|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||North Rhine-Westphalia|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 52° 1 ' N 8° 54 ' O 52° 1 ' N 8° 54 ' O
|height:||83-347 m and. NN|
|surface:||100.86 km ²|
|inhabitants:||42.602 (31. December 2005)|
|Population density:||422 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip code:||32657|
|municipality key:||05 7 66 044|
|city arrangement:||14 local parts|
| address |
of the city administration:
| Market place 1|
|mayor:||Dr. Pure oyster man (CDU)|
Table of contents
beside the town centerbelong the following local parts to Lemgo:
Lemgo became around 1190 of Bernhard II.based and was because of his situation at the crossover of two important trade routes of the Middle Ages for long timethe largest and most important city Lippes and came by its affiliation to the Hanse to substantial prosperity. 1527 crossed the prince to the Evangelist-reformed confession, so that into lip according to the principle cuius regio, eius religio the reformation was inserted. The lock lain outside of the cityBrake became 1584 residence of the counts the lip. The city became in the outgoing Middle Ages because of witch pursuit and - burn, which experienced its high point for the term of office of the mayor Hermann Cothmann (1667-1683), when „witch nest tituliert “.
The dreissigjährige war added Lemgo by quartering and Kontributionsleistungen badly. Only in 19. Century recovered the community again. The increase in the population after the Second World War caused a further social and structural upward trend.
partnerships between cities
- Vandœuvre lès Nancy, France, since 1979
- Beverley, Great Britain, since 1979
- Stendal, Germany, since 1988
Culture and objects of interest
- „the urban museum witch mayor house” showed to a few years ago some torture instruments outthe time of witch pursuit. Until at the end of of 2005 is documented the history as well as in the years 1998-2004 the reorganization of the witch mayor house in the exhibition, taken place, „BUET TO THIS STEDE A0 1571”.
- „Museum Junkerhaus Lemgo”
- „oil mill and mill museum”: Functional Wassermühle
- „the Weser Renaissance museum lock Brake” shows examplesfrom art and culture at present the Weser Renaissance.
- „The urban gallery house oak Mueller” shows drawing of a bill with works of contemporary artists.
- the witch mayor house with a front in styles of the Weser Renaissance from the year 1571
- into the UNESCO - list of the works of art ofEuropean rank taken up city hall in styles of the Weser Renaissance
- the churches: Pc. Nicolai (13. Jh.), pc. Marien (12. /13. Jh.), pc. Johann („the stump tower “of 1398 with a bell is outside of the town center)
- the old person abbey from that 16. Century, in 18. Century converted
- thatLock Brake (outside of the city center) became end 16. Century of the lippischen count Simon VI. to a representative surge tank developed. It is at the former location of one of the largest high-medieval castles of Westphalia.
- The Junkerhaus, a work of the artist Karl Junker provided with numerous artful Schnitzereienfrom the year 1891
- the building house mansion Klessmann sketched by Ernst Pethig is the only example of building house - architecture in Lemgo and environment.
- of everyoneYear in the summer is aligned the Lemgoer „Sommertreff”. The offer „in vain and outside” meetings taking place on the historical market place covers and. A. Road theatre and - art, Kabarett and live music of most diverse kind.
- Around Nikolaus (of first Thursday in December up to the following Sunday) that finds annualPeople celebration „Klä” instead of. It is the largest Weihnachtsmarkt in the region and offers beside a kilometer-long Budenstrecke also a multiplicity of current roundabouts and culinary delicious.
- Lemgoer straw roll: The Lemgoer straw roll is a culinary characteristic. It is considered as the most well-known pastry Lippes. If one follows an old excessive quantity, the prescription of an unknown soldier, after lip was brought to an baker-associated. This is to have participated in the Napoleoni war in Russia. There it is to have baked the rolls as supplying the troop. The pieces of yeast dough become older - afterRussian custom - before baking practice-hereditaryrests, which ensures a long durability. Are baked the rolls on a layer rye straw, which causes its unmistakable examination on the lower surface. Straw rolls are sold by Lemgoer baker masters until North America. Nationaltypical editions are the lippische Metz sausage, ham,Cheese, honey, jam, carrot herb or butter purely. Best one enjoys the Lemgoer straw roll furnace warm.
- Lemgoer beer breaker: Smoked raw sausage, freshly or depended.
