|Land of the Federal Republic:||Lower Austria|
|political district:||Krems country (KR)|
|surface:||67.12 km ²|
|inhabitants:||7.068 (November 2004)|
|height:||219 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||3550|
|geographical situation:|| 48.4667 n. Break. |
15.6667 o. L.
|Municipality code number:||31322|
of the administration:
| Municipality Langenlois|
city hall road 2
Table of contents
Langenlois is in the southeast forest quarter at the lower end the Kamptales and because of the foot of the one hard mountain. The surface of the municipality amounts to 67.12 square kilometers, about which 27.25% are wooded. The loess offers a outstanding basis for the viticulture.
To the greater Langenloiscounts also the Katastralgemeinden Gobelsburg (with Zeiselberg), central mountain, Reith, Schiltern (with Kronsegg) and Zöbing.
The brook and the area became of thatSettlers from the north due to their feelings “Liubisa”, the “lovely one” designated. The name has repeats its form changed. Liubes, Lewbs, Leubs, Langenleys and finally Langenlois.
1082 give the diocese Passau to the Weinzehent to and around Liubisa to the monastery Göttweig, which already productive viticulturepresupposes. 1141 give to the Bavarian pin enriching mountain two Lehen duke Leopold in Liubes and the right wood from the forest between Kamp and Krems to refer. The viticulture and the “forties-forest” were closely connected with the settlement. The settlement was from beginning from two partsgrown, which differ in buildings. The “low Aigen” with the forties-houses, seat of the buyers and manufacturing ones and thus the markets: Grain place (Traidmarkt) and wood place. The “upper Aigen” of the meadow brook upward was the Weinhauersiedlung. The two Aigen had everyone their own judge andaround 1430 were combined. Langenlois received the market right to 1310; to select 1346 the right its judges themselves; 1411 are granted the Leonhardimarkt; 1518 are lent the coat of arms and to the Dorotheamarkt is granted. The prosperity of the citizens affected also cultural area. The parish churchto the Hl.Laurentius kept plentiful donations and donations, so that it could be increased and adorned repeated. The citizen NIC-read Gfeller established with the citizen hospital the Elizabeth chapel and endowed her plentifully. Despite the misery of the war and to the post-war period the city offers today the picture of a rising community.
objects of interest
- parish church to the holy Laurentius: gothical style, nave in the core Roman, wooden roof slab, Basilikaform by two side ships, increased Presbyterium with pointed-bend-tightness-curves; gothical altar shrine with five female holy figures; Wing of the painter Helmut Kies 1964 supplements: Scenes from the life of the holy Laurentius. ThatTower at the eastern end of the southern side ship, 1754-56 increased (56 m) and barockisiert, is in the possession of the municipality. 1959/60 took place a comprehensive renovation and feedback of the building of churches into the gothical building condition. 1982 were discovered a Karnergewölbe under the Presbyterium.
- Dreifaltigkeitssäule and/or. Plague column (1713) on thatGrain place; Plague-holy in ganzfiguriger execution and in relief representation. Sculptor: Andreas Krimmer.
- Numerous community centres, partly with arcade yards from the Renaissance time
- Nikolauskirche in the upper city, gothical building, 15. Century
- lock shark village
- looking gardens of the horticulture school Langenlois
the place has 7068 inhabitants alsoConditions 2005. After the result of the census 2001 there were 6875 inhabitants. 1991 had the municipality of 6367 inhabitants, 1981 6443 and in the year 1971 7071 inhabitants.
mayor of the municipality are since 1990 racer (ÖVP), director of city office are briefly an engineer. Robert Stadler. Formallythere is a work convention between ÖVP and SPÖ since April 2005, after the ÖVP lost the absolute majority for the first time since 1945. Therefore the Social Democrats place the vice-mayor for the first time with Heinz Altmann. In addition come for the five Katastralgemeinden Gobelsburg, central mountain, Reith, Schiltern andZöbing per ein/e Ortsvorsteher/in (all ÖVP except Gobelsburg: SPÖ).
The following mandate distribution prevails in the local council (town councillor):
- ÖVP 12 (3)
- SPÖ 8 (2)
- FPÖ OPAL 6 (the 2)
- GREENS 3 (1)
in the net:
economics and infrastructure
Nichtlandwirtschaftliche working places gave it in the year to 2001 286, country and forest-economical enterprises after the collection 1999 515. The number of the employed persons at the residence amounted to after the census 2001 3041. The activity rate lay2001 with 45,09 per cent.
- Road: Of the north coming from the Kamptal the B34, which further-runs over Hadersdorf direction the east.After Krems the B218, which flows with Gneixendorf into the B37.
- Rail: Langenlois lies to the Kamptalbahn, which run from victory mouth harsh suppl. to Hadersdorf. In Hadersdorf good transfer possibility direction Vienna, about one hour travel time into the Federal Capital.
Web on the left of
Aggsbach | Albrechtsberg to the large Krems | Bergern in the darkening A FORESt | Dross | Dürnstein | Furth with Göttweig | Gedersdorf | Gföhl | Grafenegg | Hadersdorf chambers | Jaidhof | Krumau at the Kamp | Langenlois | Lengenfeld | Lichtenau in the forest quarter | Maria Laach at the Jauerling | Mautern at the Danube | Mühldorf | Paudorf | Slot field | Tubing village with Krems | Rossatz Arnsdorf | Beautiful mountain at the Kamp | Senftenberg | Pointedly | Pc. Leonhard at the horn forest | Strass in the Strassertale | Stratzing | Weinzierl at the forest | White churches in the Wachau