the Krain (Slovenian Kranjska) is a landscape in Slovenia, which takes the majority of the country and approximately around the capital Ljubljana (loaf oh) lies. Since the establishment of Slovenia 1918as administrative unit void, it was before it since the early Middle Ages its own rule range. The former main castle of the country is northwest of Kranj (Krainburg) about 35 km.
Table of contents
thosetraditional, however flowing, organization takes place in upper and Unterkrain (Gorenjska and Dolenjska), whereby Ljubljana (loaf oh) is because of the border. Anschließend an die Unterkrain (oder ihr zugehörend) liegt im Westen die Innerkrain (Notranjska) mit den Hochkarst-Regionen des Ternowaner und Birnbaumer of forest and the cities Idrija and Postojna (aristocracy mountain). In the east, around Metlika (German: Möttling), lies the Weisskrain (Bela Kranjska). The Oberkrain is coined/shaped by the alps (Steiner alps, Karawanken and Julier), the Unterkrain by the Karst. This distinction strikes itself also in the customs and the dialects down (see. Slovenian dialects)
of districts of the Krain
The Unterkrain covers:
- the southern part of the district Ljubljana (loaf oh), as well as:
- Novo Mesto (Rudolfswert),
- Kočevje (Gottschee),
- Krško (Gurkfeld),
- Postojna (aristocracy mountain)
in the antique one was the area part thatProvince Pannonien. In the time of the people migration here an important passage area of Germanic trunks on their way was to Italy by the passport of the Birnbaumer of forest. The Langobarden established itself here first. After its departure to Italy in the year 568 the region became over 590 of Slovenes (Alpenslawen or Windi) settles. In 8. Century came the country together with Kärnten as Karantanien at Bavaria and with this to the Franconia realm. 1040 were organized it as own Mark county and church cared for from Aquileia. 1335 came thatMain part after becoming extinct the counts von Görz to the having citizens. 1394 were raised it to the duchy. With all Erbteilungen of the having citizens it was a part of inside Austria, i.e. it was administered from Graz.
apart from a short Intermezzo 1809 - 1814, where it with Kärnten, Triest, Dalmatien among other things among the Illyri provinces of France , belonged it ranked until 1918 to Austria. Subsequently, it came to the SHS kingdom, where it was combined with the slowenischsprachigen lowest egg Mark and since that time the history of Sloveniadivides.
In the area around Gottschee (Kočevje) there were 14 since that. Century a German-language group of peoples, which was evacuated during the Second World War under Italian administration into the lowest egg Marks (approx. 15.000, see also: Gottscheer).
The duchy Krain had in the year 19009,955 km ² and 520,000 inhabitants. Of it 30-50,000 was German-language. A coherent German-language group of peoples is no longer present today, after the driving out at the end of the Second World War.
- the Austrian-Hungarian monarchy in word and picture. Bd. Kärnten and Krain. Graz 1995 (original-faithful rendition of the expenditures. Vienna 1891).
- Peter Stih: Studies for the history of the counts von Görz. ThoseMinisterialen and Milites of the counts von Görz in Istrien and Krain. (= reports of the institute for Austrian historical research. Ergänzungsbd. 32). Vienna and. Munich 1996.
- Reports of the Musealvereins for Krain. 1866 appeared and. 1889 - 1907.
- Carniola. Magazine for local history and geography. Reports D. Musealverein for Krain. Appeared:1908 - 1918/19.
- Memo healings of the historical association for Krain. Appeared 1846 - 1868.
Web on the left of
- http://www.linguist.de/reese/Laender/slowenien.html (inclusive. Languages)
- http://www.gottschee.at international Website of the working group of the Gottscheer homeland associations with extensive information about the former German language island Gottschee - inclusive. the digital Gottscheer archives and thatGottscheer photo album.
- http://www.gottschee.de extensive Website over the topic Gottschee - with many background informations over the tragic resettlement of the Gottscheer and the Absiedlung/Deportation of the Slovenes from their traditional homeland in the lowest egg Mark.