Justine Henin Hardenne
|Justine Henin Hardenne ? / License (* 1. June 1982 in Lüttich, Belgium) is a Tennisspielerin. Before their wedding to 16. November 2002 with Pierre Yves Hardenne was well-known it under its maiden name Justine Henin. Since 2005 it lives in Monte Carlo, Monaco. Their largest sporty successes are the profit from so far four Grand Slam - titles in the single as well as the gold medal with the olympic plays of Athens. Besides it stood altogether 45 week at the point of the WTA - for world rank list and 2003 to the best Spielerin of the yearly was selected. Also off the tennis court the 1,66 m large Belgian ensure for positive headlines, in December 2003 created it a donation in favor of cancer-ill children, Les 20 Coeurs de Justine. At the age from 12 years their nut/mother, to who it dedicated its first Grand Slam title later, at the illness had died.|
Table of contents
the beginnings (1996-2002)
the first steps on international stage made Justine Henin at the end of of 1996 with the participation in an IETF - tournament on Mallorca. Already 1997 won it two small meetings in France and Belgium and became at the age of 15 youngest Belgian Meisterin of all times. 1999 started it their career as professional Tennisspielerin on the WTA route and won as fifth Spielerin at all with the debut equal their first tournament, in Antwerp it with a Wildcard in the main field had arrived. With its first Grand Slam - participation reached it with the French open the second round, in which it was subject to Lindsay Dave haven only after three sentences. 2000 remained it without tournament success, with the Grand Slams were its best cutting reaching off the Achtelfinals with US open, where she had a checking again against Lindsay Dave haven.
2001 succeeded to it already the jump into the extended world point, it won three smaller tournaments in Australia and the Netherlands and reached surprisingly with a victory over Jennifer Capriati the final of Wimbledon, where she was subject against Venus Williams in three sentences. In the world rank list it improved up to the season end around 41 positions at place 7. 2002 booked Henin finally with the German open in Berlin the first larger tournament success of their career, in the final defeated it Serena Williams after hard fight in the third sentence in the Tie BREAK. In addition it won the resounding tournament in Linz in the autumn. Again they cut off with the large tournaments in Wimbledon best, whereby them failed like already in the previous year because of Venus Williams, this time in the semi-final. In the world rank list you succeeded the jump into the Top 5.
the year 2003
at the latest 2003 succeeded to the small Belgian then the large break-through. After victories in Dubai and Charleston and the successful title defense in Berlin it won its first Grand Slam title in the Stade Roland Garros with the French open. After it had stopped the triumphant advance of Serena Williams , which had decided the last four Grand Slams before in consequence for itself in the semi-final, she defeated her Belgian land woman Kim Clijsters in the final also clearly in two sentences. By the half final defeat against Serena Williams in Wimbledon it one braked, its next successes in San Diego and Toronto let only brief it finally the triumph with US open follow. It defeated less than 24 hours after the three-hour half final classical author against Jennifer Capriati, in whose final phase she was troubled of cramps, in the final game again Kim Clijsters in two sentences. With the tournament victory in Zurich Justine Henin Hardenne became to 20. October 2003 the 13. Spielerin at the point of the world rank list, although first only for one week. With the reaching of the Halbfinals with the WTA Championships in Los Angeles it became again world rank list first.
the year 2004
also at the beginning of the yearly 2004 further very successfully acted the Belgian. After the victory with the preparation tournament of Sydney it won also the Australian open in the third edition of the purely Belgian final game against Kim Clijsters, this time clearly more umkämpfter after three passages. After its second success in Dubai it triumphed also in Indian Wells and set up with 7626 counters in the world rank list a new point record. They forced the Pfeiffer gland fever a little later to a tournament break of several weeks. It began nevertheless with the French open to the title defense and promptly already failed in the second round. Again a longer time-out followed, before it undertook with the olympic plays of Athens a further comeback attempt and in the final against Amélie Mauresmo the only gold medal for Belgium won. Still not completely genesen ended the title defense with US open in the round of the last sixteen against Nadia Petrova and lost thereby also the guidance in the world rank list. It terminated finally the season prematurely.
