Cadence (verse teachings)
One differentiates today - after the syllable number at the end of the last stressed syllable on two forms:
- male or blunt cadence: Conclusion with onestressed syllable, z. B. “Who rides so late by night and wind? ”
- female or sounding cadence: Conclusion with a stressed and a unbetonten Silbe´, z. B. “Celebration bricked in that ground connection”
in the medieval Metrik gives it still further distinctions, from a firmNumber of cycles from four clocks for each verse proceed. Clock one calls the section of an elevation (stressed syllable, contrast lowering) to before the next elevation.
It are differentiated:
- full cadence: The cadence fills the last clock.
- sounding cadence: The cadence fills the next to lastand last clock.
- blunt cadence: The last clock is linguistically not realized.
|This article or section requires a revision. Details are indicated on the discussion side. Please to improve it and removes afterwards this helpsMarking.|