|of these articles is concerned with the city Leonberg in Baden-Wuerttemberg. Further meanings are specified under Leonberg (term clarifying ).|
|Coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Baden-Wuerttemberg|
|kind of municipality:||Large district town|
|City arrangement:||Town center and 6 quarters|
|surface:||48.73 km ²|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 48° 48 ' N, 09° 01 ' O 48° 48 ' N, 09° 01 ' O
|height:||394 m and. NN|
|inhabitant:||45.607 (31. Dec. 2004)|
|Population density:||936Inhabitant for each km ²|
|postal zip code:||71201-71229 (old 7250)|
|municipality key:||08 1 15 028|
of the city administration:
| Belforter place 1|
Leonberg is a city in the center of the Land of the Federal Republic Baden-Wuerttemberg, about 13 km to the west of Stuttgart. With approx. 45,000 inhabitants is it behind Sindelfingen and Böblingen the third biggest city of the district Böblingen. Leonberg is Large district town and as central center proven. Until 1973 Leonberg was seat of the district of the same name, which was dissolved in the course of the circle reform.
Table of contents
Leonberg rest upon over the right slope of the Glemstales,a spur, a Ausläufer of the Engelberg, which is again part of the Glemswaldes. The Glems enters the city coming in the southeast of Stuttgart, flows then after northwest, turns with the quarter Eltingen after northeast, flows afterwards by the western town center (thoseOld part of town lies on the right of the river), then in the south of the quarter Höfingen by and leaves the city in the northeast toward Ditzingen again. The northern quarter Höfingen and giver home rank among straw gau.
following cities and municipalitiesborder on the city Leonberg. They are called in the clockwise direction beginning in the north:
Ditzingen and Gerlingen (district Ludwigsburg), Stuttgart (urban area) as well as liking city, Renningen and rod home (all district Böblingen)
Leonberg existsfrom the town center, which 1938 eingemeindeten, today with the town center together grown quarter Eltingen and in the context of the regional reorganization of 1975 integrated quarters giver home, Höfingen and Warmbronn. To the town center also the quarters silver mountain ( spatially separated) belong and Ramtel, the populated area garden city as well as further spatially separated living places with own name, like oak yard, Glemseck, “behind honour mountain”, Mahdental and black horse yard. Also in the quarter Höfingen one differentiates between spatially separated living places with own name, as for instance Tilgshäusleshof and tub yard.
The three 1975 integrated today's quarters giver home, Höfingen and Warmbronn are at the same time localities in the sense of the Gemeindeordnung of Baden-Wuerttemberg, i.e. they have in each case one of the population with each local election locality advice who can be selected again, whose chairman of the local chiefs is.
Leonberg is a central center in the region Stuttgart, whose upper center is Stuttgart. To the central range Leonberg belong still the cities and municipalities in the north of the district Böblingen, in detail: Renningen, rod home, because the city and White oh.
/49 became seen of count Ulrich I. from Württemberg the city Levinberch on the today's city of Leonberg bases. In the realm war against count Eberhard I. of Württemberg (1312 to 1316) took shelter Esslingen to Leonberg of the realm city, belonged however since 1383 finally to Württemberg and became seat of an office. In the dreissigjährigen war the plague half of the population raffte.
While the time of witch pursuits raisedthe Leonberger Vogt Lutherus Einhorn during its term of office (1613-1629) against 15 Mrs. Anklage because of Hexereiverdachts and left eight death sentences against “transferred” witches to execute. It acted in agreement with the Leonberger city authority and far parts of the population.
One the most well-known württembergischen Witch processes in Leonberg 1615 took place against Katharina Kepler , nut/mother of the imperial astronomer Johannes Kepler. In October 1620 Kepler could implement the release of its nut/mother.
During the reorganisation Württembergs at the beginning 19. Century became the office Leonberg 1806 to the upper office raised. 1846 were bred the dog race Leonberger from St. Bernard , Neufundländer and Pyrenees mountain dog. 1869 received the city connection to the Württembergi Schwarzwald railway. 1938 were built the angel mountain tunnel as first motorway tunnels of Germany and in the course of the local reform thatUpper office into the district Leonberg transfers.
