|of the titles of this article is ambiguous. For further meanings see light forest (term clarifying).|
|Coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Baden-Wuerttemberg|
|geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 48° 45 ′ N, 09° 29 ′ O 48° 45 ′ N, 09° 29 ′ O
|height:||467 m and. NN|
|surface:||10.81 km ²|
|inhabitants:||2.512 (31. Dec. 2004)|
|Population density:||232 inhabitants for each km ²|
|postal zip code:||73669|
|municipality keys:||08 1 16 037|
of the local administration:
| Main street 34|
73669 light forest
|Bürgermeisterin:||Lucia Maria Herrmann|
light forest is convenient a municipality on the Schurwald in the district Esslingen, at the highway L1151 between realm brook to the Fils (4 km) and Schorndorf (7 km). Light forest consists of the two local parts Hegenlohe and Thomashardt, whose union took place 1971. Hegenlohe was mentioned documentary for the first time in the year 1173 and Thomashardt in the year 1324.
arrangement and Geografie
light forest consists of the two local parts Hegenlohe and Thomashardt, approx. 66% of the Gemarkung consist of forest.
The local part Hegenlohe lies on the wooded east slope (called under the native also hay mountain) of the realm brook valley and is surrounded like the Thomashardt settled on the elevator edge by the mixed woodlands of the Schurwaldes. The Gemeindegebiet extends from 342 to 480 meters height.
On the elevator way (a moving way from the citizen center to the nature friend house) one has a beautiful panorama with good view on the Alb and the areas lain before it. In southwest direction a remote view of approx. results. 50km, in more eastern of approx. 30 km.
the climate in light forest becomes somewhat rougher than in the falling valley. In the course of the day a temperature difference of 1-3 can occur °C in the comparison to the valley. In the evening this removes, in the summer can, since after sunset warm air from the valley ascends, a reversal of the effect be even observed. Generally it is windier in light forest than in the valley, since the places lie on a ridge. In the winter as repeatedly on the whole Schurwald and longer snow than in is appropriate the Fils, Neckar - or for rem valley. Due to the mountain situation and (nearly) free view in west and east one can almost use the completely possible duration of sunshine in light forest.
the geological structure of light forest, as also the majority of the remaining Schurwaldes leaves itself to describe as follows:
- The elevator back of light forest consists black Juras of a very narrow zone ( 20-25m) or (lower) Lias alpha. This consists again of a layer of decomposition products like dark loams, clay/tone and sand , among them are among other things the light-grey Angulaten sandstone and again more deeply (however no longer visibly, there hidden under slope debris) the Psilonoten layers. The Liasböden is, apart from their stony edges, good plough land.
- The further layers belong to the Keuper. Under the layer Lias alpha begins 2-3 m a powerful layer guesses/advises (dark-tonus-GM-suppl.-lie to recognize but only with difficulty).
- The tonige Knollenmergel closes as 20-30 m powerful layer recommends and is immediately as approximately 50-300 m broad, buckliges meadow area, to constitute between the fields above and the edge of forest down.
- The lowest layer of the Schurwaldes consists of room sandstone (middle Keuper) with a layer power of 90-100 M. This formation consists to a large extent of sandstone banks, into which numerous brooks cut themselves.
Tectonics: The geological layers in the Schurwald occur generally from the northwest to southeast over for instance to 0,5-1°. The moreover one the today's falling valley in the area Reichenbach Plochingen represents a Bruchzone , caused by extreme tensions. By dropping are appropriate for the zone e.g. in realm brook room sandstone layers 50-70 m below than north the break line. The tensions are not to today faded away, whereby a tectonic earthquake from August 1940 can be explained, its Epizentrum about 10 km under Hegenlohe lay (it caused no damage, was on the whole Schurwald to feel however nevertheless).
light forest starting from 1971
the municipality light forest developed at the 1. January 1971 by the freiwilligen union of the up to then independent municipalities Hegenlohe and Thomashardt. In a citizen decision to 13. Decembers 1970 tuned than 90% the voter during high election turnout more for the union.
the name light forest descends from „the light forest “, a designation already in the year 1555 in old forest camp books of the Forstamts Schorndorf, with reference to the municipalities Hegenlohe and Thomashardt emerged. Also the partial names Lohe and Hardt lead on the terms pasture forest and/or. light forest back. The brilliant idea for the naming had finally the old-established citizen Hermann Roos from Thomashardt. Further, but rejected suggestions were: Hegenhardt, Thomaslohe, simple forest, Hohenlau, Schurdorf, Langgehren and Langrain.
