an insecticide is a substance, which is used for killing of insects and their development stages. Insecticides are used in the agriculture, to the supply and material protection as well as within the hygiene range. Insecticides work among other things as Nerve poisons on the nervous system of the insects.
the admission of the active substances knows as breath poison over the respiratory system, when eating poison by means of the digestive tract or as contact poison after contact take place. Groups of active substances are
- natural substances such as Pyrethrum, Quassin, Rotenon and Zimtöl
- Carbamate such as Triazamat
- alkenyl ester
- organic phosphoric acid esters, like Parathion
- of chlorinated hydrocarbons
in addition give it insecticides on basis of mushrooms (Paecilomyces fumosoroseus), thread worms (Nematoda), bacteria (Bacteria) and viruses. A composition of higher plants, outto those insecticides to be won, is in the article useful plants.
- Marion Beckmann, Karl Josef Haack: Insecticides for the agriculture: Chemical Schädlingsbekämpfung. Chemistry in our time 37 (2), S. 88 - 97 (2003), ISSN 0009-2851