it began early with the struggle and won already 1925 its first Hungarian title. As the first Hungarian Spitzenringer it concerned intensively with the free style and became in such a way the “master father” the late Hungarian Ringer so successful in this kind of style. He took part starting from 1927 with large successes in international championships. It often met German Ringer. it e.g. fought to 1936. against the resident of Munich Wolfgang Ehrl with the olympic plays 1936 in Berlin around the gold medal in the Leichtgewicht, freestyle and won scarcely, eye-witnesses says undeservedly, to points. Kárpáty was Jewish faith. It became therefore during 2. World war of the Nazis in a concentration camp into the Ukraine interned, survived however fortunately. After the war it was many years long coaches of the Hungarian ring he national team and wrote some text books over the struggle.
international ones of successes
(OS = olympic plays, EM = European championship, gr = griech. - Rome. Style, F = freestyle, Fe = feather/spring weight, Le = leichtgewicht, incoming goods = world-suppl.-yielded)
- 1927 2. Place EM in Budapest, gr, Fe, with victories over meat man, Czechoslovakia, Ernst Steinig, Germany, Sigfrit Hansson, Sweden and defeat against Voldemar Väli, Estonia;
- 1928 4. Place, OS in Amsterdam, gr, Fe, with victories over camel, Egypt, Schlanger, Austria, Kratochvil, Czechoslovakia, Quaglia, Italy and renewed defeat against Väli;
- 1929 2. Place, EM in Paris, F, Le, with victories over Grieder, Switzerland, Edward, England, Dillen, Belgium and defeat against Eric Malmberg, Sweden;
- 1929 5. Place, EM in Dortmund, gr, Le, with victories over Aage Meier, Denmark, Vavra, Czechoslovakia and defeat against Eduard sparrow, Germany;
- 1930 3. Place, EM in Stockholm, gr, Le, with victories over Huupponen, Finland and Voldemar Väli and defeat against Eric Malmberg;
- 1930 1. Place, EM in Brussels, F, Le, with victories over Mollin, Belgium, Bacon, England and despite defeat against Eric Malmberg;
- 1931, unplatziert, EM in Prague, gr, Le, after defeats against Einar Karlsson, Sweden and Kratochvil, Czechoslovakia;
- 1931 4. Place in Budapest, F, Le, after victory over Delos, France and defeats against Hans less, Switzerland and Kustaa Pihlajamäki, Finland;
- 1932 silver medal, OS in Los Angeles, F, Le, with victories over Suzuki, Japan, Osvald cut, Estonia and Niederlagen against Melvin Clodtfelder, the USA and Charles Pacome, France;
- 1934 3. Place in Stockholm, F, We, with victory over Arvi Pihlajamäki, Finland and defeats against Ture Andersson, Sweden and Jean Földeák, Germany;
- 1935 1. Place in Brussels, F, Le, with victories over Hermanni Pihlajamäki, Finland, Offre, France, Gavelli, Italy, Wolfgang Ehrl, Germany and despite a defeat against Lalemand, Belgium;
- 1936 gold medal in Berlin, OS, F, Lem with victories over Hermanni Pihlajamäki, Romagnoli, Italy, Garrard, Australia, Delporte, France and Wolfgang Ehrl.
national ones of successes
after the profit of the first Hungarian championship 1925, followed until 1936 still further eleven titles in both kinds of style. After 1945 Karoli Kárpáty rendered extraordinarily large services around the Hungarian Ringernationalmannschaft, which he led in his coach time into the absolute world point. Olympia victories and world champion titles, which fought for its Ringer, witness of its abilities as coaches.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||of Hungarian Ringer and coach|
|DATE OF BIRTH||2. July 1906|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Eger|