|of these articles is concerned with the Roman-catholic Kurie. Further see: Kurie (term clarifying).|
Table of contents
than forerunners of the office of the secretary of state can thoseunder Martin V. created camera secreta to be regarded. It was first responsible for the completion of the confidential correspondence of the Pope, took over in the following centuries however ever more extensive functions of the administration.
1542 arranged already Paul III. the Inquisition as first repeats meeting cardinal commission. Further commissions alsofirmly followed outlined fields. From their regular meetings soon constantly active administrative structures developed, in which continuously working clerics replaced the cardinals.
1588 created Pope Sixtus V. with the constitution “Immensae Aeterni Dei” as the first a uniform organization form, by arranging the existing authorities andthe Kongregationensystem consisting of 15 Kongregationen furnished. This creation of a uniform management system for world church and church state is considered as birth of the Roman Kurie. Nevertheless there were changes in the office structure of the Kurie and shifts of the scopes of responsibility in the process of the centuries always again.
The decree Christ Dominus the second Vatikanums says to the institution of the Kurie: “With the practice of the highest, full and direct force over the total church the Pope avails himself of the authorities of the Roman Kurie. Therefore these provide their office in its name and with its authority for the well-being of the churchesand as service, which they carry for the geweihten Hirten out. “
The current Codex Iuris Canonici of 1983 defines the role of the Kurieas follows:“The Roman Kurie, by which the Pope tends to procure the business of the total church and which its task in its name and its authority exercises to well-being and to the service at the partial churches, consists of the office of the secretary of state or papal secretariat, the advice for thosepublic affairs of the church, the Kongregationen, the Courts of Justice and other mechanisms, whose order and competence are fixed by special law. “
Pope Johannes Paul II. if the Kurie gave its current face to 1988 in the Apostoli constitution “minister bonus”, vacated however at the same time again and again, last in itsLetter “Novo millennio ineunte” (2001), the necessity for reforms: “Which concerns the reform of the Roman Kurie (...) (...), remains surely still much to do. ”
After Pope Benedikt XVI. at the 11. March 2006 the line of the papal advice of the Seelsorge for Migranten and travelers and the papal advice for justice and peace as well as the line of the papal advice for the inter+religious dialogue and the papal advice for the culture folded up, sees vatikanische observers therein first beginnings of a Kurienreform beginning. However it means in the official announcements of the holy one Chair that these pools are “provisional”.
connections with the state of the Vatikanstadt
of the Kurie, which is responsible for the line and administration of the total church, the government of the state of the Vatikanstadt must be according to international law strictly differentiated. This is howevernot always easily and clearly, since certain institutionale linkages exist. However the fact that the Pope has six different households, makes clear, how sometimes the competencies can be.
The Vatikanstaat is the territorial basis of the international-law sovereignty of the holy chair. The State of thatVatikanstadt goes internationally not into action, but leaves to the Hl. Chair as subject of international law the diplomatic agency. The Institutionale cross-setting of Kurie (Hl. Chair) and government of the Vatikanstadt is justified in the fact that the Pope is simultaneous also sovereign of the state of the Vatikanstadt.
Since 1984the cardinal undersecretary of state is assigned the constant agency of the Pope in the lay line of the Vatikanstaats. The government lies however in fact in the hands of a papal commission consisting of seven Kurienkardinälen. She is appointed by the Pope in each case for five years and is main forthe definition of the financial and budgetary policy of the Vatikanstadt responsibly. The presidents of the commission (z.Zt.) One as a kind head of the government can regard Edmund Casimir cardinal Szoka. The Secretary-General with the Governatorato, responsibly for the central administration, is subordinated to the commission.
The office space of the Kurienverwaltung findsonly to a small part on the territory of the Vatikan, the remaining departments are settled at other places in Rome, usually on exterritorialen surfaces, partly in addition, on Roman city.
the Roman Kurie consists of the following Dikasterien:
Office of the secretary of state
most important one political mechanism is the office of the secretary of state, that from the cardinal undersecretary of state (z.Zt.: Angelo Sodano is led). As first coworkers of the Pope in the line of the universal church the cardinal undersecretary of state can as the highest representative of the diplomatic and political activities of the holy chair regardedbecome, which represents the person of the Pope under certain circumstances.
The office of the secretary of state becomes into the section for general affairs, also first section, (“ministry of the Interior”) and into the section for relations with the states, also second section, (“State Department”) partitions.
The first sectionthe final editorship and feed of all letters of the Kurie takes over, and coordinates the activity of the remaining Dikasterien supervises and papal authorities, provides statistics and is responsible for the medium work of the holy chair. Also the papal agencies abroad are led by the first section, in particular, whichit concerns, beyond that leads their contact to the local churches the negotiations with the diplomat accredited with the Vatikan. The post office in and - exit is worked on by eight different languages assigned departments.
The second section is for all interests of the relations with other countries and internationalInstitutions responsibly, which are not independently regulated by the respective agencies of the holy chair in the countries concerned. Beyond that she takes over the protection of interests of the Pope with international congresses and negotiations. In countries, in which concordats exist, the second section negotiations leads across bishop appointments. Thatlargest part of the papal diplomatic corps works in this section, however the coworkers change frequently into the agencies in all world.
