table of contents
your parents separated, when them were six years old. Its nut/mother, Natalie Bacall, encourages her, to study classical dance and brings her later to the American Academy OF drama TIC kind.Betty accepts the name of its nut/mother, gives the school up and goes to the film. The hopeful actress had luck: End of the 30's and at the beginning of the 40's were a strong woman character such as bed Davis and Barbara Stanwyck very in demand. These tworedefined also the classical woman role; Women could be simply unfathomable suddenly strong and not only.
Howard Hawks, the director of credit and Nichthaben 1945 castete the Bacall on the advice of its wife Slim Keith, which Bettys had seen picture on the Cover of Harper's Bazaar. Betty is engaged for the film, begins with Humphrey kind of bending a relationship, which lures the film public in crowds into the cinemas, around itself from the mutualTo convince attraction from Bogart Bacall to.Warner supports its career and Bacall still arises in further films at the side of Bogie.
Bacall steps marriages
and family after the birth of their two common children vocationally somewhat more briefly,turns however far films. Kind of bending and Bacall are to bend kind cancer death in the year 1957 married from 1945. 1961 marry Bacall its colleague Jason Robards, with which she has likewise a child. 1969 become the marriage divorced.
Large one of successes at Broadway
on the canvas is to be seen only sporadic it starting from the 60's. But it has Cactus Flower 1965 and applause 1970, for which it a Tony Award at Broadway with the piecesreceives, enormous successes.1981 again win it for its representation in The Woman OF the Year a Tony Award. She is to be seen sporadically on the canvas, among other things in Robert Altmans Short CUTs and in the Barbra Streisand - Movie TheMirror has two Faces 1996. She is nominated for her role of Barbras nut/mother for the OSCAR.
- to ton have and have emergency (credit and Nichthaben), 1944
- The bend sleep (dead ones sleep firmly), 1946
- Dark passage (the unknown face), 1947
- keys Largo (port of the vice), 1948
- How tons marry A millionaire (as one fishes oneself a millionaire?), 1953
- Written on the wind (written into the wind), 1957
- Designing Woman (why hab' Isaid?), 1957
- Harper (a case for Harper), 1966
- Murder on the Orient express (murder in the Orientexpress), 1974
- The Shootist (The Shootist - the last sniper), 1976
- Misery (Misery), 1990
- Prêt à Porter, 1995
- The mirror has two faces (love has twoFaces), 1995
- Dogville, 2003
- Birth, 2004
- Manderlay, 2005
- the roles of my life (OT: Now). Econ, Duesseldorf 1996, ISBN 3-430-11113-7
Web on the left of
| | * Literature of and overLauren Bacall in the catalog of the DDB
|ALTERNATIVE NAME||Betty Joan tartar Perske|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||US-American actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||16. September 1924|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||New York town center|