the term running time becomes in physics, the acoustics, the electro-technology, which computer science uses as follows and in the economy as well as within the legal range:
- In physics this is generally the time, which needs a signal for the overcoming of a certain distance, for example the running timethe sound up to the arrival of the echo. With their assistance simple rangings are possible, see navigation, Echolot and radar by detection. The running time of light pulses can be used for the ranging, sees electronic range finding.
- In the acoustics this is the running time Δt ofacoustic signals and in electro-technology the running time Δt of electrical signals. For the direction hearing when natural hearing sound from the side produces a interaurale run time difference ITD of 0,63 ms at the ears. With the Stereo Lautsprecherwiedergabe becomes as loudspeaker signal for a hearing event direction 100%, according to a deflectionfrom 30° from the direction of a Lautprechers a run time difference of for instance Δ t = 1.5 ms (1 ms to 2 ms) needs. See:Localization (acoustics) and Laufzeitstereofonie and in electro-technology running time (electro-technology) and Delay (music), as well as correlation criteria and correlation.
- In geophysicsserve the running times of seismic wave the study of the earth's crust and/or. the shell construction of the earth, see run time diagram.
- In computer science there are two meanings of running time:
- the time interval, within those is implemented a software program in the main memory, sees running time (computer science).
- the iterated running timean algorithm, with which in theoretical computer science one measures, how long an algorithm as a function of the length of the input needs, in order to solve a problem.
- In the economy ssprache e.g. designates running time. the time between the emission and the repayment of a security at fixed interest,see running time (economics).
- In the right with contracts “running time” designates the validity period of a contract.
See also: Run time difference
|this side is a term clarifying for the distinction of several terms named the same word.|