Pack of cards
table of contents
traditional play goals
- fastest possible placing of all maps:
- collecting as much as possible passes (pass plays):
- collecting as much as possible points of map (eye plays):
- collecting of fewer passes or a points of map as possible:
- collecting an announced number of passes:
- collecting as much as possible maps or map combinations:
- robbery plays (rob from open maps with hand maps)
- for example Casino and hurricane
- of games
- Poker and thatold English Brag
- creation as much as possible maps according to a firm pattern:
thereby are used the most different auxiliary rules,those the placing or collecting on certain events or map combinations make dependent.
symbolism of traditional Spielkarten
one uses in Germany often the French sheet, nevertheless is the maps in France differentarranges, and the photo maps are assigned to personalities.
- cross king - Alexander the large
- spades king - king David
- heart king - Karl the large
- Karokönig - Julius Caesar
- cross queen - Argine (a Anagrammof regina, this often for Maria (nut/mother Jesu))
- Spades queen - Pallas Athene (Greek goddess of the wisdom)
- heart queen - Judit (Biblical ideal Frömmigkeit)
- Karokönigin - Rachel (Biblical figure as ideal of the beauty)
- Kreuzbube - Lancelot from the Artussage
- Pikbube - Hogier, a cousin of Karl of the large
- Herzbube - La Hire, a French knight
- Karobube - Hektor of Troja or Roland, a Paladin Karl
with the Bavarian sheep head have the particularsMaps special designations, for example the old person for the acorn waiter, the blue one for the sheet waiter, the fox for the heart waiter, or green, grass or leaves for sheet. Or “sow” for ASS.
plays alsoown sheet
today also many plays with special maps are maps apart from the plays with classical sheets. It concerns frequently author plays with various play mechanisms. Occasionally they exceed the border to the board play, if the Spielkartenas a kind Spielbrett to be used. À la carte pack of cards price distinguishes the best in each case play of a yearly.
Contrary to the traditional plays the maps and rules are protected of a manufacturer as utility models.
- autoquartet (different manufacturers)
- UN (Mattel)
- Bohnanza (Amigo)
- Hol's of the vultures ()
- without fear and aristocracy (Hans in the luck publishing house)
- San Juan (Ravensburger play publishing house)
- 6 takes (Amigo)
- Mü & more ()
- to settler pack of cards (Cosmos play gallery)
- traitor (ennobling play)
- 11er Raus ()
- Halli Galli (Amigo)
Also with board plays or cube plays Spielkarten can be involved. They in most cases servehere however to the influence of the play process - for example as cube replacement in the form of event maps - or it objects, which can be used in the play process, represent about raw materials or play money.
the use of Spielkarten for pure Hazardspiel (risk play gambling), to in 18. Century was common, is today particularly in play casinos to be found, however then with today modern map gambling, like Black Jack, baking era and talks dog. In the past was the pack of cards Pharo (or also Faro of Pharao) in play salons, clubs and play companies in Europe and in the play salons of the American gold graves much spreads later and likes. Variants are temples and meaning aunt your aunt, historical forerunners are land farmhand and Bassette. Todayit plays practically no more role. Also the old casino play Trente et quarante almost became extinct. That as gambling valid pass play Écarté was in the play salons 19 likewise to a large extent. Century far spreads and as play around very high employments, its if successor, like Ramso, admits 20 was into the 50's. Century in play clubs spreads. Besides there is a whole number of more or less well-known map gambling, like e.g. Blüchern, Schlesi Lotterie and numerous variants of it alsodifferent name (Polish bank, Bullermännchen, Russian of Roulette (the latter as pack of cards, not to confound with the well-known “gun play”). A number of to a large extent luck-dependent pass plays with a common basic principle, like Mauscheln and three-sheet (tap) as well as related plays such as Mistigri and Loo have alsooccasional celebrity reaches. Also the old English tavern play Nap can be mentioned here with. Further Hoggenheimer, Häufeln, God benediction with Cohn, Trente et un, the Black Jack relatives Pontoon, seventeen and four and Vingt et un, the English Newmarket. The Poker - forerunners, like the old German pound or the French Poque and that the Poker similar, however older English Brag are added than plays also a character and large luck dependence of the play exit.
packs of cards as learning plays
manyconventional packs of cards demand and train characteristics such as concentration, attention, short time memory and strategic thinking. Logical plays such as set or mathematical plays such as Elfer Raus can children logic and/or. Number understanding near-close to. A further variant are quartet plays and black Peter, inmediate to the rule knowledge. In ironical sense one can 32 lifts on also as learning play to designate.
- Spielkarten, in: Meyers encyclopedia, 4. Aufl. 1888, Bd.15, S. 143.
- Haller plays: The law allin
Web on the left of
|Wikibooks: Packs of cards - learning and teaching materials|
|Wiktionary: Pack of cards - word origin, synonyms and translations|
- on-line play map museum
- German play map museum flax field EN genuine things
- closingand play map museum old person castle
- classification of the packs of cards
- rules and systematics to hundreds of packs of cards (English)
- of on-line packs of cards plays
- of packs of cards rules in German
- history of the Skatspieles
- extensive information about Spielkarten and packs of cards
information and reviews: