John F. Kennedy
John Fitzgerald Kennedy (* 29. May 1917 in Brookline, Massachusetts; † 22. November 1963 in Dallas, Texas (byAssassination attempt)) was the 35.President of the United States of America (1961 - 1963). He was son of the millionaire Joseph P. Kennedy and rose Fitzgerald Kennedy, the daughter of the former mayor von Boston. In the Second World War JFK servedat the US Navy in the Pacific as a commander of the speedboat PT 109. To 12. September 1953 he married Jacqueline Lee Bouvier. Until today the widely distributed Kennedy clan influential politicians come of (see also: Edward Kennedy).
Only in the year 1976 becameit admits that JFK at disease Addison (an incurable suprarenal body crust illness and/or subfunction) suffered. The heavy illness made an extensive hormone and/or Cortisonbehandlung necessary. Because of the substantial pain resulting from it again and again a Morphium - and drugs - was after-said to him dependence, whathowever an examination so far only conditionally to withstand could.
Kennedy had numerous affairs, from which also its wife knew. Also a Liebesverhältnis with Marilyn Monroe is after-said to him.
Because of its spectacular death, its famous speech before the city hall beautiful mountain in Berlinand it applies for its announcement of the first moon-landing despite its short presidency as one of most well-known humans and an internationally most popular US president 20. Century.
Table of contents
youth and study
As a son enrich parents enjoyed Kennedy a privileged youth. In the year 1931 Kennedy came on a boarding school into Connecticut, at which he made 1935 its conclusion. He was not an outstanding pupil and had already at this time health problems.Often it had to remain several days, sometimes even weeks in bed. Kennedy played gladly football, had this up however due to its weak health to give.
1935 tried Kennedy at the Princeton university and London School OF Economics to announce itself, had howeverboth projects because of diseases break off. One year later, 1936 finally created Kennedy the entrance in the study. From 1936 to 1940 it studied politics at the Harvard university. During its study time it traveled much, among other things also by that brieflybefore the war standing Europe.
With the help of the father it succeeded to Kennedy 1943 then nevertheless to the front to be shifted. He became commander of the speedboat PT 109 in the south Pacific. Kennedy came already soon into those The USA back, there his boat, by a Japanese destroyer rammed, had sunk. Kennedy was celebrated however as a hero, since it succeeded to him to save most members of its crew.
JFKs brother Joseph Patrick Kennedy jr.did not survive the war. Itdied during a flight employment into Europe.
house of representatives
after the death of the brother was it now John F. To go and if possible president become Kennedys task into the policy. Its father, Joseph had this requirementP. Kennedy, before to its brother posed. 1945 worked JFK first as a journalist and reported among other things of the conference of establishment of the United Nations in San Francisco. One year later became Kennedy, with considerable financial support by the father,into the house of representatives selected. It its very reduced influence was there clear. He knew that he could thus not collect enough trailers for a presidency election fight.
in November 1952 he became, again with financial support ofFather, to the senator of Massachusetts selected. Thus the first step was taken to the presidency. But Kennedy knew that a unmarried one would not be selected to the president. This was apart from its love for Jaqueline Bouvier a further reason for thoseMarriage both of the 1953. 1956 undertook to draw Kennedy its first attempt into the white house. He stood as a candidate with the democratic Party Congress for the office of the vice-president, was subject however to senator Estes Kefauver from threshing floor lake. Kennedy undertook its next approach 1960. In the party-internal Vorausscheidung sat down it against Lyndon B. Johnson through. Its presidency election fight was financed again to a large extent by its father. In the choice to 8. November knew itself Kennedy scarcely against its republican contractor smelling pool of broadcasting corporations M.Nixon interspersed.
Kennedy became at the age of 43 years a president and was only about one thousand days in the office. Into this time however drastic events with regard to foreign policy fell: The failure of the invasion of Cuba in the pig bay, thatBeginning of the US commitment in the Viet Nam war, the Cuba crisis (“S.” Kennedys crisis management in the Cuba conflict 1962) around the stationing of Soviet atomic rockets in the western hemisphere (S. Monroe doctrine), the announcement of the moon-landing and the building of the citizens of Berlin wall.
relating to domestic affairs strove Kennedy for reforms. Already in the election campaign 1960 it announced the government program that to new Frontier: After the model of the American settlers apply it to conquer new borderland. It becomes ingo to its presidency around unfulfilled hopes and dreams, the unresolved problems of war and peace, the unordered niches of Ignoranz and prejudice as well as the unanswered questions of poverty and abundance.
1962 sent Kennedy military units to the UniversityOF Mississippi, so that the black student James Meredith could register there. 1963 gave up the US Federal State as the last racial segregation in the education system and permitted the integration. Kennedy increased the minimum hourly wages to 1,25 US Dollar. The housing conditions were improvedand the unemployment pay was increased. To 15. Anniversary of the citizens of Berlin air lift, to 26. June 1963 visited Kennedy west Berlin. Before the city hall beautiful mountain it gave its famous speech, in which it at the side of at that time Governing mayor Willy Brandt its famous sentence said: „I am a citizen of Berlin “( ? / License). Kennedy assured also in the future the support of the USA to the city and Germany as an ally protecting power.
In the connection Kennedy began its Policy of detente between east and west for the completion of the cold war. The USA and the Soviet Union would install the red telephone, which telex direct in reality - connection between Moscow and Washington represented, around in the future two governments in crisis situations oneto make possible faster communication and to prevent so a nuclear war.
To 12. November 1963, only, Kennedy national the Security memorandum No. signed few days before its death. 271, in which it aimed at a co-operation with the USSR in affairs of space. To a common space program of the two world powers in the 60's it should however any longer do not come.
Briefly before its death president Kennedy issued a law, which should replace the Federal reserve system by a national central bank. Its successor Lyndon B. Johnson revised this law however immediately.
the assassination attempt
major item: Assassination attempt on John F. Kennedy
to 22. November 1963 became a president John F. Kennedy against 12.30 o'clock to the Dealey Plaza, a place in Dallas, Texas murders. Few hours after the assassination attempt becamethe suspicious Lee Harvey Oswald of the public presented and two days later in Polizeigewahrsam of the cancer-ill Jack Ruby shot, before it could come to an accusation or a court process. Kennedy was buried at the national cemetery Arlington.
At the funeral servicefor Kennedy to 25. November 1963 participated according to an estimation the New York Time one knappe million humans.
President Lyndon B. set four days after the assassination attempt. Johnson (before vice-president, was sworn in few hours after the assassination attempt as a president)the Warren commission in such a way specified, those the circumstances of the assassination attempt on John F. Kennedy to clear up should. The commission came one year later to the conclusion that Oswald was the exclusive author and it did not give conspiracy for murder to Kennedys.Further investigations resulted in however that the national organs FBI, CIA and Secret service information before the Warren commission kept secret, which could possibly have led to another result. Also it is strongly doubted that the Warren commission at all interestat the clearing-up of the assassination attempt had, there its members on the various national institutions dependent and/or. even their members were.
Later numerous further investigations, which uncovered inaccuracies, contradictions and also falsifications of previous determinations, followed the mystery around that Assassination attempt on Kennedy however free of doubts to solve did not know. The document of Kennedys murder may not be opened 2029 ago. One however hardly expects new information from the material.
- John F. Kennedy internationally air haven airport in new one York town center
- John f. - Kennedy institute for North America studies in Berlin
- USS John F. Kennedy (CV-67) US-American aircraft carrier
- John f. - Kennedy bridge, Munich (builds during the assassination attempt)
- John f. - Kennedy place, 10825 Berlin, the place before the city hall beautiful mountain, place of the citizens of Berlin speech by John F. Kennedy to 26.June 1963 (until 1963 Rudolph savage place)
- Kennedybrücke Hamburg (four Kennedybrücken in Hamburg ) Kennedybrücke
- Bonn, the middle of the three Bonn Rhine bridges exist carries its names since 1963
- Kennedybrücke Vienna (one year before the assassination attempt builds)
- for John F. KennedySchool German-American community school in Berlin
- Kennedy space center in Florida
- numerous roads
- Why England Slept. Wilfred radio, Inc., New York NY, 1940 (extension of JFK's termination work in Harvard)
- As incoming goods Remember Joe. Private pressure, CambridgeMA, 1945 (private pressure for member and friends to the memory at JFK's older brother Joseph Patrick Kennedy jr.)
