the district Lauban is a former district in Schlesien and existed as Prussian-German district in the time between 1816 and 1945.
The district Lauban covered at the 1. January 1945:
- the 4 cities Lauban, Marklissa, beautiful mountain (upper one. Louse.) and silk mountain
- as well as 62 further municipalities.
Table of contents
Kingdom of Prussia
at the 1. June 1816 stepped in former times Saxonian, now Prussian Oberlausitz of the governmental district Merseburg to the governmental district Liegnitz. From the remainder of the district Lauban the new circle Lauban was created. The office for land kind was in Lauban.
The final demarcation of the circle area took place at the 1. January 1820 by the following changes of the Kreisgrenze:
- Integration of the villages old and again Berthelsdorf, Beerberg, Eckersdorf, Gieshübel v. Bresl., Long oil, Logau, wall-hit a corner, upper, central and down Steinbach, Ober-, Mittel- and down Thiemendorf, bird village from the circle lion mountain into the circle Lauban,
- integration of the villages alto silk mountain, Bohra, Kundorf, again Klüx, NIC louse village, waiter NIC louse village, upper and down herd village, east oaks, Scheibau, city silk mountain, Wilcka and Zwecka from the circle Görlitz into the circle Lauban,
- integration of the villages Gruna, Hermsdorf, Hochkirch, Kieslingswalde, Kuna, summer side and Thielitz from the circle Lauban into the circle Görlitz,
- integration of the village Haugsdorf from the circle Bunzlau into the circle Lauban.
north Germans federation/German Reich large German realm
To 8. November 1919 was dissolved the province Schlesien. From the governmental districts Breslau and Liegnitz the new province Niederschlesien was formed.
To 30. September 1929 took place in the circle Lauban according to the development in the rest of Prussia a regional reorganization, with which all independent property goods were dissolved and neighbouring land municipalities were assigned.
At the 1. The Prussian provinces Niederschlesien and Upper Silesia were united to April 1938 to the new province Schlesien.
To the 1. January 1939 led the circle Lauban according to the now realm-uniform regulation the designation district.
To 18. January 1941 was dissolved the province Schlesien. From the past governmental districts Breslau and Liegnitz the new province Niederschlesien was formed.
the circle Lauban was divided first into the municipalities Lauban, Marklissa, beautiful mountain (upper one. Louse.) and silk mountain, in land municipalities and independent property goods.
With introduction of the Prussian municipality constitutional law of 15. December 1933 gave it starting from 1. January 1934 a uniform municipal constitution for all Prussian municipalities. The past municipalities led now the designation city.
With introduction of the German Gemeindeordnung of 30. January 1935 stepped to the 1. April 1935 in the German Reich a uniform municipal constitution into force, according to which the past country municipalities were called now municipalities. These were summarized in office districts.
A new circle condition was not any longer created; it applied further the circle order to the provinces east and west Prussia, Brandenburg, Pommern, Schlesien and Saxonia of 19. March 1881.
apart from the 1937 took place alteration of the designations:
- Meffersdorf: Wigandsthal,
- down Linda: Down lime tree,
- waiter Linda: Upper lime tree,
- Schwerta: Sword castle,
- Tzschocha: Rengersdorf,
- Wiesa: Meadow (Niederschlesien),
- Wilka: Wilke,
- Zwecka: Erlbachtal
remained it until 1945 with the imported German place names.
- Karl Hanke (*1903 in Lauban), gau leaders of Niederschlesien
- Heinz Kessler (*1920 in Lauban), GDR Secretary of Defense
- Hans Geisler (*1940 in Lauban), CDU politicians