The number of inhabitants of the city Leonberg exceeded 1961 the border of 20.000. Thereupon the city administration placed the request for collection to the large district town, which the federal state government of Baden-Wuerttemberg then with effect of the 1. October 1963decided. With the circle reform 1973 the district Leonberg was dissolved. The southern part and with it the city Leonberg Böblingen, the northern part of the circle came became the Enzkreis and/or to the district. the district Ludwigsburg assigned. With the integrationfrom three neighbour municipalities 1975 the city achieved its current expansion.
the population of Leonberg Speyer originally belonged and was the Archidiakonat pc. to the diocese. Trinitatis, land chapter Markgröningen, subordinates. Since the city belonged already early to Württemberg,starting from 1535 by duke Ulrich the reformation was introduced also here, therefore Leonberg was over centuries an predominantly Protestant city. 1552 became the city seat of a Dekanats, whose Dekanatskirche is the town church. The church municipality Leonberg grew after that The Second World War due to influx strongly on and therefore one divided. Thus the Blosenbergkirchengemeinde (church of 1966 ) developed. 1959 were already built in the garden city a community center for the there population. The church municipality in the quarter Eltingen exists likewise already sincethe reformation. Into the 1960er years the church municipality Ramtel (reconciliation church, builds 1965) was separated from this municipality. All four municipalities (town church, Blosenberg, Eltingen and Ramtel) form together the Evangelist total church municipality Leonberg. Also in the quarters giver home, Höfingen and Warmbronndue to the early affiliation to Württemberg the reformation was introduced. There is in each case therefore an Evangelist church municipality, which like the 4 municipalities Leonberg belong to the total church municipality to the Dekanat Leonberg within the Evangelist regional church in Württemberg.
There are catholics in Leonbergonly again since late 19. Century. For it 1946 its own Pfarrei were established and to 1950 its own church, pc. Johannes Baptista, built. To the church municipality also the quarter Warmbronn belongs, where it however an own community center pc. Franziskusgives. In the quarter Höfingen became 1966 the church pc. Michael delighted and 1967 to the Pfarrei raised. This cares for also the catholics from giver home. Both church municipalities form the Seelsorgeeinheit 6 in the Dekanat Böblingen of the diocese gang castle Stuttgart.
Beside the two largeThere are churches in Leonberg also to free churches and municipalities, among them the Evangelist methodistische church (Pauluskirche), the Adventgemeinde and the Immanuel municipality Leonberg registered association. Also the Neuapostoli church is represented in Leonberg.
- 1938: Eltingen
- 1. January 1975:Giver home, Höfingen, Warmbronn and silver mountain (municipality Renningen; it with already the quarter belonging to to Leonberg of the same name combined)
the numbers of inhabitants are estimations, census results (¹) or official updating of the respective statistic offices (only main domiciles).
¹ census result
- CDU 28.3% (- 5.7) - of 10 seats (- 6)
- FWG 27.0% (+4,5) - of 9 seats (=)
- SPD 20.4% (- 3.5) - of 7 seats (- 4)
- GABL 14.9%(+5,0) - 5 seats (+1)
- FDP/DVP 9.4% (+2,5) - 3 seats (=)
at the point of the city Leonberg mentioned since 1304 by the national gentleman appointed Schult-hot. Starting from 1425 that stepped in its place Vogt, which administered the entire office Leonberg at the same time. Starting from 1535 there was a Obervogt and a Untervogt. Both selected the judge. Besides there were 15 since that. Century of two mayors. Starting from 1759 an upper office man leads the city administration. An adviceit gives since 1312. Around 1523 it had eight members.
Since that 19. Century carried the city head the designation city-Schult-hot since 1930 mayors and with the collection to the large district town at the 1. October 1963 reads the office designation mayor.This is selected directly by the voters on eight years. He is a chairman of the local council. Its general deputy is the 1. Assigned to one with the office designation of first mayors and the 2. Assigned to one with the office designation mayor.