- Beginning of 1990er: The city hall and the village square in Thomashardt are arranged new.
- 1996: Artistic organization of the Thomashardter of water tower. The native artist married couple Heinze attached mosaic in water drop form within the upper range a multicolored ceramic tile. Over 55.000 DM by donations by individuals, from Benefizveranstaltungen and by sponsors from the economy were applied.
- 1998: Inauguration of the youth club with the primary school. With the help of young people and parents the former caretaker dwelling was converted. In the organization of the exterior installations a further participated times the pair of art deer Heinze.
- 2000: Completions of the citizen center. Fire-brigade, building yard and a citizen hall for associations and cultural meetings, in addition, private uses, are accommodated for October in the new citizen center.
- 2003: The new sports field is tapable after many difficulties.
- 2004: The video home system light forest successfully separates itself as one of the first municipalities from that video home system Esslingen.
- Future: Future projects are a new sport-resound, a leisure and a clearance south the primary school, as well as the redevelopment of the town core in Hegenlohe. For the creation of a local center in Hegenlohe the first step is done by the admission into the national scheme of reconstruction.
Hegenlohe became for the first time under the name Haginilo to 26. April 1173 mentions, as a Pope Calixtus III. the real estate properties of the monastery sank Blasien (south Black Forest) in Hegenlohe confirmed. The Vogtei had the dukes of Teck to 1364. Later the Vogtei was handed over over Hegenlohe to the counts von Württemberg, who this lent family getting the man among other things to the Esslinger. 1457 fell the Vogtei again back to the Württemberger, which assigned the place then to the office (since 1806 upper office ) Schorndorf. The municipality belongs to the district Esslingen since the regional reorganization of 1938 . Until 1379 insisted on Hegenloher Markung the settlement Ritzisweiler specified around 1140. A further settlement named Witzenweiler existed to before the dreissigjährigen war.
Thomashardt and Hegenlohe always formed a total church municipality. In order 1700 began to introduce the municipality Hegenlohe its own school teaching, before had the schoolable children (only boy, girl only starting from 1739) instruction in Thomashardt and high close honours to complete.
holy cross church
a Ecclesia (rather chapel) was mentioned documentary for the first time 1173. The today's vestry was built after 1200, the serrated Kreuzgewölbe was many later drawn in only. The Evangelist parish church to the holy cross, which is based on a rocky hill spur, was probably completed 1479, whereby the interior was submitted of changes over the centuries several times, last 1955. The stone table altar comes probably still from the first chapel, at the north wall is a gothical baptizing niche and in the flatcovered ship the north wall lategothical Sakramentni (of 1479). The wooden altar crucifix was carved around 1520 by unknown quantities hand and restored 1955. One probably first organ was already around 1700 present, the today's comes from 1835.
The church tower is 29 m highly, rests bilaterally on a strong, cantilever, medieval oak construction and became 1809 in the upper two floors together with tower roof completely newly built. The first large bell from the year 1501, poured of the Esslinger bell caster Sydler and nearly 300kg heavily, had to be recast 1949 due to a jump. Before it was seized in the Second World War and removed after Esslingen, returned 1947 however again. A small bell was recast last 1832, melted 1917 in the First World War and replaced 1922 by a new. A third bell, the baptizing bell, was purchased 1949. The bells sound in e-g-A (large bell - small bell - baptizing bell).
Thomashardt dipped for the first time in a document of 18. November 1324 in the name form Trade Union of German Employees-one-hard up. A part of the place was until 1333 in the possession of the counts von Aichelberg, another until 1367 in the possession of the dukes of Teck. Later the counts von Württemberg possessed the respective rights. The third part of the village belonged to the monastery aristocracy mountain starting from 1268 , which handed its Vogteirechte to 1362 over at Württemberg. The basic rule exercised the monastery up to the year 1535. Since 1453 the municipality belonged to the office Schorndorf and starting from 1938 to the district Esslingen.