Likewise it is to be mentioned that the “Lippi contactors”, in Lemgo one manufactured. Contents of the form bottle are Wacholder 32%vol. and became ofthe liquor company Schöttker in Lemgo manufactured.
economics and infrastructure
- the city operated by the regional course RB73 (the Lipperländer ) in the hour clock (Sundays in the two-hour clock), connected with Bielefeld. Lemgo operates a its own city bus - system with five lines andbelongs to the traffic group east Westphalia lip (the Sechser) .
- Zumtobel Staff as manufacturers of high-quality lighting installations
- Brasseler as manufacturers of Dentalinstrumenten
- Isringhausen GmbH & CO kg as manufacturers of the ISRI driver's seats for truck, penalty and commercial motor vehicles
- Brandt edge technology GmbH as manufacturers of high-quality Kantenanleimmaschinen forthe handicraft
- heating-plant construction Möller, planning and assembly of fireproof plants
- at present only local newspaper in the circle lip is the Lippi national newspaper.
- At the end of of 2003 Lippi round-look adjusted.
- Radio lip sends local message from the circle lip.
- Radio Triquency is thatCampusradio of the professional school lip and Höxter and has its Hauptsendestudio in Lemgo. It supplies the region with messages about university and current contributions from the region.
- „the local computing centre Minden Ravensberg/lip” with seat in Lemgo is in as a local Zweckverbandorganized information and Kommunikationsdienstleister of the three circles Herford, lip and Minden Lübbecke as well as their 35 cities and/or. Municipalities
of sons and daughters of the city
- Mauritius Piderit (1497-1576), theologian
- Johann Cothmann (1588-1661), lawyer and diplomat
- Simon Peter Tilmann (1601-1668), painters
- Hermann Cothmann (also Herman Cothman) (1629-1683), mayor von Lemgo and notoriously for his witch pursuits („witch mayors “)
- Maria Rampendahl, (1645-1705), last as a witch accused woman in Lemgo. It was acquitted.
- Engelbert fighter (1651-1716), founders of the Japanologie
- Christian William of Dohm (1751-1820), political and historical writer, Vorkämpferfor the emancipation of the Jews
- Karl Junker (1850-1912), painter, sculptor, architect
- Friedrich and August nozzle mountain (1876-1932 and/or. 1879-1955), founders of the enterprise nozzle mountain
- Karl Meier (1882-1969), Philologe, writer
- Ernst Pethig (1892-1956), architect, painter
- August Berlin (1910-1981), MdB
- Ruediger Klessmann (* 1927), art historian
- kind of hitting a corner Klessmann (* 1933),Writer
- pure hard Libuda (1943-1996), soccer player
- Peter Orloff (* 1944), hit singer, composer, Texter, producer and actor
- Ingrid beep he of heaths (* 1948), politician
- Roland shepherd (* 1949), politician
- Hans Ulrich Krüger (* 1952), politicians
- of peoples Zerbe (* 1968), Handballer
- Dagmar beautiful liver (* 1973), Comedian
the following personalities do not come native from Lemgo, however in the city worked:
- Bernhard II. (around 1140-1224), regent of the country lip
- Hermann Hamelmann (1526-1595), theologian
- William Adolf Scribonius (1550-1600), philosopher, physician and witch theoretician
- Johann Friedrich pure ore (1769-1820), Philologe, pro rector and rector of the High Schoolto Lemgo
- Marianne webers (1870-1954), sociologies and wife of the joint founder of the sociology max of webers
- briefly student (1890-1978), Air Force officer and war criminal
- Dietrich Ellger and Karl Eugen Mummenhoff (Hrg.), public curator of Westphalia lip, building and art monuments of Westphalia, city Lemgo (49. Volume, part of I), Münster 1983, ISBN 3-402-05049-8
- Westfäli city Atlas; Volume II; 8. Volume. On behalf of the historical commission for Westphalia and with support of the landscape federation Westphalia lip, hrsg. by Heinz Stoob † and Wilfried Ehbrecht. City briefcase Lemgo, author: Heinz Stoob, Dortmund/Altenbeken 1981. ISBN 3-89115-351-1
- Karl Meier, History of the city Lemgo, Lemgo 1962
Web on the left of
- city Lemgo
- of witch processes in Lemgo, prepares further ones
- multimedia left to the topic „to Lemgo “ in the open directory Project
- historical city Atlas Lemgo
- urban history Lemgos