Kriehuber with 13 years to the indication class of the imperial academy to Vienna was already taken up. 1818 it accompanied the prince Sanguszko as an indication teacher to Poland. 1821 it returns to Vienna . In order to procure itself money for the study at the academy and for living costs, it became one of the most industrious lithographic coworkers of the publishing house Trentsensky. 1826 appears its first haven advice in the new printing to the lithography. In the next decades becomes Kriehuber the most looked for and bestbezahlte haven guessingist Vienna conventional Meier. Its success therefore agitates probably that it understood it masterfully men more importantly and women to explain more beautifully, than they were in reality.
Its work, an image of the Viennese society of this epoch, covers approx. 3000 haven guessing lithographies, besides some hundred water colors. One hardly finds an important personality this time, which was not porträtiert by Kriehuber. So e.g. Franz I. of Austria, prince of Metternich, Josef Radetzky, Franz Grillparzer, Johann Nestroy, ore duke Johann, Friedrich stem, Friedrich Hebbel, hammer Purgstall, Franz thrust ore, Franz Liszt, Nicolo Paganini, Fritz Reuter, Therese Krones, Fanny Elssler, ore duke Karl Ludwig, Sophie of Austria, Marie Louise of Austria, Stephan finite one, Ignaz of Seyfried, Moritz God-dear sapphire, Carl knight of Ghega, William of Tegetthoff, Maximilian (Mexico).
With the arising of the photography the star Kriehubers sank. it still received 1860 as first artists in Austria the Franz Josephs medal. Its last Lebensjahre were overshadowed of the lack of orders and poverty.
- peppering brook, W. v.: Catalog of the haven guessing lithographies Josef Kriehubers. – 2. Edition. Vienna: Walter war publishing house, 1958
- Krasa, S. : Josef Kriehuber 1800-1876: The haven guessingist of one epoch. - Vienna: Edition Christian Brandstätter, 1987
- Kriehuber, Joseph. In ADB. Volume 17. Duncker & Humblodt, Leizig 1875-1912. Electronic version: 
- Kriehuber, Joseph. In Constantin of peppering brook: Biographic encyclopedia dock ore around Austria. 13. Volume. Vienna 1865. Electronic version: 
- of works of Josef Kriehuber - museum portal Schleswig-Holstein
|Commons: Joseph Kriehuber - pictures, videos and/or audio files|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Lithograph and painter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||15. December 1800|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|
|DYING DATE||30. May 1876|