|of these articles treats the system of government kingdom. For the place in the municipality Jork, see Kingdom of (Jork).|
- The term kingdom calls a state with a monarchischen system of government, with that the monarch king (and/or. Queen is designated).
- Closely related to the nationalTerm is in Christian theology the expression kingdom of God. On the basis the books of the Bible one can pursue the development of the national Königtums in the antiquity, but has the term in theology often a transferred meaning.
Like today, then also the kingdoms hadthe antiquity different royal symbols. Generally there was a capital or a royal residence, a king yard and a standing army (perhaps in times of peace rather makes smaller).
The word „kingdom “actually does not inform exact about the government structure, the area extent or the power of a monarch.Kingdoms were in former times, begun of various sizes and influential of the strong world powers - Egypt, Assyrien, Babylon, Medo Persia, Greece and Rome - up to small city kingdoms like those in Kanaan at present the conquest of the country by the Israeliten. In addition likesthe government structure from kingdom been to kingdom very different its.
The first kingdom of mankind history in accordance with the reports of the Bible, the Kingdom of Nimrods, seems to have been originally a city kingdom and have expanded later its rule area since other cities, whereby the seatin Babel remained (genesis 10.9-11).
The large world realms, which enormous areas and besides tributary kingdoms controlled, seem from small city states or master's groups finally united to have developed, under a dominant leader. Such coalitions were occasionally temporally limited and became often only thenformed, if it applied to fight a common enemy.
A Vasallenkönigreich is on another power dependent a kingdom, with own administration. Vasallenkönigreiche enjoyed frequently a considerable measure of autonomy or autonomy, had itself however the will and the demands of superordinate powerbend.
today existing Kingdoms of
- Bahrain (since 2002)
- Belgium (since 1831)
- Bhutan (since 1907)
- Denmark (since that 10. Century)
- 16 Commonwealth Realms with Elizabeth II. as a head of state:
- Antigua and Barbuda (since independence 1982)
- Australia (since 1942)
- the Bahamas (sinceindependence 1973)
- Barbados (since independence 1966)
- Belize (since independence 1981)
- Grenada (since independence 1974)
- Jamaica (since independence 1962)
- Canada (since 1931)
- New Zealand (since 1947)
- Papua New Guinea (since independence 1975)
- united Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (since 1707)
- Salomonen (since thatIndependence 1978)
- Pc. Cement and Nevis (since independence 1983)
- pc. Lucia (since independence 1979)
- pc. Vincent and the Grenadinen (since independence 1979)
- Tuvalu (since independence 1978)
- Jordanian one (since 1946)
- Kambodscha (since 1993)
- Lesotho (since 1966)
- Malaysia (since 1957)
- Morocco (since 1957)
- Nepal (since 1951)
- kingdom of the Netherlands (since 1815)
- Norway (since 872, several times in personnel union, independent kingdom since 1905)
- Saudi Arabia (since 1932)
- Sweden (since 995)
- Spain (1947 again to the kingdom explain, in fact since 1978)
- Swaziland (since 1968)
- Thailand (since 1238)
- Tonga (since 1875)
|Wiktionary: Kingdom - word origin, synonyms and translations|