under composting or gang one understands the decomposition of organic material by Destruenten (micro organisms, earthworms, woodlice and other small animals). One calls the final product of this procedure compost (lat. componere, build up).
Table of contents
with compost supplements one the most important component of the upper Bodenschichten, the humus. Compost has a relatively high water reservoir capacity, so thatPlants dry periods better outlast. It has often a high content of feeding elements, in particular phosphorus and potassium. Altogether manufacturer compost is a outstanding fertilizer and an excellent soil-better, if one supplements him with a nitrogen fertilizer and with surface soil merges.
To differentiate the garden compost is and from among other things local Entsorgern manufactured compost. The quality community compost differentiates between freshness and finished compost, Mulch and substrate compost. The characteristics differ also by different gang degrees or ripe stages, raw materials and Absiebungen.
The composting is a procedure running off in nature under supply of oxygen (aerob). Micro organisms diminish the structure-forming components (wood, cellulose etc.) of the plants. The biomass is led back again into its single components and is located then partially. the plants again asNutrient for the order.
With a lack of oxygen it comes to the usually unwanted rot. The oxygen-free kind of the rotting (anaerobic) can be produced purposefully, as green property is given to a hermetic fermenter. Change in thisBacteria the green property in fermenting property over, whereby they deliver methane as Stoffwechselprodukte in particular. This can be used in place of natural gas for the drive by vehicles or for heating purposes. Fermenting property is usually nachkompostiert aerob.
in the garden, in the agriculture and in the refuse economy is purposefully used the composting, in order to convert organic substances fast and controlled into earth. (Also due to smell delivery) an unwanted rot can be prevented by suitable ventilation. Is just as importanta regulated humidity household. The compost may drain during the Kompostiervorgangs neither nor be to wet. The Kompostiergeschwindigkeit can be increased by lagging in accordance with the RGT rule (Thermokomposter).
Also the mixture of the Kompostierguts is important. The relationship from nitrogen to Carbon in the raw material must be balanced, in order to offer to the micro organisms suitable food. A mixture from green plant material and dry plant material (z is general. B. Hay, straw), if necessary. also strongly cut up branch work and animal-faithfully suitably. Coffee set attracts worms andaffects the Kompostiervorgang particularly positively. Cooked leftovers or sweet in the compost save the danger, rats, to attract dogs or Waschbären. One can - however non must in addition-give Schnellkomposter. Compost is falsely called fertilizer. It is correct thatit micro organisms as energy source serves. Due to their vital function develop Stoffwechselprodukte, which serve again higher plants than structure materials.
Preparation of a compost for the vegetable and Obstgarten
the compost rent consists of a clean place as central as possible in the garden and with step-firm flags is therefore bordered, under which the earthworms take also gladly refuge. The sole of (at bestat least two) up to 2 meters broad heaps are centrically something increased from good soil and, so that no excessive humidity can accumulate. Depending upon climate the plant under trees or in a wind-protected place is advisable. Rain quantities to 850mm normally require no cover with a fabric tarpaulin (without PVC!), it hands the cover with lawn cut against too much solar heat and for isolation. The length of the heap amounts to for 100 m ² garden of about 3-4 meters. A water place becomes additional anda stock pile for loam needs. Silo (without PVC !) are somewhat more space-saving, on air and grounding connection is to be respected.
- Leaves must, where it, only through-withered results, depending upon tree species it are touched down later.
- Green cut and weeds, in differentSizes mixed with brushwood for aeration
- wood in smaller sizes up to distributed wood shavings
- of kitchen wastes, but best only pestizidfreie wastes, because for example the bowls of tropical fruits the development of the micro organisms can obstruct. These wastes in the case of doubtdeposit somewhere for many years. No cooked leftovers, these bring too much salt in the heaps and attract thieves.
- Human excrement has absolutely nothing on a garden compost for epidemic-hygenic reasons lost
- from these as heterogeneously as possible components becomes a layer of approx. 20cm stacked up and completely thinly similarly like Puderzucker fine lime flour up-strewn.
- Whereupon about 200 comes g/m ³ animal muck or animal wastes such as horn flour or bone flour. To consider is, the z. B. Medicine traces also again a negative influence upthe micro organisms in the Komposthaufen to have can.
- Finally a centimeter-thick layer lehmige earth comes over it. The whole is mixed by knocking with the pitchfork. Alternatively liquefied clay/tone or Montmorillonit instead of loam earth ( S. can. Bentonit, but without chem. Additives!) as particularlygood clay/tone humus complexing agent to be given.
Thus develops layer on layer a first pyramid-similar heap, which must be still moistened. If it becomes drying, it develops too much warmth, which could be attached only with suspicion on Unkrautsamen, parasite worm eggs or mosquito larvae. Becomes ittoo damp, the compost gets too little air and it develops harmful rot. An exemplary maintained compost does not develop unpleasant smells.
As cover an airy layer seed-free lawn cut is recommended, so that itself the earthworms with approx. 18Degrees of Celsius probably-feel so correct. Possibly the compost should become “inoculated” now still with earthworms and the finished compost of a more advanced Nachbars.
If the earthworms left the heap again, one knows the heap with the rake from top to bottomconvert once. In the summer after six to eight weeks an useful worm humus developed in such a way, which offers the best basis in smallest quantities yielded for a healthy plant life.
Soaping ore stressed to bring never directly fresh green mass into the soil lures thisand. A.Wire worms and mole crickets on. In principle all agricultural wastes and also the additives move only over the Komposthaufen into the soil.
With this restaurant economics Alwin obtained soaping ore (see literature) for many years on an originally unsuitable soil z. B. with that Potato up to 550 dz /ha, with annually increasing nutrient content of the soil.
- black earth, Terra preta - special one natural, komposthaltige soils
- Löss, powdered mineral, (Urgesteinsmehl), clay mineral - to kinds of rock and minerals
- nitrogen adjustment, Stickstoffkreislauf, phosphoric acid - chemical ones background
- to the hygiene in the garden see z. B. Fox tapeworm and. A. under parasites of humans
Alwin soaping ore: Gardners, fields - without poison, conventional stone publishing house, Munich 1980 ISBN 3764201509