Cores in the rem valley
|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Baden-Wuerttemberg|
|district:||Rem Murr circle|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 48° 48 ' N, 9° 19 ' O 48° 48 ' N, 9° 19 ' O
|height:||270 m and. NN|
|surface:||15.05 km ²|
|inhabitants:||15.076 (31. March 2005)|
|Population density:||1002 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip code:||71385-71394|
|municipality characteristic number:||08 1 19 093|
|municipality arrangement:||2 local parts|
| address |
of the local administration:
| Stettener road 12|
71394 cores in the rem valley
Resulted to cores from the municipality reform 1975 from the places Rommelshausen and Stetten. The name cores was determined by a competition and refers to the house mountain of the municipality - the 513 meters high cores with the core tower of 1896.
Table of contents
cores is because of the entrance of the rem valley.
The state capital Stuttgart is appropriate about for 16 km far away.
coat of arms
description coat of arms of cores i.R.:
The coat of arms shows two parallel rows of Romben on yellow reason. The rows run diagonally from bottom to top, consist of in each case 3 Romben and have the colors blue (upper row) and black.
The coat of arms was formed from the two existing coats of arms by Rommelshausen and Stetten.
the lozenges symbolize the “teckischen lozenges”. Both local parts belonged for a while to the rule area of the dukes of Teck.
The former coat of arms of Rommelshausen led the teckischen lozenges in the lower part (black on yellow). The colors stand for colors of alto Württemberg. In the top the letter “R” was located for Rommelshausen. The coat of arms was lent Rommelshausen in the year 1938 by the realm governor.
Stetten led the teckischen lozenges in blue in its coat of arms.
the municipality cores in the rem valley exists 20 since that. September 1975.
It resulted from the municipality reform from the places Rommelshausen and Stetten.
the first documentary mention “Rumoldeshusen” originates from the year 1146. In a deed of donation, in that the monastery upper cell the acquisition of a self-property by emperors Konrad III. one certifies, a “word vienna de Rumoldeshusen” is mentioned as a witness. Who these word vienna de Rumoldeshusen are, is not well-known. Since as further witnesses count Ludwig von Württemberg and the Mr. von Plochingen from the environment are called, the assumption lies close that it belonged to the surrounding field of the count and there an elevated position had.
Also before the time of the documentary certifications there were settlements in the local area of Rommelshausen.
On his Gemarkung became in the year 1971 of W.D. Förster and M.A. Gasoline a Roman mansion (mansion rustica) excavated. The total yard covered approx. 70 acre. Main building was approx. 21 x 13 meters largely. Due to of Münzfunden the age becomes on the time between 180 and 235 n.Chr. estimated.
The first settlement became between 650 and 750 n.Chr. of Alamannen based. Indication for this are some Alamannen graves. From these first settlers Rommelshausen can have gotten also its name. Possibly the settlement was designated after the leader of the settlers. This could have been called “Rumold”. For this there are not certifications however.
1241 was called documentary Stetten the first time. To 2. The counts Ulrich and Eberhard von Württemberg a yard sold February 1241 to the monastery holy cross valley. As a witness a “Eberhardus dapifer de Stetin” is called. (= Eberhard, Truchsess von Stetten)
- Truchsesse were body-own service men of the counts von Württemberg. They had the role of the first yard marshal. In important decisions the Mr. Truchsessen von Stetten always participated as yard officials of the Württembergi counts and dukes.
The village Stetten was again sold in the course of the centuries always.
Around 1300 the Y-castle was established above the valley. At first it carried for the names Eibenberg over “Yberg” to “Yburg” mutated. The castle was not no more inhabited since 1442. In the year 1760/61 it was broken off up to the trim walls.
Between 1384 and 1387 the Stettener lock in the valley was built.
Starting from 1507 the Mr. von Thumb in Stetten prevailed. The württembergische hereditary marshal Konrad Thumb of new mountain bought Stetten. Its descendants Johann Friedrich Thumb, first to fourth prevailed until 1645 in Stetten.
1664 became Stetten at duke Eberhard III. sold.
after the reformation become both localities Protestant. The last catholic minister must leave Rommelshausen in the year 1535. The existing catholic churches “are reformed”.
