Jorge Luis Borges
Table of contents
Jorge Luis Borges is a larger public by its fantastic narrations admits become. He wrotein addition numerous poems, essays, published book catalogs and quotation collections and was active as translators. Beyond that it has B. under the aliases. Suarez lynch and H. Bustos Domecq of works publishes, which developed in co-operation with Adolfo Bioy Casares.
Borges originated from a wealthy Argentine family, the father attorney, and buildup in Buenos Aires , its grandmother on the paternal side was Englishwoman, its father taught philosophy and psychology in English. Starting from 1914 Borges spent seven years in Switzerland, wherehe among other things German, latin and French learned, and in Spain, where he came with some contemporary poets into contact.
Borges had a comprehensive education, particularly in the area of the literature and philosophy. Underit was familiar other one with the legends of Scandinavia, the seal and philosophy of the antique ones, the German Middle Ages, the old far east and the Kabbala.
It had a special preference for metaphysical literature, which it as “oneBranch of the fantastic literature “regarded. This confidenceness with the literary tradition of many cultures reflects itself in that variety of its own literary work.
Since 1955 Borges was a director of the Argentine national library. With approximately 50 years it was complete gone blind, which did not prevent it however to be literary active by friends still several decades through.
Borges is considered as a forerunner of the post office modernism and is one of the usually-quoted authors in the Poststrukturalismus. One the favourite style means Borges'the deception, playing with the reader, is the mixture of reality and Surrealität. When example of it knows the narration Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius is brought, into different reality levels to blend itself and on the one hand material existing persons mentioned and, on the other hand in addition, not-real elements a large role are quoted to play. This circumstance often brings commentators to borrowing it in embarrassment, because it is not to be proven frequently whether for example a mentioned writer is invented by Borges or whether it existed materialand only hardly to someone except Borges admits is.
The narration the library of Babel inspired Umberto Eco to the structural drawing of the monastery library in the novel the name of the rose. The blind opponent Williams of Baskerville, Jorge of Burgos, is oneReminiscence at Jorge Luis Borges.
Borges' literary essays give a comprehensive and original idea of the world literature. The lyric poetry is strongly ajar against antique models. Borges always selected works for its a short form - few of its texts are longer than ten or fifteen sides. Its Prosa is always closely, selected, appropriate, stylistic distinguished and without each redundant word. Despite its comprehensive education Borges was not Snob. He estimated the detective stories of Arthur C. Doyle just like William Shakespeares Dramas.
- Historia universal de la infamia (dt. Universal history of despicableness,) (1935)
- Labiblioteca de Babel (dt.The library of Babel) (1941), in: Ficciones (fictions)
- Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius (dt. Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius) (1944), in: Ficciones (fictions)
- the circular ruins (1944), in: Ficciones (fictions)
- Eljardín de senderos que SE bifurcan (dt. The garden of the paths, branch out) (1944), to: Ficciones (fictions)
- El Aleph (dt. The Aleph) (1949)
important one of works
- 1944 - Ficciones (dt. Fictions), narrations
- 1949/1952 - El Aleph (dt. The Aleph), narrations
- 1960 - El hacedor (dt. Borges and I), poems and Prosa
- 1970 - El informe de Brodie (dt. David Brodies report, 1972), narrations
- 1975 - El libro de arena (dt. ThatSand book, 1977), narrations
- 1941 - Antología de la literatura fantástica (dt. Anthologie of the fantastic literature) with Adolfo Bioy Casares
- 1967 - Introducción A la literatura norteamericana (dt. Introduction to the literature of the USA)
- 1977- ¿ Qué it el Budismo? (dt. Which is Buddhismus?) with Alicia Jurado
- 1944 - large price of the Argentine writer federation
- 1956 - first national price for literature, Argentina
- 1961 - international publisher price form gate (together with Samuel Beckett);Commendatore, Italy
- 1962 - Commandeur de l' Ordre of the Lettres et kinds
- the 1965 - order OF Knighthood OF the Very Distinguished order OF the British Empire
- 1966 - Madonnina, Milan
- 1970 - Matarazzo Sobrinho, Brazil (inter+American literary award)
- 1971 - price1973 - Alfonso
- Reyes price 1979 - 1980
- - Premio Cervantes, Spain (
- together with Gerardo Diego) 1980 - Balzan price for philology, linguistics
- and literature criticism , Sandro Pertini presents large Distinguished Service Cross of the Federal Republic of Germany to the city Jerusalem 1983 from the Italian
- president -Membership in the French Ehrenlegion
- Ernst E. Behle: Jorge Luis Borges, an introduction to its life and work. Publishing house long, Berne 1972. ISBN 3-261-00700-1
- Gabriela Massuh: Borges, an aesthetics of the silence. Publishing house Palm andEnke, attaining 1979.ISBN 3-7896-0125-X
- Adelheid Hanke shepherd: Jorge Luis Borges for introduction. June US publishing house, Hamburg 1999. ISBN 3-88506-987-3
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and over Jorge Luis Borges in the catalog of the DDB
- Internetaleph(Spanish and English)
- The decaying Word on Borges (English)
- if I again to live would know Borges wrongly attributed poem
- the century of Borges (literature-scientific essay of Alfonso de Toro over Borges' work in connection with postmodernism and post office colonialism)
|Wikiquote:Jorge Luis Borges - quotations|
|NAME||Borges, Jorge Luis|
|ALTERNATIVE NAME||Jorge Francisco Isidore Luis Borges Acevedo [complete name]|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||of Argentine writers|
|DATE OF BIRTH||24. August 1899|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Buenos Aires|
|DYING DATE||14. June 1986|