Jeremy Rifkin (* 1943 in Denver, Colorado, the USA) (other sources call the 26. January 1945 as date of birth) is founder and chairman of the Foundation on Economic trend (FOET; Seat in Washington D.C., The USA). He informed among other things to the Wharton School of the university of Pennsylvania and is an advisor of various governments and also the European Union commission. It is considered as a theoretician of the entrance company.
In to date 17 books Rifkin wrote over the effects of the scientific and technical change on working sphere, economics, society and environment. Essays and comments from Rifkins feather/spring appear in sheets such as The Guardian and of Los Angeles the Time, in the German-language linguistic area for example also in the South German newspaper. National the journal called it one of the 150 most influential intellectual ones of the USA; among the advocates of neoliberaler society and restaurant concepts he encounters however harsche criticism.
Its books were translated into more than 20 languages. In Germany it is above all through „the end of the work and its future “(1997, the original appeared 1995) admits become. The book affected crucially the debate around shorter hours, approximately in France.
„The Age OF ACCESS “(2000; German „ACCESS - disappearing the property. Why we will spend to possess less and more “) concern ourselves with the influence of the globalization on the cultural identity and warn before the complete Ökonomisierung of our life. Core thesis: The industrial age is, capitalism finally past changes radically. ACCESS, the rapid entrance and access to ideas, goods and services count today already more than durable and ponderous possession (keyword entrance company). The book was distinguished with two meaning prices: the Arthur Andersen Business Book Award and the Bruno Kreisky price for the best political book in the year 2000.
„The hydraulic gene Economy “(2002) drove the debate crucially in front to the necessity for the change of the energy industry (see. Hydrogen economy).
„The European dream “(2004) prognosticates the fall of the American dream. Rifkin draws therein a comparison, which certifies Europe in crucial fields a superiority via the USA and which works the fundamental transatlantic differences out. Also this book provoked controversy debates. It was distinguished for the book 2005 in Germany with the Corine.
Rifkin popularized the term Protei personality, which he names interlaced persons, who are on the way to a Entindividualisierung by modern means of communication.
- Rifkin, Jeremy/Howard, Ted: Entropy. A new conception of the world. Hamburg: Hoffmann and Campe, 1984. - ISBN 3-45508-712-4
- Rifkin, Jeremy: The biotechnological age. The business with the genetics. Munich: Goldmann, 2000. - ISBN 3-44215-090-6
- Rifkin, Jeremy: The hydraulic gene Economy: The Creation OF the Worldwide Energy Web and the Redistribution OF power on Earth. Jeremy P. Tarcher, 2003. - ISBN 1-58542-254-1
- Rifkin, Jeremy: The end of the work and its future. Frankfurt/Main: Campus, 2004. - ISBN 3-59337-411-0
- Rifkin, Jeremy: ACCESS. Disappearing the property. Frankfurt/Main: Campus, 2000. - ISBN 3-59336-541-3
- Rifkin, Jeremy: The European dream. The vision of a quiet superpower. Frankfurt/Main: Campus, 2004. - ISBN 3-59337-431-5
- Rifkin, Jeremy: The Imperium of the cattle. Frankfurt/Main: Campus, 1994. - ISBN 3-593-35047-5
Web on the left of
- The Foundation on Economic trend (homepage)
- The Wharton School OF the University OF Pennsylvania
- Jeremy Rifkin, The new Capitalism Is About Turning Culture Into Commerce (rendition of a contribution for of “Los Angeles Time” from the year 2000)
- Matthias Berninger, which remains property! (Review of the Member of the Bundestag of the Greens)
- franc Ufen, the devil at the wall - Jeremy Rifkin analyzes the dangers of the genetic engineering (review)
- the European dream. Excerpts from reviews (Perlentaucher.de)
- the European dream - Jeremy Rifkin over the quiet superpower (culture time, 3sat. A video with an interview with Rifkin is callably)
- Mark of Hujer, globalization opponents - the gentleman of the nanosecond (“Jeremy Rifkin a new age announces after the other one - it harms it not that the reality often catches up it.” - “South German newspaper”, 19. January 2001)
- ActivistCash of profile pseudo Intellectual Jeremy Rifkin (Neoliberale Polemik against “anti- technology guru the Jeremy Rifkin”)
- Jeremy Rifkin (list of all past publications in German language)
- interview over the end of the work with the Stuttgart newspaper 29. April 2005
- the future of capitalism. Europe, we need you from Rifkin, in: The time, No. 24, 2005
- the smarte revolution, of Rifkin, in: The time, No. 9, 2006
- Jeremy Rifkin, new energies: The third revolution (“South German newspaper”, 06.03.2006)
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||founder and chairman of the Foundation on Economic trend|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1943|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Colorado, the USA|