Table of contents
lives and career
Westphal, generally only as Lonzo or also the devil violonist of Eppendorf well-known, was among other things member that pensioner volume, that Hamburg formation line man as well as the group of Okko, Lonzo, Berry, Chris & Timpe.
It already took 1974 together with its going away of many years, which pianist Gottfried Böttger, which single “Hamburg '75” up, which referred to the Hamburg scene flourishing at that time. To this circle among other things Udo lime tree mountain and Otto Waalkes belonged. Its largest hits was the piece “the charm violonist (the devil came to Eppendorf)”, the German version of the Songs “The devil went down tons of Georgia” from Charlie Daniels, and “the dinosaurs” (both 1980).
Westphal died to 14. November 2001 in Hamburg at a cardiac infarct.
- 1974: Hamburg '75 (with Gottfried Böttger; Text by Hans Scheibner)
- 1980: The dinosaurs
- 1980: The charm violonist (the devil came to Eppendorf)
- 1975: Party Rags for tavern and Saloon (with Gottfried Böttger)
- 1980: Violently
- 1981: Today because of yesterday see
closed also: Line man
Web on the left of
- Lonzo Westphal in the Internet Movie DATA cousin
- message of the TAZ morning mail Hamburg to the death of
- Lonzo Westphal: Parting from the devil violonist
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||of German musicians|
|DATE OF BIRTH||29. September 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hamburg|
|DYING DATE||14. November 2001|