City heads since 1888
- 1888 -1903: Jakob Rüth
- 1903 - 1919: Rudolf Roth
- 1919 - 1932: God-help Funck
- 1933 - 1934: Rudolf Abele
- 1934 - 1945: Erwin Spindler
- 1945: Hugo spiral
- 1945 - 1947: Gotthold Ege
- 1947 -1948: Imanuel shepherd
- 1948 - 1953: Carl Schmincke
- 1953 - 1969: Otto Rexer
- 1969 - 1993: Dr. Dieter localdear
- 1993 - today: Bernhard Schuler
coat of arms and flag
the coat of arms of the city Leonberg shows inGold red reinforced and red bezungten, black, upright walking, three-swan goats lions. The city flies a flag is black yellow. Coats of arms and flag are already led for many centuries.
a partnership between cities maintains partnerships between cities Leonberg with the following cities:
- Berlin Neukölln, since 1970
- Belfort, France, since 1977
- Rovinj, Croatia, since 1990
- bath praising stone, Thuringia, since 1991
economics and infrastructure
Leonberg is by the federal motorways A 8 (Karlsruhe - Stuttgart and A 81 (peppering castle - Stuttgart) attached to the supraregional road system. Both motorways meet at the motorway interchange Leonberg, which south the town center is, one on the other. In direct proximity of the triangle is the connection point Leonberg. Plannedis to build beside this connection point Leonberg east also a connection point Leonberg west.
The public local passenger traffic (ÖPNV) above all the line S6 existing since 1978 serves of the rapid-transit railway Stuttgart, which operates on the Schwarzwald railway. It is a Nahverkehrsverbindung inthe state capital and after because the city. Apart from the critical point Leonberg gives it to stations in the quarter Höfingen and in the quarter silver mountain (stop rod home). Furthermore numerous Buslinien operate in the city. All lines operate at uniform prices within traffic andTariff group Stuttgart (VVS).
the Leonberger building society was created 1924 as Christian emergency federation to the mutual assistance of Christian Röckle in Leonberg. After assumption by desert-red the AG the Leonberger building society does not exist any longer.
From thatRobert Bosch GmbH arranges former company Motometer in the 90's an administrative and a development center with almost 1,000 jobs.
in Leonberg appearsas daily paper the Leonberger circle newspaper. Since October 2005 the Leonberger circle newspaper took over and supplies the coat of the Stuttgart newspaper from own editorship the local section for the city Leonberg, the partial places and the old circle Leonberg.
authorities,A tax office,
a notary's office and a district court, which belong to regional court - and OLG , has court and mechanisms Leonberg - the district Stuttgart. Furthermore is here a branch office of the district administration office Böblingen.
The city is also seat of the church district Leonbergthe Evangelist regional church in Württemberg.
in Leonberg are present all school types. With the Albert Schweitzer High School and the Johannes Kepler High School there are two High Schools. Further the Gerhart captain six-form high school, the Pestalozzischule (promotion school) exists the east ore AG six-form high school, August Lämmle (Reason and hauptschule), the Schellingschule (likewise reason and hauptschule), the reason and hauptschule Höfingen, as well as the pure primary schools in the town center (Mörikeschule, Sophie Scholl school and hospital school) and in the quarters giver home and Warmbronn.
The district Böblingen is school carrier of the Vocational school center (commercial, commercial one and house-economical school) as well as the Karl George Haldenwang school for mental-obstructed with school child garden.
The private Evangelist technical school for old person care rounds the school offer off in Leonberg.
culture and objects of interest
the theatre inHospital yard Leonberg is a music and a Theaterbühne for small art, music as well as child and youth theatre. Play place is the hospital school. Regular theatre presentations of different tour stages are to be seen in the town hall Leonberg.
- worth seeingis the medieval old part of town. At the historical market place numerous half timbered houses are to be admired. One of it is the old city hall, which together with the water tower on Engelberg represent the landmarks of the city. Further objects of interest are the Evangelist town church with Roman andgothical elements, the Schellinghaus, the city park with free air sculptures and the angel mountain tunnel.
- In the quarter Eltingen is to be seen „the most beautiful village route of South Germany “. The Evangelist Michaelskirche Eltingen was built 1487. This concerns a einschiffiges nave with net-serrate-tightness-curves and drawn inChoir. The tower has lategothical sound windows and a tent roof.
- The Evangelist church giver home was built 1588. The ship was cleared away and extended however 1968. In the tower still vorreformatorische Fresken is received.
- Höfingen possesses a parish church, their ship in the core gothicalis. The west tower is essentially from that 18. Century and has a tent roof.
