|surface:||25.67 km ²|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 54° 10 ′ N, 15° 34 ′ O 54° 10 ′ N, 15° 34 ′ O
|height:||m and. NN|
|inhabitant:||44.932 (31. Dec. 2004)|
|Postal zip code:||78-100 DO 78-106|
|telephone preselection:||(+48) 94|
|Kfz characteristics:|| |
|economics & traffic|
|Next int. Airport:||Airport Stettin|
|kind of municipality:|
|Mayor:||Henryk Bieńkowski (2006)|
|address:|| ul. Ratuszowa 13 |
|Web operational readiness level:||www.kolobrzeg.pl|
Kołobrzeg [kɔˈwɔbʒɛk] ( ? / License) (German Kolberg ) is a pommersche port in the Woiwodschaft Westpommern in the north of Poland at the Baltic Sea. Kołobrzeg is Sol - and health spa, the inhabitants predominantly live on the tourism and the fishery economy.
Table of contents
The city is in the north of the Woiwodschaft Westpommern directly at the Baltic Sea coast and because of the delta of the river Persante. The city extends to approx. 1,800 hectars. The Woiwodschaftshauptstadt Stettin is appropriate for about 150 km southwest from Kołobrzeg far away, tonext larger neighbour city, Koszalin (Köslin), there is 41 km.
according to archaeological investigations exists already between that 7. and that 8. Century a settlement, those the exploitation of the salt springs at the deltathe Persante serves. In the year 1000 Kolberg is mentioned first in a chronicle of German bishop Thietmar von Merseburg as seat of a diocese under the name salsa Cholbergiensis. Bishop is pure Berne from Saxonia.
1255 receive the municipal law to Kolberg after that Lübi right. The citizens predominantly live on the maritime trade, the salt dismantling and the fishery. 1300 are begun with the building of the main church, the today's Kolberger cathedral. 1361 become Kolberg German Hanseatic city and remain up to the year 1610 in that Hanse. In this bloom time of the city are salt production, the salt trade and fishing the main sources of income Kolbergs and bring much prosperity. Since beginning 14. Century possessed Kolberg its own right of coining money with exception of the coinage of gold coins. The right of coining moneybecame 1548 by emperors Karl V. confirmed. 1530 were introduced to Kolberg the reformation.
In 17. Century depopulates itself Kolberg by the dreissigjährigen war and its effects. In the future the fortress Kolberg is besieged several times, among other things in Seven-year-olds war and last 1807 by the troops Napoleons. By the successfully repelled FE storage became famous by Gneisenau, by Schill and Nettelbeck. This success was glorifiziert in the propaganda film Kolberg.
After the reorganisation of the circle arrangement in the Prussian stateafter the Viennese congress belonged the city Colberg (way of writing at that time) to 1816 to the circle Fürstenthum in the governmental district Cöslin (for the 1920er years: Köslin) in the Prussian province Pommern. With dissolution of the circle Fürstenthum to the 1. September 1872 became Colberg seatthe land advice for the new circle Colberg Cörlin.
19. Century is characterized by a long economicalUpswing and the development Kolbergs to a Prussian sea, moorland and a saltwater bath.1872 are waived the fortress on imperial arrangement. In the first half 20. Century is those about 33,000 inhabitants large city on the one hand prosperierender bathing resort, on the other hand seat ofPrussian army command departments with numerous barracks.
1891 were arranged by official definition the way of writing of the city with „K " = Kolberg. At the 1. May 1920 left the municipality Kolberg the circle Kolberg Körlin and formed since then its own urban area. With the latter1939 Kolberg of 36,760 inhabitants had German census, from whom 94% admitted themselves to the Evangelist faith. At the end of January 1945 in Berlin to date most expensive and most complex German monumental film named “Kolberg” one uraufgeführt. In this holding out film worth seeing turned in Agfacolorover this formerly German city numerous well-known actors participated (among other thingsKristina then the tree and Heinrich George).
with the fights for the city at the end of the Second World War is destroyed Kolberg to 90 per cent. After that Only about 2,200 Germans in Kolberg live driving out in May 1945. The Polish citizens again consulting of the city renamed in Kołobrzegs must again develop the completely destroyed infrastructure.
1950 lives about 7,000 humans here, 1960 already is it 17.000.Starting from 1975 a turn takes place in the building politics Kołobrzegs. Instead of larger disk's buildings since then again predominantly smaller houses on the old, historical road raster develop.
objects of interest
- Budzistowo (German name old part of town) is two to three kilometers south the today's city convenient a former castle plant to the Persante. Is worth seeing a small brick church of the beginning 13. Century as well as a smallSchlös.
- The Kolberger cathedral was mentioned first 1316. The tower of the brick church , a tower massif together-bricked from originally two towers is remarkable. In 2. World war strongly destroyed it was rebuilt from Poland and converted into a catholic church (Marienkirche). Of Pope Johannes Paul II. the city hall became 1829 raised 1986 into
- the rank of a Marienbasilika - 1832 after the drafts of the Prussian building master Karl Friedrich Schinkel build. It replaced a gothical city hall, that during the FE storage Kolbergs by those Frenchman 1807 destroyed was. Before the city hall a monument of the Prussian king Friedrich became William III. established. This was destroyed however 1945.
- The lighthouse was built after the Second World War as one of the first buildings again and is today a landmark of the city. It is on the remainders of an old Forts for the defense of the Kolberger of port.