Thomashardt possessed a Pfarrei still another church building, 1965/66 in the year 1966 neither the Auferstehungskirche was then built. The education range developed in former times as in Hegenlohe, school building 1812 was built, which was used also as city hall.
common history already
1971 ago the year ago 1971 gave it many parallel between Thomashardt and Hegenlohe.
- Hegenlohe, Thomashardt, smoothing and bay-strain created in the year 1819 a total municipality and lost thereby its independence (seat in Thomashardt). After separating bay-strain and a smoothing from the group, separated the two remaining partial places to 29. Septembers 1825 and regained so their independence.
- Affiliation of both municipalities to the mediator forest court (existed 1560 and 1819) union
- of Thomashardt and Hegenlohe to a school federation between. 1962 school building at the Mark border established by today the primary school is.
coat of arms
official Blasonierung: „In gold (yellow) over a green three-mountain a red beech directed downward with green style beginning and upward pointing green sheet, at the style diagonally crossed with a red acorn directed downward with green Hütchen and upward pointing green sheet. “
The new coat of arms could do only starting from that 13. December 1971 to be led (nearly one year after the establishment of light forest). A competition in the municipality, proclaimed before, did not bring useful results for the coat of arms, important suggestions came however from the archives management to Stuttgart. For coat of arms interpretation it means from the specialized authority: „The coat of arms contains simplifies represented components of the two earlier local coats of arms expired with the union. These components, an oak sheet with acorn for Hegenlohe and a beech sheet with Buchel for Thomashardt, are connected in the kind of a Vierpasses diagonally placed and are to refer in such a way to the obtained community of the two municipality parts. This of the Schurwaldflora derived motive can simultaneous be brought with the new municipality name in connection. The Green three-mountain reminds in the new coat of arms, just like in the two earlier, to the topografische situation of the municipality within the range of the Schurwalds. “
light forest starting from 1971
the number of inhabitants increased within 30 years of 1.512 in the year 1971 to 2.572 inhabitants in the year 2004, about which 1,360 persons are allotted to the local part Hegenlohe and 1,212 to the local part Thomashardt. As consequence of the strong population trend new populated areas had to be created and many new roads with en and disposal pipelines to be built. In the year 1999/2000 the mixing and (reduced) trade area Ummerles Häule III in Hegenlohe were opened. In the next years further construction sites in both local parts are to be added.
between that 17. and 19. Century developed the place only very slowly. Reasons for this are on the one hand the geographical situation, on the other hand the devastating wars. The number of inhabitants rose from 40 inhabitants after the dreissigjährigen war to approx. 80 in the year 1702. In 19. Century varied the municipality between 278 and 371 citizens. Due to the refugees after the Second World War the number of inhabitants made a jump of 30% on 411 persons (of 316 in the year 1939). Until 1961 the municipality grew by 14% on approx. 468 citizens.
Thomashardt always counted more municipality members than Hegenlohe, whereby the proportional fluctuations agreed with Hegenlohe. In 19. Century counted the municipality between 309 and 414 inhabitants. After completion of the Second World War the population grew by 32% on 433 persons (of 327 in the year 1939). Until 1961 the number of inhabitants increased by 20% to 545.
economics and infrastructure
up to beginning 20. Century represented the agriculture and the Waldnutzung the main source of income for the inhabitants of both municipalities, also the Köhlerei found introduction. Craftsmen satisfied the local need. The two mills in the realm brook valley were over centuries the largest industrial concerns. On the one hand there was the spell mill for grain, on the other hand the oil mill, which is used later than bone mill and today than sawing mill.