the year 2005
in the preparation on the season 2005 suffered it a knee injury, further two months break was the result. In the middle of March celebrated it, after altogether a half year time-out, in Miami their comeback and nevertheless reached the quarter final. The following sand place season dominated the Belgian almost as desired, it won successively in Charleston, Warsaw and already for the third time in Berlin. Also with the French open was not to be stopped it despite some difficulties in the first rounds (in the round of the last sixteen against Svetlana Kuznetsova had to repel it match balls) in the long run, in the final deklassierte it with that 24. Victory in series of Mary Pierce for their second triumph in Paris after 2003. The more surprisingly overtaken it in Wimbledon from already in the first round. Persistent Achilles' tendons - injury coined/shaped the further seasonal trend, after a break a of several weeks stepped Henin Hardenne still into Toronto (final defeat against Kim Clijsters) and with US open on, where Mary Pierce in the round of the last sixteen the new edition of the French open - final game for itself decided. Still fastened it failed in falling the city in the first round and terminated thereupon like already in the previous year promptly the season.
the year 2006
in Australia celebrated it once more a successful comeback. In Sydney it won the final game against Francesca Schiavone and reached with the Australian open the final against Amélie Mauresmo, which gave it up however from gastrospasms troubled in the second sentence. To Dubai it pointed well recovered and won themselves there for the third time with the victory over Maria Sharapova. The American spring season less successfully passed, in Indian Wells failed it in the semi-final despite clear guidance still because of Elena Dementieva, in Miami already in the prelude match against Meghann Shaughnessy. Also in Charleston it did not find the way back yet again into the success trace of the previous year, when it remained ungeschlagen on sand. The defeat in the semi-final against Patty Schnyder was their first at all with the third participation in this tournament and marked the end of the success series on their favourite lining after altogether 27 victories in consequence.
Fed Cup, 1. Round, Belgium - Russia in Lüttich
- date: 22. / 23. April 2006
- lining: Sand (resounds)
- final conditions: 3-2 for Belgium
- Internet: www.fedcup.com
|22.04.06||2. Single||Nadia Petrova||6:7 6:4 6:3|
|23.04.06||4. Single||Elena Dementieva||6:2 6:0|
|of 23.04.06||doubles (with Kim Clijsters)||Maria Kirilenko / DIN era Safina||6:7 5:7|
Justine succeeded in the second single of the first daily reconciliation for the Equipe Belgium against title defender inside from Russia. After the defeat of Kim Clijsters against Elena Dementieva (4: 6 3:6) it had to fight for the victory against Nadia Petrova however hard. Particularly at the beginning the Belgian had trouble and turned out fast with 1:4 in arrears. It still saved itself in the Tie BREAK, lost this however clearly after one hour play time. Altogether the portion took 2 hours and 40 minutes.
After Kim Clijsters on the second day with the victory over Maria Kirilenko (6: 1 6:4 had brought), which was used unexpectedly in place of Nadia Petrova, Belgium in guidance, swept Henin Hardenne in the last single Elena Dementieva with 6:2 and 6:0 of the place and transformed the Country resounds from Lüttich into a mad house. The insignificant double, to which Justine and Kim began together, went in two sentences to the dethroned title defender inside. In the semi-final in the middle of July meets Belgium the USA, which likewise secured themselves in Germany with 3-2 victories the introduction in the semi-final.