- In Warmbronn is the Christian daring he house. The Warmbronner Evangelist church was built 1784 in the klassizistischen style.
the bitter-orange garden is one of the fewin Europe received terrace gardens from the time the high Renaissance. It was put on 1609 with the lock, which was used as widow seat of the württembergischen dukes. Starting from 1742 it was re-designed to the fruit and vegetable garden, but became it 1980 after original plans Heinrich Schickhardts again put on.
- yearly concert music association 1897 Lyra Eltingen registered association. in the town hall
- Eltinger road celebration
- Leonberger horse market in February with festive removal on the second Tuesday of the monthly
- old year evening celebrations on the market place in Leonberg andEltingen
- child and youth day in the city park
the city Leonberg lent the honour citizen right to the following persons:
- 1875: Otto Abel and wife Louise geb. Maier; Deacon
- 1885: Karl baron von Varnbühler,Minister of State (Höfinger honour citizen)
- 1922: Karl Maier, rector
- 1924: Karl Hegele, city male nurse
- 1937: Dr. Jonathan forge, ministers of economics and interior (some years ago posthum again denied)
- 1948: Hermann Kerler, office man
- 1951: Professor. August Lämmle, homeland poet
- 1952: Heinrich of longer ones, manufacturer
- 1958: Carl God praise Mueller, Bankdirektor
- 1962: Heinrich Staudt, Kfz master
- 1964: Reinhold Vöster, manufacturer
- 1969: Emil Bammesberger, manufacturer
- 1998: Professor. Dr. Albrecht Goes, minister
- 2000: Freely Otto, Architekt
sons and daughters of the city
- 1775, 27. January, Friedrich William Joseph of Schelling, † 20. August 1854 in bath Ragaz, Switzerland, was one the general agent of the philosophy of the German idealism.
- 1804, 27. January Gustav Griesinger, † 24. February 1888 in Ravensburg, Burschenschafter and poets
- 1815, 2. December, Christian Hoffmann, † 8. December 1885 in Rephaim/Israel, founder of the German temple colonies in Palestine
- 1899, 18. October, Erwin Schoettle,† 25. January 1976 in Baden-Baden, German politician (SPD), MdB, Bundestag vice-president.
- 1942, Rolf sour wine, artist and ball-point pen draughtsman
- 1947, Martin winter grain, chairman of the board the AUDI AG
- 1948, 25. February, Erwin Staudt, GermanManagers, former boss of IBM Germany, president of the VfB Stuttgart
- 1971, Tim vain, painter
- 1978, EH Briegel, musician, front woman the volumes July
further personalities, those with the city in connection stand
- for Katharina Kepler, Nut/mother of the astronomer Johannes Kepler, was acquitted 1620 during a witch process and escaped from death on the heap of failure.
- Württembergi city book; Volume IV volume Baden-Wuerttemberg volume 2 from “German city book. Manual of urban history -On behalf of the working group of the historical commissions and with support of the German city daily, the German standard ware and the German municipality daily, hrsg. by Erich Keyser, Stuttgart, the 1961
- Lorenz, S., Scholz, G. (Hg.): Böblingen. From the giant tooth to the microchip. Falling the city 2003 (ISBN 3-935129-09-2)
Web on the left of
official web pages of the city administration and their mechanisms
- Freiwillige fire-brigade Leonberg
- local association of the German red cross
- technical welfare organization (THW) OV Leonberg
- school of music Leonberger of associationsregistered association.
- Leonberger circle newspaper
- music association Lyra 1897 Eltingen registered association.
- Music association Hoefingen registered association.
- Music association city chapel Leonberg registered association.
- * In Baden-Wuerttemberg the fire-brigades are according to the fire-brigade law mechanisms of the cities and municipalities. With the THW it concerns the Hilfsorganistion of the federationand thus likewise not around an association.
Aidlingen | Old village | Böblingen | Bondorf | Deckenpfronn | Ehningen | Fermenting rings | Gäufelden | Grafenau | Gentleman mountain | Hildrizhausen | Holzgerlingen | Jettingen | Leonberg | Liking city | Mötzingen | Nufringen | Renningen | Rod home | Schönaich | Sindelfingen | Steinenbronn | Forest book | Because the city | Because in the beautiful book | White oh