- Profile in courage. Harper & Row, New York NY, 1955 (German expenditure: Civil courage, William Frick publishing house, Vienna, 1960)
- The StrategyOF Peace. Harper & Brothers, New York NY, 1960 (German expenditure: The way to the peace, Econ publishing house, Duesseldorf, 1961)
- ton turn the Tide. Harper & Brothers, New York NY, 1962 (German expenditure: Dams against the tide,Econ publishing house, Duesseldorf, 1962)
- The burdens and the Glory. Harper & Brothers, New York NY, 1964 (German expenditure: Gloss and burden, Econ publishing house, Duesseldorf, 1964)
- A nation OF of immigrant. Harper & Row, New York NY, 1964
- George sign: John F. Kennedy: Humans and myth. Sample Schmidt, Goettingen [and elsewhere] 1997, ISBN 3-7881-0148-2
- Thomas's C. Reeves: A question OF character: A would run OF John F. Kennedy. Free press [among other things], New York, NY1991, ISBN 0-02-925965-7
- James N. Giglio: John F. Kennedy: A bibliography. Greenwood press, west haven, Conn. [and elsewhere] 1995, ISBN 0-313-28192-0
- Robert Dallek: John F. Kennedy: An unfinished life. Fischer, Stuttgart 2005, ISBN 3-5961-6488-5
- Harald Biermann: John F. Kennedyand the cold war: The foreign policy of the USA and the borders of the reliability. Schöningh, Paderborn [and elsewhere] 1997, ISBN 3-506-77504-9
- Lawrence Freedman: Kennedy's wars: Berlin, Cuba, Laos, and Viet Nam. Oxford Univ. Press, New York [among other things] 2000, ISBN 0-19-513453-2
- Honoré M. Catudal: Kennedy in the wall crisis: A case study for decision making in the USA. Berlin publishing house, Berlin 1981, ISBN 3-87061-230-4
- Irving amber: Pro-bad kept: John F. Kennedy's new more frontier. Oxford Univ. Pr., New York, NY [among other things] 1991, ISBN 0-19-504641-2
- Joseph P. Berry: John F. Kennedy and the media: the roofridge television President. Univ. Pr. OF America, Lanham, Md. 1987, ISBN 0-8191-6552-2
- Anthony Frewin: The assassination OF John F. Kennedy: On annotated film, TV, andvideography, 1963 - 1992. Greenwood press, west haven, Conn. [and elsewhere] 1993
- Jim Garrison, on the Trail OF the ASS ASS ASS
- the rendezvous with death, why Kennedy had to die - historical documentation
Hollywood has Kennedy inseveral films perpetuates:
Web on the left of
|Commons: John F. Kennedy - pictures, videos and/or audio files|
|Commons: Assassination attempt on John F.Kennedy - pictures, videos and/or audio files|
|Wikiquote: John F. Kennedy - quotations|
| | * Literature by and over John F. Kennedy in the catalog of the DDB
- Kennedys speech with the famous words „I is a citizen of Berlin “ (English)
- “I am a citizen of Berlin” - speech on German
- Kennedy Biografie
- John F. Kennedy LIBRARY and museum (English)
- Kennedy Wahlkampfspots (English)
George Washington | John Adam | Thomas Jefferson | James Madison | James Monroe | John Quincy Adam | Andrew Jackson | Martin van Buren | William H. Harrison | John Tyler | James K. Polk | Zachary Taylor | Millard Fillmore | Franklin Pierce | James Buchanan | Abraham Lincoln | Andrew Johnson | Ulysses S. Grant | Rutherford B. Hayes | James A. Garfield | Chester A. Arthur | Grover Cleveland | Benjamin Harrison | Grover Cleveland | William McKinley | Theodore Roosevelt | William H. Taffeta | Woodrow Wilson | Warren G. Harding | Calvin Coolidge | Harsh ore C. Hoover | Franklin D. Roosevelt | Harry S. Truman | Dwight D. Eisenhower | John F. Kennedy | Lyndon B. Johnson | Richard Nixon | Gerald Ford | Jimmy Carter | Ronald Reagan | George H. W.Bush | Bill Clinton | George W. Bush
|NAME||Kennedy, John Fitzgerald|
|ALTERNATIVE NAME||John F. Kennedy, JFK|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||of US-American politicians, 35. President of the USA (1961 - 1963)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||29. May 1917|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Brookline, Massachusetts|
|DYING DATE||22. November 1963|
|DYING PLACE||Dallas, Texas|