Qatar Telecom German open in Berlin
- date: 08. - 14. May 2006
- category: Animal I
- prize money: 1.340.000 $
- lining: Sand (Freiluft)
- previous year: Final victory against Nadia Petrova (6: 3 4:6 6:3)
- Internet: www.german-open.org
French open 2006 in of Paris
- date: 28. May - 11. June 2006
- category: Grand Slam
- prize money: 17.288.723 $ (of it 5.823.955 $ for the single competition of the ladies)
- lining: Sand (Freiluft)
- previous year: Final victory against Mary Pierce (6: 1 6:1)
- Internet: www.roland-garros.com
single title (25)
|01||10. May 1999||Antwerp, Belgium||sand||Sarah Pitkowski Malcor (France)||6:1 6:2|
|02||01. January 2001||gold Coast, Australia||hard||Silvia Farina Elia (Italy)||7:6 6:4|
|03||08. January 2001||Canberra, Australia||hard||Sandrine Testud (France)||6:2 6:2|
|04||18. June 2001||'s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands||grass||Kim Clijsters (Belgium)||6:4 3:6 6:3|
|05||06. May 2002||Berlin, Germany||sand||Serena Williams (the USA)||6:2 1:6 7:6|
|06||21. October 2002||Linz, Austria||hard||Alexandra Stevenson (the USA)||6:3 6:0|
|07||17. February 2003||Dubai, VAE||hard||Monica Seles (the USA)||4:6 7:6 7:5|
|08||07. April 2003||Charleston, the USA||sand||Serena Williams (the USA)||6:3 6:4|
|09||05. May 2003||Berlin, Germany||sand||Kim Clijsters (Belgium)||6:4 4:6 7:5|
|10||26. May 2003||Roland Garros, Paris, France||sand||Kim Clijsters (Belgium)||6:0 6:4|
|11||28. July 2003||San Diego, the USA||hard||Kim Clijsters (Belgium)||3:6 6:2 6:3|
|12||11. August 2003||Toronto, Canada||hard||Lina Krasnoroutskaya (Russia)||6:1 6:0|
|13||25. August 2003||US open, New York, the USA||hard||Kim Clijsters (Belgium)||7:5 6:1|
|14||13. October 2003||Zurich, Switzerland||hard||Jelena Dokic (Serbia and Montenegro)||6:0 6:4|
|15||12. January 2004||Sydney, Australia||hard||Amelie Mauresmo (France)||6:4 6:4|
|16||19. Janunar 2004||Australian open, Melbourne, Australia||hard||Kim Clijsters (Belgium)||6:3 4:6 6:3|
|17||23. February 2004||Dubai, VAE||hard||Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia)||6:3 7:6|
|18||08. March 2004||Indian Wells, the USA||hard||Lindsay Dave haven (the USA)||6:1 6:4|
|19||16. August of 2004||olympic plays, Athens, Greece||hard||Amélie Mauresmo (France)||6:3 6:3|
|20||17. April 2005||Charleston, the USA||sand||Elena Dementieva (Russia)||7:5 6:4|
|21||01. May 2005||Warsaw, Poland||sand||Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia)||3:6 6:2 7:5|
|22||08. May 2005||Berlin, Germany||sand||Nadia Petrova (Russia)||6:3 4:6 6:3|
|23||04. June 2005||Roland Garros, Paris, France||sand||Mary Pierce (France)||6:1 6:1|
|24||13. January 2006||Sydney, Australia||hard||Francesca Schiavone (Italy)||4:6 7:5 7:5|
|25||25. February 2006||Dubai, VAE||hard||Maria Sharapova (Russia)||7:5 6:2|
|Putting one: Tournament categories|
|olympic plays (1)|
|Grand Slam (4)|
|WTA route, animal I (8)|
|WTA route, animal II or lower (12)|
final participation single (12)
- 2001: Wimbledon (Siegerin: Venus Williams)
- 2001: Hawaii (Siegerin: Sandrine Testud)
- 2001: Falling the city (Siegerin: Lindsay Dave haven)
- 2002: Gold Coast (Siegerin: Venus Williams)
- 2002: Antwerp (Siegerin: Venus Williams)
- 2002: Amelia Iceland (Siegerin: Venus Williams)
- 2002: Rome (Siegerin: Serena Williams)
- 2003: 'S-Hertogenbosch (Siegerin: Kim Clijsters)
- 2003: Leipzig (Siegerin: Anastasia Myskina)
- 2003: Falling the city (Siegerin: Kim Clijsters)
- 2005: Toronto (Siegerin: Kim Clijsters)
- 2006: Australian open (Siegerin: Amelie Mauresmo)
