the Lössnitzgrundbahn (also “Lössnitzdackel “mentioned) is one of the last still existing narrow-gauge railways in Germany, on which in the everyday life enterprise steam engines with the track width are used by 750 mm.
Wheel castle should first by the line Dresden - local edge to the Eisenbahnnetz to be attached. Since this distance was not built however, there was the suggestion on the part of the Saxonian government 1881 to establish a narrow-gauge railway from Radebeul to wheel castle. Already in October 1883 with the building one began. The distance became to 16. September 1884 as 4. Saxonian narrow-gauge railway open and is with 11 stations 16.5 km long.the German National Railroad of the GDR came the Lössnitzgrundbahn in the year 1994 into the possession of the German course AG. In the station Radebeul east came in it so regularly for contrastful meeting between steam locomotives and ICE courses and the same company. Up to the assumption of the narrow-gauge railway by a private enterprise from the ore mountains the Lössnitzgrundbahn was the last distance of the railways AG with daily steam locomotive employment.
Since that 11. June 2004 belongs the Lössnitzdackel to the BVO course GmbH, which operates also the Fichtelbergbahn and the white cutting valley course.
The critical points of the distance:
- 0.0 km Radebeul east, at the same platform of the rapid-transit railway line 1 Dresden - Meissen 113 m and. NN
- 1.5 km of white Ross directly at the “Leipziger road” with Schienenkreuzung with the streetcar. 117 m and. NN
- 3.5 km Lössnitzgrund 143 m and. NN nearby the Bilzbades
- 4.7 km peace forest Hp (local part book wood)
- 6.1 km peace forest bath (local part Dippelsdorf)
- 8.5 km Moritzburg 177 m and. NN admits particularly by the hunting seat Moritzburg, Hengstdepot and game park
- 10.3 km Cunnertswalde with strange thing - lighthouse at the large pond (of 1790) - basis of the cure-Saxonian “high sea-squadron” August of strengthening
- 11.5 km barn village 167 m and. NN
- 13.8 km Berbisdorf 158 m and. NN
- 15.2 km Berbisdorf cultivation
- 16.5 km wheel castle 148 m and. NN
the railroad line leads among other things by the Lössnitzgrund and on a dam by the Dippelsdorfer pond.
- Claus Burghardt, Heiko Prautzsch: 100 years narrow-gauge railway between Radebeul and Radeburg in railway yearbook 84. transpress VEB publishing house for traffic, Berlin 1984