Only in 19. Again catholics settle century in Rommelshausen and Stetten. 1917 lives in Stetten 50 and in Rommelshausen 120 catholics. The catholic churches became 1954 (Stetten) and 1960 (Rommelshausen) establishes.
the local council cover 22 members.
These distribute themselves since 13. June 2004 on the parties as follows:
UFW: 6 (independent free voters)
OGL: 4 (the open Greens list)
Rommelshausen and Stetten were coined/shaped long time by agriculture and viticulture. In the environment of both places Löss is appropriate - and for Keuperboden for agriculture and/or. Viticulture is outstanding suitable. The meaning of the viticulture for Stetten is documented documentary for the first time 1379.
- The Stettener bread water is one of the best Riesling situations of the country. Its sandstone terraces lie romantically directly underneath the ruin Y-castle -, where in the rem valley the snow melts as the all first.
- The unusual situation name agitates from one in outgoing 17. Century in Stetten residing yard lady ago. This invented a ruse, in order to hide their wine consumption from the höfischen public. It could be filled simply the jug, which was intended for the bread water, with wine. And each mark, if it dipped dry bread into the alleged water, could do it - without it was noticeable possibly to someone - a tidy sip wine to itself to take. Since now the servant shank of that lady always ran into the cellar instead of to the well, in order to fill the jug on the new, small cunning remained not for a very long time hidden and their favourite wine got the name “bread water”. (Source: Yard chamber wine cellar)
by the industrialization drew in also the industry in both local parts. Rommelshausen was preferential with the development of the local industry, since it had its own stop of the rem valley course since 1861.
Nowadays one of the large employers is the Diakonie Stetten.
per a reason and a six-form high school has educational facilities cores in the local part.
In the local part Stetten is located a reason and a hauptschule. The moreover in Stetten of the Diakonie Stetten a school for mentally handicapped children and young people is operated.
a partnership between cities maintains partnerships between cities cores with the following cities:
- Saint Pierre d´Albigny (France), since 1972
- Saint Rambert d´Albon (France)
- Masvingo (Simbabwe) (in such a way also the park beside the Rumold six-form high school in Rommelshausen was designated.
- Dombóvár (Hungary), since 1991
culture and objects of interest
- on that cores (513 m and. N.N.) stands the 27 m high core tower of 1896.
- The Y-castle above the valley.
- The Bädle in the local centre of Stetten.
- 1384 the Stettener lock built, meanwhile is in it an obstruction hostel of the Diakonie Stetten.
honour citizen Rommelshausens
- Willy Rüsch: Industrieller in the catheters - industry
- Paul Kässer: * 1904; Mayor 1937 - 1945 and 1948 - 1964
honour citizen Stettens
- Karl Mauch: * 1837 † 1875; Africa researcher: between 1865 and 1872 he bereiste Transvaal, Natal and south Rhodesien.
- Johann David pepper: * 11. January 1769 † 28. February 1842; Play man
Web on the left of
- Internet operational readiness level of core Stetten
- Internet operational readiness level of the music association Stetten i.R.
- Internet operational readiness level of the fire-brigade cores i.R.
- Internet operational readiness level of the youth fire-brigade cores i.R.
- Internet operational readiness level of the TV Stetten
- Internet operational readiness level of the music association Rommelshausen
- Internet operational readiness level of the Karl Mauch school, Stetten i.R.
- Internet operational readiness level promotion association Karl Mauch school registered association, Stetten i.R.
- Stettener bread water
Alfdorf | Allmersbach in the valley | Old hut | Aspach | Auenwald | Backnang | Berglen | Burgstetten | Skin brook | Large-laugh | Kaisersbach | Cores in the rem valley | Kirchberg to the Murr | Basket | People brook | Murrhardt | Oppenweiler | Plüderhausen | Rem waste dumps | Rudder mountain | Schorndorf | Schwaikheim | Mirror mountain | Sulzbach to the Murr | Urbach | Waiblingen | Wine city | White oh in the valley | Welzheim | Vienna ends | Winter brook