(statistics for Grand Slam, WTA tournaments and Fed Cup. Other IETF tournaments do not contain)
|WTA route Championships||-||HF||VF||VF||-||-||-||0|
|Grand Slam victory defeat||of 6-1||10-2||11-2||24-2||12-4||17-4||4-3||,1-2||85-20|
|final participation||3||5||5||11||6||6||0||1||of 37|
|hard place victory defeat||18-3||10-4||31-2||42-7||23-14||31-10||23-8||2-2||180-50|
|sand victory defeat||5-1||24-0||4-2||19-1||14-4||14-4||3-2||,9-2||92-16|
|grass victory defeat||0-0||,0-1||,0-0||,8-2||,7-2||10-1||1-2||,0-0||26-8|
|carpet victory defeat||0-0||,0-0||,0-0||,3-1||,6-1||,1-3||,1-1||,3-2||14-8|
|entirely victory defeat||23-4||34-5||35-4||72-11||50-21||56-18||28-13||14-6||312-82|
|yearly final placement||6||8||1||5||7||48||69||--|
double titles (2)
|No.||Date||Partnerin||tournament||lining||final opponent inside||result|
|01||06. January 2002||Meghann Shaughnessy (the USA)||gold Coast, Australia||hard||ASP Svensson (SWE)/ Miriam Oremans (NED)||6:1 7:6|
|02||20. October 2002||Elena Bovina (RUS)||Zurich, Switzerland||hard||Jelena Dokic (SCG)/ Nadia Petrova (RUS)||6:2 7:6|
numbers and facts
- as 13. Spielerin became Justine to 20. October 2003 the No. 1 of the world rank list. Before it had one day itself this place with the victory in the final of Zurich over Jelena Dokic secured. It displaced her land woman Kim Clijsters however first only for one week of position one, since it did not begin to the title defense in Linz. With the reaching of the semi-final with the WTA Championships in Los Angeles it turned to 10. November to the point back and wintered there as respected Spielerin.
- In its career she achieved 2 Title in the double (both 2002), once at the side of Meghann Shaughnessy and once together with Elena Bovina. With the Australian open 2003 played it again with Bovina last in the double.
- 3x in consequence could triumphieren the Belgian so far in Dubai and in Berlin. In Dubai it triumphed 2006 for the third time after '03 and '04, with the German open registered itself it to '02, '03 and '05 into the winner list. In the years between them it could do in each case injury and/or. do not begin illness-caused. In the desert state Henin Hardenne is still ungeschlagen, the only defeat in the German capital dated from the year 2001, when she had to give up lying in the semi-final against Jennifer Capriati because of a Knöchelverletzung in guidance.
- As one of only 4 player inside it succeeded their 2005, without winning only one season defeat on sand also the French open. Had this 15 years before Monica Seles created, only to Chris Evert and Steffi Graf likewise last succeeded this feat.
- So far 6x stood it in the final game with a Grand Slam tournament. Their four successes with the Australian open ('04), French open ('03 & '05) and US open ('03) are framed by the two defeats into Wimbledon 2001 and with the Australian open 2006.
- The Belgian in the direct comparison with Venus Williams, one of it took 7 defeats in consequence in her only Wimbledon final. Against no other Spielerin it exhibits a such negative series. Only in the all first duel of the two in Berlin 2001 Justine could become generally accepted. Last meeting one another took place 2003 in the semi-final of the Australian open.
- In the year 2003 it won 8 tournaments, well a third of their single titles. In its most successful season it still triumphed not only with the French open and US open, but also in Dubai, Charleston, Berlin, San Diego, Toronto and Zürich.
