A crib play takes place rarely also in schools or as private demonstration at families. It concerns with the piece the birth Jesu, which is usually represented at Christmas eve, in the church. The crib play has each year in the church tradition and, in in each case different representations is usually demonstrated.
After the excessive quantity decrease/go back both the crib play and Christkindlwiegen of the Dominikanerinnen and the Weihnachtskrippe to the year 1223 . At that time represented Franz of Assisi in the forest of Greccio with living animals and humans the Weihnachtsgeschehen in the view on the three-king celebration and since then promoted the Franziskaner this representational form, which held itself also after the reformation.
To table of contents
the main roles
- of Josef
- the holy three kings (Melchior, Caspar, Balthasar)
usually used materials
- song note
- flow diagram (when become which songs sung)
- possibly acoustic equipment (microphone, loudspeaker…)
- Window blinds for the crib play
- of costumes of the actors
- notes with that by heart to learning texts
- Christian child doll for the crib
- star of Betlehem
- fire place
- of sheep
- of gifts of the holy three kings (gold, Weihrauch, Myrrhensalbe)
- Josef and Maria must due to a census back into its place of residence Betlehem.
- There arrived Josef looks for an accommodation and has for some attempts also success. It and its wife may in a sheep stable stay overnight, where Maria brings her child to the world.
- An angel appears the Hirten, who reports to them that the welfare and is born.
- The Hirten come to the stable and regard the miracle.
- The three holy kings experience from the birth of the child by star interpretation and the statement of a prophet and make themselves on the journey after Betlehem.
- The three holy kings find Josef and Maria with Jesus in the crib and present her gifts.
- star of Bethlehem
- gentleman Mr. star
- holy one of three kings
- three-king day