since 1930 removes the occupation in the agriculture continuously. Most inhabitants oscillate now to the work into the cities (1987 79.6% of the 1,172 employed persons from light forest in the cities in the Neckar and falling valley worked). In Hegenlohe e.g. the number of the residential buildings increased between 1945 and 1969 by 150%. The infrastructure (like water supply and drains) could do 20 due to the better Einkommensverhätnisse and the tax revenue rising thereby in the 50's. Century to be improved clearly and developed. Also the possibility for the local recreation was strongly promoted by the development of the moving ways. Thus today's light forest changed itself from two farmer villages to a lively Wohngemeinde.
the residents of enterprises offer in light forest approx. 130 jobs, of it is the municipality the largest employer. Thus light forest is living and Auspendlergemeinde in particular. Few agricultural large-scale enterprises and supplementary income enterprises manage that approx. 286 hectars agriculturally usable soil.
There are purchase possibilities in the place only few. In Thomashardt is a baker's shop, the moreover one wrongly regularly a driving baker in Hegenlohe. In the 90's 20. Century was in each local part still another „aunt Emma “- to shop, which had to be closed however because of inefficiency. Also two branch banks (cooperative bank and KSK Esslingen Nürtingen) had to close their gates; in Thomashardt is still another small branch of the KSK Esslingen with ATM machines and statement printers. Also due to the rich offer at goods and services in the direct neighbour municipalities (like realm brook a.d.F.) grocer's shops are hardly survivable in the place. Nevertheless can be bought with the native farmers fruit, vegetables, Wurstwaren and fresh milk.
local council and politics
the local council of the municipality light forest consist of altogether 13 members. Beside the Bürgermeisterin Lucia Maria Herrmann the free independent voters (FUW) with 6 are, the SPD/free voters (SPD/L.G.) with 3, the CDU with 2 members, that represent list for families, environment, culture and sport (FUKS) with a member.
The local council choice 2004 could not change the balances of power. The SPD/FW did not have to deliver more than five per cent of the voices to the Greens, nevertheless could the Greens, who began after a longer break again, a place in the local council book.
With the last local council choice the following persons were selected:
- FUW: Margarete of grasses (1. stellv. Bürgermeisterin), Bruno Haug, Karl Honecker, Rolf Roos, Lothar Pfizenmaier, Dr. Werner Schips
- SPD/FW: Karin hay mountain (2. stellv. Bürgermeisterin), Manfred Hoppe, Wimar small
- CDU: Andreas's Mueller, Gerhard Brucker
- FUKS: Werner Kiepfer
current one (at the end of of 2005) topics of the municipality politics are:
- Development of the development area “Hohenrain/Gassenäcker”
- development of the water supply (building of a high container for approx. 800,000 Eur)
of election results
| year |
| Bundestag |
| Bundestag |
|the left one.||-||3.4%|
the municipality light forest could always register a very good election turnout with the last elections. To the election to the Bundestag light forest with 87,78% had 2005 e.g. the sixth highest election turnout of all municipalities in Baden-Wuerttemberg.
a contemplative culture program
exists to culture and objects of interest defiance of the rather modest size in light forest. In the year 2003 it gave approx. 8,000 visitors, more than half from outside. The local resident artists coin/shape crucially the culture program, as well as the municipality picture. The water tower is for this best example, ensured it nevertheless with its ceramic tile mosaic for attention the far beyond district. The culture program stands each year under another slogan, 2004 acted the topics of Eduard Mörike and the European Union extension. Thus it e.g. came. in June 2004 to an international Intarsien exhibition with artists from France, Poland, Tschechien and Russia.
Well-known artists in and from the place are the actor Ernst Specht, the pianist Martin pellet wine, its wife and artist Carmen pellet wine, the Intarsienkünstler Eberhard Scheihing, the artist married couple Angie and René Heinze, the Pianistin Gunhilde Cramer, the Sopranistin Constanze Seitz, the artist Dieter Meyer Jacobi, the sculptor Bertram Seitz or the juggler Andreas Wittig.
people's highschool light forest
the video home system light forest was arranged, due to which precarious financial situation of the municipality, in the year 2003/04 with success from the Solidarverband that is video home system Esslingen out and now into the local administration integrated. Financially seen the non-personnel costs covered, not however the personnel expenditure are. The video home system in light forest stands not only for pure instruction, but integrated besides a complete culture enterprise and a child program. In the first term took approx. 3,000 persons at the program part, many of it from the area Waiblingen, Göppingen and Esslingen.