- As 9. Spielerin at all was Justine after the Australian open at the same time 2004 officiating Titelträgerin with three of the four Grand Slams.
- At No. 10 set triumphierte the Belgian 2005 with the French open, a lower classified Spielerin in Paris had triumphed never before.
- By its Coach of Carlo Rodriguez she is already cared for since the age of 14 years.
- At the age of 15 years and two months Justine became youngest Belgian Meisterin of all times. It triumphed against Dominique van Roost, who was to be found at that time under the best 40 of the world rank list.
- No other Spielerin Justine on the WTA route met more frequently than on Kim Clijsters, so far faced each other both 17x . While Clijsters leads Henin Hardenne altogether after victories (10-7), is in Finals the more successful one of the two (6-3). In the last eight duels it went around the tournament victory, the last comparison into Toronto 2005 ended in each case in favor of of Clijsters.
- In the respected year of her professional career the Belgian stands at present with 25 single titles.
- With beginning of the tournament in Charleston 2005 the Belgian a continuous victory series on sand, which ended one year later in same place in the semi-final against Patty Schnyder, started 27 plays. Only Chris Evert (125 plays!), Steffi Graf (32) as well as Martina Navratilova and Monica Seles (ever 30) remained longer unbesiegt in the open Era on this lining.
- In the year 2003 the tournament of Charleston marked at the beginning of another success series. Up to the quarter final in Miami Justine remained well two years later ungeschlagen with tournaments the animals I-category and won thereby 28 Matches in consequence. Beside Charleston it still won 2003 in Berlin, Toronto and Zürich as well as in the following year in Indian Wells.
- Even 34 Matches in series it remained victorious between 2003 and 2004 with free air meetings at hard place, beginning with the tournament in San Diego. After successes in Toronto and with US open still title gain in Sydney, with the Australian open followed and in Dubai in the new year, before it was stopped in Doha in the semi-final by Svetlana Kuznetsova.
- Altogether Justine stood for 45 weeks on place 1 of the world rank list, last to 12. September 2004.
- At place 69 the Belgian terminated her first season as a tennis professional. Only scarcely one and a half years later it advanced with the reaching of the Halbfinals with the French open into the Top 10, where it is to be found since that time apart from approximately four months in the spring 2005.
- Meanwhile Justine on the WTA route denied 106 tournaments.
- As No. it denied 178 of the world rank list their first professional tournament 1999 in Antwerp. Their first match on the route won it with 6:2 and 6:1 against Lubomira brook EH, in the final defeated it Sarah Pitkowski, at that time No. 35 of the world, with the same result.
- Their 300. Victory on the route celebrated the Belgian in Dubai 2006 in their prelude match against Kateryna Bondarenko with 6:4 and 7:5.
- 2003 were selected it by that internationally tennis Writers Association to the Spielerin of the yearly.
- After the tournament victory in Indian Wells 2004 stood for Henin Hardenne with 7626 points at the point of the world rank list. This record became unattainable with the change of the Ranking system at the beginning of the yearly 2006.
- With the reaching of the Achtelfinals in Indian Wells the Belgian crossed the mark of 1.000.000 $ yearly prize money at an earlier time in the season than ever a Spielerin before.
- With the tournament victory in Dubai it reached 2006 as 14. Spielerin the mark of 10.000.000 $ career prize money
Matches worth mentioning
- 1999, French open, 2. Round against Lindsay Dave haven (3: 6 6:2 5:7)
with their first Grand Slam participation in the main field Justine faced a Topspielerin at the same time for the first time and brought the No. at that time. 2 of the world to the edge of a defeat.
- 2001, Berlin, round of the last sixteen against Venus Williams (6: 1 6:4)
after ten futile approaches succeeded to Justine with one of its favourite tournaments the first victory over a Top 10-Spielerin. Their only success remained in eight duels with world rank list second at that time.
- 2001, French open, semi-final against Kim Clijsters (6: it knew 2 5:7
3:6) against their Belgian land woman the large chance to draw not use for the first time with a Grand Slam into the final game. Playful it an intermediate 4:2 - guidance in the second sentence.
