|sum formula||K Cl|
|short description||colorless crystals or white, crystalline powder|
|mol mass||74.55 g mol|
|state of aggregation||firmly|
|density||1.987 g/cm ³|
|melting point||776 °C|
|boiling point||1500 °C|
|steam pressure||? Pa (x °C)|
|solubility||well in water, badly in alcohol|
|of safety references|
|R and S-sentences||
of R: -
|as far as possible and common, are not used SI-UNITs. If not differently notes, the indicated data apply with standard conditions.|
Kaliumchlorid (Sylvin), KCl, the potassium salt of hydrochloric acid forms colorless, sharply salty tasting, water-soluble crystals with a melting point of 770 °C and for a density of 1,98 g/cm 3. It separates with 20 °C to 350 g/L in water.
Table of contents
world-wide gives it numerous kaliumchloridhaltige salt occurrences. The occurrences are of outstanding importance in Canada, in the GUS and Germany. In the future is thatover 240 million tons large occurrences in the sea-basin of Lop Nor in China to be opened.
Kaliumchloridhaltige of minerals
- Sylvin (Sylvit) - KCl
- Sylvinit - KCl * NaCl
- Carnallit - KCl * MgCl 2 * 6 H 2 O
- Dock rivet - KCl * MgSO 4 * 3 H 2 O
- crystallizing the more with difficulty soluble Kaliumchlorids when the evaporation concentrated Carnallit solutions (KMgCl 3 * 6 H 2 O).
- By flotation of kaliumchloridhaltigen salt mixtures, e.g. in the potash miningwon raw salts.
- By the hot release procedure: selective extracting of the KCl from salt mixtures due to different temperature dependences of the solubilities of salts.
- By electrostatic separation from salt mixtures, ESTA (R) - procedures.
- taste amplifier (E 508)
- raw material for the production of nearly all potassium connections(for example potassium carbonate, potassium hydroxide)
- thawing salt (because of the deeper fusing temperature of a potassium chloride water mixture also at temperatures under -10 °C economically applicable).
- Hardness salt in the metallurgy
- Schwebemittel in the email industry
- a component of artificially manufactured physiological solutions
- during the execution by the poison syringe in the United States third, last gave component - stops the heart impact.
- Poison syringe with late Schwangerschaftsabrüchen, in order to prevent a any living person birth of the child (injection into the heart, leads to the heart stop).
- Storage solution for pH - test electrodes (3 mol of /l KCl - solution)
- calibration and pool of broadcasting corporations for beta-ray emission. Potassium contains to 0.0118% the isotope K40, of this supplies 16350 Bq per kilogram of KCl, of it is 89.28% beta-ray emission and 10.72% gamma radiation with 1.46083 MeV.
- A component in pain-restraining tooth-pastes (with pain-sensitive teeth)
- classically: Proof of the Cl - - of ion by precipitation with AG +, Pb 2+ or Hg 2 2+.
Proof of the K + - ion only over the violet flame coloration and/or precipitation with ClO 4 - possible.
- decay: Proof of the elements for example by means of CARRION
- as Toxikum in the human body is Kaliumchlorid the Toxikum which can be proven most heavily, which admits at present is.