Joachim gentleman Mr. (astronomer)
Joachim gentleman man (* 19. April 1931 in Tübingen) is a German astronomer and a multiple book author of the astronomy and space research. He was director/conductor of many years of the Westfäli people observatory and the Planetariums Recklinghausen and developed her from modest beginnings to prominent Institut of the adult education .
Joachim gentleman man studied astronomy, mathematics and physics in Heidelberg and Munich. 1956 it justified the observatory in Reutlingen, which it led until 1957. After a mehrmonatigen activity as a lector for special books with the Bertelsmann publishing house Gütersloh it was of 1957 - 1962 as a full-time astronomer of the William Foerster observatory Berlin actively. When the city Recklinghausen looked for again a full-time astronomer for its observatory, it was ordered 1962 to their leader and held this place until 1996. In order to make the lectures and star guidance still more instructive, the observatory was extended 1966 by a Planetarium (model ZKP 1 of Carl Zeiss, Jena). 1985 followed the model ZKP 2 (Skymaster).
Joachim gentleman man became by its founded, well understandable books and scientific papers far beyond Germany admits. It ranks among the most widely read three authors of popular-scientific astronomy books in the German linguistic area. it received the Bruno h to 1986. - Bürgel price of the astronomical society, 1995 the Vesti price and 2005 the VdS medal.
Large editions experienced in particular:
- DTV Atlas astronomy - a compact text book, well suitably for first-year university students of astronomy, teaching profession or physics. 1.Auflage 1973, 15.Auflage 2005, 288 S. inclusive. small star Atlas, ISBN 3-423-03267-7.
- Which star is that? (Stars and planets discover and observe) - a modernization of the well-known in the Franckh/cosmos publishing house Stuttgart since 1940 of star leader appeared (of walter Widmann) with short introductions to the astrosubranges, encyclopedia and 150 practical star maps for the observations with the naked eye (5 x 12 monthly and 88 constellation maps). Furthermore addresses of people observatories and Planetarien in Germany, Austria and Switzerland as well as a preview on special sky events until 2015. 28.Auflage 2002, ISBN 3-440-09167-8.
- The large encyclopedia of the astronomy, 1.Auflage 1980 mosaic publishing house Munich, new edition 2001 Orbis publishing house. ISBN 3-572-01286-4.
- Further works: Astronomy - a modern astronomy (1960), table book for star friends (1961), the wrong conception of the world - astronomy and but faith (1962), lives on other stars? (1963), birth and death in the universe (1964), stars and space in the picture (1964), star friends ask (1966), laws of the universe (1969), astronomy, which concerns us (1974), astrobiology (1974), which discover universe (1975, together with Peter Haber), the amateur astronomer (1976), the universe in color (1980), astronomy - an introduction to the world of the cosmos (1981), Meyers large star book for children (1981), the stars (in the number of Steinbach nature leader, 1985), the universe in figures (1986), the cosmos astronomy (1986), Stars - the northern sky in color (1988), sky observation by the year (1992), dictionary to the astronomy (1996). Several works appeared as translations in France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Sweden, Japan, Brazil, Hungary, Tschechien, Lettland, Poland, Slowakei and Kroatien.
- More important book working on and cooperation: Eduard Penkala: Miracle of the universe (1961), modern trend library of the knowledge Bd.1: Nature (1968), Hans W.Gaebert: The large instant in the astronomy (1972), Brian Harpur: Halley's comet (1985), Irene Naumczyk: Sky walk with Tonkassette (1988), Uwe Schultz (Hrg.): Disk, ball, black hole (1990), Herve Burillier: The most beautiful sky phenomena (2001).
- (With) translations: Astronomy - planet stars. Galaxies (1984), Iain Nichelson/Patrick Moore: The universe (1987), Patrick Moore: Atlas of the universe (1990), fascination nature and technology (1996), the knowledge of our time (1998).
- Numerous articles in many magazines, particularly regular cooperation with the “cosmos”. Cooperation with encyclopedia works, among other things Bertelsmann Lexikothek and encyclopedia 2000. Several broadcast and television broadcasts, among other things School radio row “small astronomy” (SWF/RAI Bolzano 1956/57), monthly sky preview (SFB 1961/62).
- Many lectures in the whole Federal Republic.
- Literature: A.Kunert in “stars and space” 12/1986, R.Lüst in “reports of the astronomical society” Nr.67/1986, W.Steinicke in “journal for astronomy” Nr.19, I/2006.
Web on the left of
|NAME||gentleman Mr., Joachim|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German astronomer and multiple book author of the astronomy and space research|
|DATE OF BIRTH||19.April 1931|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tübingen|