- 2001, s'Hertogenbosch, final against Kim Clijsters (6: 4 3:6 6:3)
scarce two weeks later she took revenge for the half final defeat and got themselves thereby their to today only title on lawns. The new edition of the final game two years later gave it up lying in guidance hurt.
- 2001, Wimbledon, semi-final against Jennifer Capriati (2: 6 6:4 6:2)
with the most steeped in tradition Grand Slam the Belgian provided for the large sensation of the tournament, when she threw the acting Australian and French open Siegerin from the title running and even for the first time the final to the Church Road reached.
- 2001, Wimbledon, final against Venus Williams (1: it could nevertheless remove
6 6:3 0:6) in the final game the clear Favoritin then a sentence, was however in the long run nevertheless chanceless. In the two following years in each case last stop was against one of the Williams sisters in the semi-final (2002 against Venus and/or. 2003 against Serena).
- 2002, Amelia Iceland, final against Venus Williams (6: ) again once Justine
in this match let 2 5:7 6:7 elapse a large victory chance unused. It led in the meantime with 6:2 and 4:0 (40: 15), three times was missing their only two points to the match gain.
- 2002, Berlin, final against Serena Williams (6: 2 1:6 7:6)
undisputed their up to then largest success on the route. On the way to the first title with an animal I-tournament had defeated it in the semi-final Jennifer Capriati. One week later had it in the final game of Rome against Williams checking.
- 2003, Australian open, round of the last sixteen against Lindsay Dave haven (7: 5 5:7 9:7)
of cramps troubled and despite a 1:4 - arrears in the third sentence the Belgian Dave haven fought in this crime film still down, it was the first victory in the sixth duel with the American.
- 2003, Dubai, final against Monica Seles (4: Justine the match turned
6 7:6 7:5) after protection against a match ball in the second sentence still to its favour, psychologically according to own statement a further milestone on the way to its first Grand Slam title.
- 2003, Berlin, final against Kim Clijsters (6: Henin Hardenne in the tenth play
of the third set of three match balls repelled 4 4:6 7:5) during the successful title defense, next large tournament success after a clear victory over Serena Williams in Charleston.
- 2003, French open, semi-final against Serena Williams (6: frenetisch angefeuert the small
Belgian the triumphant advance world rank list first, which had decided the last four Grand Slams before all together for itself, stopped 2 4:6 7:5) of 15.000 spectators.
- 2003, French open, final against Kim Clijsters (6: Justine Henin Hardenne in
the Stade Roland Garros secured itself 0 6:4) with the premiere of a purely Belgian final game in the Grand Slam history finally safely their first large single title.
- 2003, US open, semi-final against Jennifer Capriati (4: the Belgian still triumphed
to 6 7:5 7:6) in one of the hochklassigsten and dramatic portions of the last years after three hours play time after a 3:5 - arrears in second and a 2:5 - arrears in the third sentence. Ten times Capriati separated thereby only two points from the match gain.
- 2003, US open, final against Kim Clijsters (7: 5 6:1)
24 hours, after she had to be treated completely weakly with infusions and their final participation was questionable, its second Grand Slam success was not certain. After protection from two sentence balls with the conditions of 4:5 it left no more chance to Clijsters.
- 2003, falling the city, final against Kim Clijsters (7: 5 4:6 2:6)
one of eight Matches between No. 1 and No. 2 of the world rank list, in which it concerned the top position. By the defeat Henin Hardenne missed the jump to the point, to which you succeeded then one week later in Zurich.
- 2004, Australian open, final against Kim Clijsters (6: 3 4:6 6:3)
the most interesting of the three Grand of Slam final games of the Dauerrivalinnen. Henin Hardenne already looked with 4:2 in second and 4:0 in the third sentence like the safe Siegerin, before Clijsters made it in each case exciting again.