- The sea-bridge Kolbergs is 220 meters long and at all seasons gladly visited
- that 1713 delighted Gneisenauhaus was 1807Seat of the commander of fortress August count Neidhardt von Gneisenau.
- The museum of the Polish weapons. Also a German Enigma is issued.
- The small city museum.
- With a small calm source strongly salty welfare water can be filled up.
- Kolobrzeg/Kolberg belonged of1361 to 1610 to the Hanse and the wealth of the city were to be owed also to the always modernized port.
- Hans Heinrich of hero 1801 were banished after Kolberg. It wrote later a history Kolbergs and is thatTo avail itself author of the influential writing over the sea bath with Colberg and the best and wohlfeilste kind the same with use.
- Paul Hinz, *1899 bath Polzin. 1930-1945 Domprediger in Kolberg, after 1945 Superintendent in half. The resistance belongingin third realm. Saved 1945 valuable cathedral treasures (among other things the famous Schlieffenkrone, Taufbecken), to see today again in the Kolberger cathedral. Appreciation of the German Evangelist clergyman in the today Polish catholic cathedral by two diagrams.
Literature: Paul Hinz (1936) “the Kolberger Domn and itsBildwerke "; Paulus HINZ “beggar and praise singer” (plastics of its son, the 17jährig the deceased earthling Michael Hinz, *6.6.1933 Kolberg, +9.9.1950 half).
- Gentleman Mr. deer field, father of the Magnus deer field born in Kolberg, was Medizinalrat and bath physician. It made itself in the middle 19.Century around the introduction of drains in the rising health spa earns Kolberg.
- Magnus deer field; *14.5.1868 Kolberg, + 14.5.1938 Nice. Physician and Sexualfor. Literator: Ralf box (2005) “Magnus deer field”.
- Friedrich Ludwig Jahn, Prussian founder of the gymnastic, also “turn father Jahn” mentioned,five years lived as banishing in Kolberg.
- Egon Krenz, *19.3.1937 Kolberg, former GDR politician.
- Joachim Nettelbeck, geb.20.9.1738 Kolberg, gest. 19.6.1824 Kolberg. Sailor and citizen representative during the FE storage 1807. Publication of its biography by J.C.L.Haken (1. and 2.Band 1821 resounds, to 3.Band1823 Leipzig).
- Hermann Plüddemann, * 17.7.1809 in Kolberg, + 24.6.1868 in Dresden. Historical-scenes painter and Illustrator, since 1848 Professor. in Dresden. Pupil of Begas in Berlin (1828) and Schadow in Duesseldorf (1831). Works among other things “Kolumbus and its see country”(1836, national gallery Berlin, today verschollen), “death Friedrich Barbarossas” (1846), “Heinrich in Canossa” (1863); Fresken in lock Heltorf and city hall Elberfeld (1844, 1945 destroy); Illustrations to German legends and classical authors, among other things “German Balladenbuch” (1852). Literature: among other things Corner hard May (2004) “HermannFreihold Plüddemann ".
- Martin Plüddemann, * 29.9.1854 Kolberg, + 8.10.1897 Berlin. Balladenkomponist (called by smelling pool of broadcasting corporations Wagner more importantly German) and music paedagogue. 1878 Kapellmeister pc. Gallen, 1880 singing teachers and music critics in Munich, 1885 Landsberg/Warthe, 1860 Berlin, 1887 leaders singing academy Ratibor, 1890 conductorand music teachers in Graz (today Plüddemannstrasse, Plüddemann High School), since 1894 in Berlin. 48 Balladen and singing, starting from 1890 of W.Schmid, Nuremberg, given change. Literature: among other things Ludwig Schemann (1930) “Martin Plüddemann and the German Ballade”.
- Karl William Ramler, * 15.2.1725 Kolberg, + 11.4.1796.lyric poet. Translator, director of the national theatre Berlin. Its life's work 1800-18001 of Göckingk, Berlin became, when “poetic works” give change.
See also: List of battles
the land municipality (Polish Gmina) Kołobrzeg covers a surface of 145 km ² and has 7,500 inhabitants. The following 22 localities belong to:
- Błotnica (Spie)
- Bogucino (Bogenthin)
- Bogusławiec (Charlottenhof)
- Budzistowo (old part of town)
- Drzonowo (Drenow)
- Dźwirzyno (Kolberger Deep)
- Głowaczewo (Papenhagen)
- Grzybowo (Gribow)
- Kądzielno (Heinrichshof)
- Karcino (Langenhagen)
- Korzystno (alto Werder)
- Niekanin (Necknin)
- Nowogardek (Naugard)
- Nowy Borek (borrow again)
- Obroty (Wobrow)
- Przećmino (Prettmin)
- Rościęcino (Rossenthin)
- Samowo (Zamow)
- Sarbia (Zarben)
- Stary Borek (alto Bork)
- Stramnica (alto Tramm)
- Zieleniewo (Sellnow)
in the area thatMunicipality Kołobrzeg is appropriate also the close for the Baltic Sea convenient come by lake (Polish:Jezioro Resko Przymorskie), which is a popular recovery and fishing rod center. The Gmina maintains a partnership with the municipality Ferdinandshof in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. The city Kołobrzeg belongs to thatGmina not on, it forms its own municipality.
Web on the left of
- Internet operational readiness level of the city Kolberg
- Internet operational readiness level of the land municipality Kolberg
- travel guide Kolberg