objects of interest and nature thinking marks
- Evangelist parish church (1479 complete) with parsonage building and Pfarrscheuer in Hegenlohe
- village lime tree beside the church in Hegenlohe, approximately around 1800 planted, 3,2m extent, 20m highly
- Schönbrückles calibrates approx. 800 m east of Hegenlohe in the forest, over 330 years old, 4,3m extent, about 45 m highly
- lime tree avenue with Thomashardt with (still) 38 trees, those about 30 m highly and 170 years old are
- artistically arranged water tower in Thomashardt with a climbable platform and a wonderful remote view on the Alb, of high baptism up to the Hohenzollern.
- in the context of the village rehabilitation the again arranged village square with city hall in Thomashardt
- Backhäusle (beside the church in Hegenlohe) from the year 1867
- nature friend house with Hegenlohe in the forest
of associations, institutions and meetings
of associations and institutions
the following of associations and institutions are in light forest:
- TC light forest
- TSV light forest registered association.
- Light forest registered association.
- Freiwillige fire-brigade light forest
- people's highschool light forest
- Evangelist church municipality light forest
- Kirchenchor light forest
- singing association “sense of glad” light forest
- trombone choir
- CDU local federation light forest
- SPD local association light forest
- social federation VdK local federation light forest
- BdS tradesman's union light forest e. V.
- Fruit and horticulture associations e. V. Light forest
- nature friend holiday home Schurwaldhaus registered association.
regular one annual large meetings in light forest are:
- To theatre performances of the theatre department of the TSV Lichtenwald in January in
- Lichtenwalder Halbmarathon municipality-resounds found successful to 19. March 2005 to fourth time instead of. The number of runners amounted to approx. 550 persons. In the year 2006 next Lichtenwalder Halbmarathon will take place.
- Vatertagshocketse of the moving association edelweiss at the lime tree avenue
- sunning turning celebration at the nature friend house
- moving meeting at the Int. People moving day of the moving association edelweiss in July
- Ökumeni municipality celebration
- several exhibitions of the small animal breeder association
- of concerts of the Kirchenchors and the singing association sense of glad
- innumerable lectures in the framework that video home system light forest
it exists the following literature over light forest, and/or. Hegenlohe and Thomashardt:
- Manfred long Hans: Hegenloher book of local history and geography. 1969
- Manfred long Hans: The Schurwald: Country and. People once and. now. 2. Aufl. Kohl hammer, Stuttgart, ISBN 3-17-005680-8, 1980
- light forest, Hegenlohe and Thomashardt, pictures from past days. Book of pictures, violonist publishing house, Horb a.N. 1985
- Friedrich Karl Reuss (Hrsg.): So ebbes! , Anecdotes from Hegenlohe, Thomashardt and smoothing. Gathered of municipality 2004, ISBN 3-89676-843-3 [work on] neighbour municipalities the following municipalities
publishing house, high close honours in direct proximity to light forest:
- Realm brook at the Fils
- high close honours
- Büchenbronn and/or. Ebersbach to the Fils
Aichtal | Aichwald | Old brook | Old village | Old person-guessed/advised | Baltmannsweiler | Bempflingen | Beuren | Until-sing to the Teck | Deizisau | Thinking village | Dettingen under Teck | Erkenbrechtsweiler | Esslingen at the Neckar | Falling the city | Frickenhausen | Grossbettlingen | High village | Wood larvae | Kirchheim under Teck | Kohl mountain | Köngen | Flax field EN genuine things | Lenningen | Light forest | Neckartailfingen | Neckartenzlingen | Neidlingen | Neuffen | Neuhausen on the Fildern | Notzingen | Nürtingen | Oberboihingen | Ohmden | Ostfildern | Owen | Plochingen | Realm brook to the Fils | Schlaitdorf | Lower-sing | Because home to the Teck | Wendlingen at the Neckar | Wernau (Neckar) | Wolf-struck
|This article was taken up to the list of the articles worth reading.|