- 2004, Athens, semi-final against Anastasia Myskina (7: to 5 5:7 8:6)
in the second sentence with 5:4 and own impact already nearly at the goal, Justine still came into the Stolpern. Only with the back to the wall with 1:5 in the third sentence it found the way back into the portion and won 7 of the last 8 plays and thus the match.
- 2004, Athens, final against Amelie Mauresmo (6: 3 6:3)
once more celebrated she after a nerve-racking semi-final a large triumph. In the play around gold Henin Hardenne of their Kontrahentin did not leave a chance, sovereign permitted it in the entire match not even a BREAK ball.
- 2005, French open, round of the last sixteen against Svetlana Kuznetsova (7: 6 4:6 7:5)
over three-hour Marathon match, however not necessarily hochklassig, there coined/shaped by many errors on both sides. With 3:5 in the third sentence Justine had to repel two match balls, however finally nevertheless still became generally accepted.
- 2005, French open, final against Mary Pierce (6: 1 6:1)
after clear victories over Maria Sharapova and Nadia Petrova did not leave the Belgian in the final also to public favourite Pierce the breath of a chance. After only somewhat more than one hour it held for the second time for the Coupe Suzanne Lenglen in their hands.
- 2005, Wimbledon, 1. Round against Eleni Daniilidou (6: the disillusionment followed 7
6:2 5:7) the triumph in Roland Garros on the “holy lawn” from Wimbledon - for the first time in the Grand Slam history the acting French open Siegerin in London in the first round failed.
- 2006, Australian open, final against Amelie Mauresmo (task with 1:6 0:2)
after the hard fought for final introduction with victories over Lindsay Dave haven and Maria Sharapova struck in the final game of the bodies. At no time in the full possession of its forces Justine gave finally, from violent gastrospasms troubled, the match up.
Justine for Belgium
with the olympic plays of Athens did not only represent Justine the colors of Belgium, also in the Fed Cup was used it already several times for its country. In the year 1999 it gave its debut in the quarter final against the Netherlands and contributed in the single two points to the clear victory to their crew. 2001 reached the Belgian crew after successes in the Vorrunde against Germany, Australia and Spain safely the final against Russia. There Justine Henin and Kim Clijsters of the small tennis nation with victories over Nadia Petrova gave and/or. Elena Dementieva the first and so far only triumph in the Fed Cup.
Altogether the Belgian participated since 1999 in ten land duels, it played 14 Matches in the single, from which it lost only one, 2000 against Monica Seles. In April 2006 Justine in the new edition of the final of 2001 gave success their comeback in the Fed Cup with 3:2 - after nearly three-year Abstinenz. It began also for the first time in the however no longer crucial double, which lost it at the side of Kim Clijsters. One of their motives for the return to the Belgian team participated the fact that player inside, which 2008 in the olympic plays of Peking would like to participate before in two of the last four years in the Fed Cup it must have participated.
over Justine Henin Hardenne so far no German-language titles appeared.
- Patrick Haumont: Justine Henin Hardenne. Le bonheur outer bout you court. Edition Luc Pire, Brussels 2003, ISBN 2-87415-358-3 ( )
- Marks of Ryan: Tie BREAK! Justine Henin Hardenne, tragedy & triumph. Robson Books, London 2004, ISBN 1-86105-752-0 ( )
Web on the left of
- www.henin-hardenne.be - official homepage ( / / )
- www.wtatour.com - detailed player profile on the official side of the WTA ( )
- www.20coeursdejustine.be - homepage of the donation Les 20 Coeurs de Justine ( / / )
1900: Charlotte Cooper | 1908: Dorothea Douglas | 1912: Marguerite Broquedis | 1920: Suzanne Lenglen | 1924: Helen Wills Moody | 1988: Steffi Graf | 1992: Jennifer Capriati | 1996: Lindsay Dave haven | 2000: Venus Williams | 2004: Justine Henin Hardenne
|NAME||Henin Hardenne, Justine|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1. June 1982|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lüttich, Belgium|