),
- a paraneoplastisch increased production of stimulating substances,
- increased hormone production by large tumor mass of a differentiatedSchilddrüsenkarzinoms.
- heart lawns: Quiescent pulse over 90/min
- evt. High pressure, heartbeat disturbances
- evt. increased blood pressure amplitude
- (high systolic blood pressure, low diastolic blood pressure)
- unrest, hyperactivity
- weight acceptance despite excessive appetite
- increased sweating, hypersensitivity to warmth
- is warm and damp the skin? Is an increased Zittrigkeit present?
- evt.Failure, hair loss etc.
- evt. Sleeplessness and/or. strong tiredness
- depressive detuning up to the depression
- attraction barness
- eye illnesses (typical for disease Basedow):
- determination of the thyroid hormone values T3, T4and TSH and TRAK in the blood
- ultrasonic of the thyroid
- Szintigrafie of the thyroid
example of a typical Hyperthyreose with disease Basedow
- FT4 5,5 ng/dl (normally 0.71 - 1.85)
- FT3 22,5 pg/ml (normally 1.64 - 3.45)
- TSH < 0,03 mU/l (normally 0.3 - 4.00)
- TRAK20 mU/l (normally < 1)
In 90% of the cases the autoanti-bodies TRAK are positive with Basedow (diagnostic proof). With autonomous Adenomen (be called knot) the TRAK is usually negative and the thyroid is visibly differently changed also in the ultrasonic or the Szintigraphieas with Basedow.
- thyroid-braking medicines z. B. Thiamazol
- beta blocker
- radio iodine therapy
- operational removal of the thyroid
Web on the left of
- Professor. Dr. Hay fields
- Professor. Dr. Hotze
- http://www.schilddruesenspezialisten.de - homepage of a concerning
groups of self-helps
- thyroid Federal association
- authority net Immunthyreopathien
- thyroid net Hanover
- thyroid Augsburg
- Thyroid league
- without thyroid thyroid self-help
- Austria please
|consider you live the reference to health topics!|