Zurzeit has the office of the secretary of state of scarcely 150 coworkers, in lower ranks also laymen and women, plus numerous external advisor.
those Kongregationen are after subjects subdivided administrative organs of the Kurie. They are collegial written and by one Kardinalpräfekten and two secretaries are led. The first constant Kongregation was the 1542 of Pope Paul III. formed Congregatio Romanae et Universalis Inquisitionis (late briefly “Sanctum Officium”).
The Kongregrationen inOverview:
- Kongregation for the faith teachings: Protection and promotion of the faith and Sittenlehre in the whole catholic church
- Kongregation for the eastern churches: Connection with the catholic, eastern churches (preservation of the inheritance of the different eastern Christian traditions)
- Kongregation for the service and the Sakramentenordnung: Responsibly for all liturgical and sakramentalen questions
- Kongregation for the blessed and holy speaking processes: Responsibly for the affairs of a Kanonisierung
- Kongregation for the Evangelisierung of the peoples: Evangelisierung and mission in the whole world
- Kongregation for the Klerus: Out and further training of the Klerus,Katechese, “personnel administration”
- Kongregation for the institutes of the geweihten life and for the communities of the apostolischen life: Responsibly for all affairs of Christian life, medal life and life Kongregation
- for the catholic training system klerikalen: Responsibly for Universities of, institutes, schools etc.
- Kongregation for the bishops: Responsiblyfor all affairs, the bishops concern (appointment, Synoden…)
Each Kongregation has a staff of approximately 25 coworkers. Decrees of the Kongregationen are signed by the respective Präfekten, but became the appropriate decisions before by cardinal committees, partly under presence of local bishops and under the presidency of thePope, met.
Courts of Justice
the Roman Kurie has three Courts of Justice:
- Highest Court of Justice of the Apostoli signature: Highest court of the Kurie
- Roman Rota: Protection of the rights of the church, uniformity of the iurisdiction
- Apostoli Pönitentiarie: Responsibly for absolute absolute, dispensations, grace proofs
momentary exist 11 papal advice:
- Papal advice for the laymen
- papal advice for the promotion of the unit of the Christians
- papal advice for justice and peace
- papal advice “Cor Unum “
- papal advice of the Seelsorge for Migranten and traveler
- papal advice forthe Pastorale in the patient service
- papal advice for the interpretation of legal texts
- papal advice for the inter+religious dialogue
- papal advice for the culture
- papal advice for social means of communication
- papal advice for the family
- Apostoli chamber / Camera Apostolica by the Camerlengo led
- administration of the goods of the Apostoli chair / Administratio Patrimonii Sedis Apostolicae
- prefecture for the economic affairs of the holy chair / Praefectura rerum oeconomicarum Sanctae Sedis
- prefecture of the papal house or Pontificalis Domus (Präfekt: James Michael Harvey)
- office for the liturgical celebrations of the Pope
- Central office for church statistics
- archives of the second Vatikani council
- international one theological commission
- Vatikani library
- Vatikani secret archives
- Governat of the Vatikanstaates
- papal academy of the sciences
- hut of building of cathedrals of pc. Peter
- Päpstl. Commission for the Vatikanstaat
- Päpstl. Commission for the cultural properties of the church
- Päpstl. Commission for the sakrale archaeology
- Päpstl. Bible commission
- Päpstl. Commission for the revision and improvement of the Vulgata
- international theologian commission
- Päpstl. Commission for the international you air tables congress
- Päpstl. Commission for the historical sciences
- papal commission “Ecclesia Dei “
- Disziplinarkommission of the Roman Kurie
- central committee for thatHoly year 2000 (meanwhile dissolved)
other institutions, those with the Roman Kurie in connection stand
- for Swiss guard
- Vatikani museums
- Vatikani secret archives
- Vatikani library
- papal academy of the sciences
- radio Vatikan
- hut of building of cathedrals of pc. Peter (“Fabricia pc. Petri "). Leader: Francesco Marchisano
- papal charity service
- Vatikani printering
- Vatikani publishing house
- Institut for church mechanisms (IOR) (Vatikanbank)
- Vatikani information service
- L'Osservatore Romano (Vatikanzeitung)
- Vatikani telephone exchange
- press office of the Hl. Chair
- Vatikani television center
- papal University of Gregoriana
- papal University of Urbaniana
- papal Lateranuniversität
- papal university of Thomas's von Aquin
- papal one international Institut von St. Anselm
- Papal Salesianeruniversität
- papal university of the holy cross
- papal academy for the life
- papal academy of the social sciences
- Päpstles labour office
Web on the left of
|Wiktionary: Kurie - word origin, synonyms and translations|
- overview of the Roman Kurie
- catholic church in Germany: The Roman Kurie
- the Roman Kurie
- data baseto the tombs and careers of the cardinals in Renaissance and baroque
- speech Giovanni Lajolas over the structure of the Kurie
- all offices of the Roman Kurie (norweg. Side, but the designations can be read with little trouble)