|coat of arms||map|
|Land of the Federal Republic:||Saxonia-Anhalt|
|surface:||200.94 km ²|
|inhabitants:||228.775 (31. December 2005)|
|Population density:||1,139 Einwohner/km ²|
|height:||43 m and. NN|
|postal zip codes:||39104-39130 (old 3010-3090)|
|Geographical situation:|| |
Coordinates: 52° 8 ' N, 11° 37 ' O 52° 8 ' N, 11° 37 ' O
|municipality key:||15 3 03 000|
|city arrangement:||40 quarters|
of the city administration:
| Old market 6|
|mayor:||Dr. Lutz Trümper (SPD)|
Magdeburg is a city in Germany. It is the state capital of Saxonia-Anhalt and the surface-largest city as well as one of the three upper centers of this Land of the Federal Republic. Magdeburg is both catholic and Evangelist bishop seat and location of twoUniversities: the petrol of Guericke university and the university Magdeburg Stendal (FH).
Next convenient larger cities are wolf castle about 64km northwest, the twin city Braunschweig about 75 km west, resounds (Saale) to about 75 km south and potsdam about 105 km east. Berlin is appropriate for 130 km east. The number of inhabitants of the city Magdeburg exceeded the border of 100.000 by the year 1878,whereby it to the large city became. Today approximately 230,000 humans live in the state capital.
The name of the city goes on the word “made etymologisch” back. This means “powerful castle”. Therefore the A also briefly expressed in the current name.
Magdeburg is because of the east edge of the landscape farm servant citizen Börde at the middle Elbeinto 50 meters sea level. The city extends primarily on the western high bank of the river at a Geländestufe, which is formed by cathedral rock; it is one of the few cities of the north German lowlandses, which are created on rock.The city partly is on an elongated island between “river Elbe” and “age Elbe” and because of the flat right bank of the river.
Separately from the city center only by the Elbe, the “green oasis ” of the Elbauen extends to nearly 300 hectaresand gentleman jug parks. The “thousands of years tower “(S. down) and a sea-stage enrich the landscape park since the garden exhibition 1999.
- in District Jerichower country: Gerwisch, Biederitz and Gübs
- in the district Schönebeck: Plötzky, Pretzien, Schönebeck, Welsleben
- in on-board circle: Sülzetal and high final desert life
- in the ear circle: High being life, Irxleben, Niederndodeleben, bar life, Wolmirstedt and Glindenberg
the city Magdeburg is divided into 40 quarters. In some quarters there are partial further partitionings, which were in-patriated in the course of history. It concerns usually new building settlements or populated areas, their borders quiteare also flowing. These are engaged mentioned in the following overview behind the respective quarter.
Ur and early history
earliest fist wedge finds date from the early hall ice age before approximately 150.000Years.
Proofs for established human presence in the farm servant citizen area are since the late Weichsel ice age (approx. 15,000 v. Chr.). During neolithischen line volume ceramic(s) became around 5.400v. Chr. the area by trunks of the Donauländi culture settles. The fruitful loess, the proximity of forest and water offered good conditions and the western Elbufer protection from floods.
the Middle Ages
Karl the large one and Otto I.
Heinrich I. fastened 919. the Vogler Magdeburgagainst the Magyaren and Slawen. However the farm servant citizens Elbfurt was used at the same time, in order to float with that east the Elbe living Slawen trade.
Magdeburg under the Ottonen
929 arranged Heinrich I. the wedding of its son OttoI. the large one with Edith (Editha, Eadgyth), the daughter Edward of the older one of England. With Otto and Ediths wedding received it to Magdeburg as morning gift.
937 a realm meeting under participation of two archbishops, eight bishops and highest becamesecular dignitaries held. The same time the Mauritius monastery ( Moritzkloster) became honours of the pc. Mauritius donated.
On the Synode of Ravenna 968 Magdeburg was raised to the ore diocese. Adalbert of Magdeburg became as pc. Adalbert, Apostelthe Slawen, confirms. To the ore diocese the dioceses Brandenburg, Havelberg , Meissen ( until 1399), Merseburg , floats ( until approximately 1000), Zeitz Naumburg , and Lebus belonged (only starting from 1420).
973 emperor Otto the large one died. It became beside its first wifeEditha buried.
was explained to measurement and bishop city as the fair city, a patent gave to the city the right,To hold commercial exhibitions and conventions. Many visitors from many countries floated in Magdeburg trade. Thus was farm servant citizen a silver coin from that to 11. Century in the Münzfund of Sandur on the Färöern. In the year 1126 became later Norbert of Xanten,holy, archbishop of Magdeburg was spoken. In 12. Century separated the city from the city gentleman (ore diocese Magdeburg), but could never attain it the complete liberty. Around 1430 it came among other things to military conflicts between city and archbishop, those the councilfrom Basel to to terminate tried. 1500 are assigned that to ore pin the realm circle of Lower Saxony. 1503 shifted the archbishop its after residence resound and the introduction of the reformation 1524 continued to deepen the contrasts between city and ore diocese.
early modern times
in the dreissigjährigen war became Magdeburg by imperial troops under the field gentleman of the catholic league Tilly to 10. May/20. May 1631 conquers and went afterwards into flames on (“farm servant citizen wedding"). This procedure attained also under the term Magdeburgisieren sad celebrity. With the exception of few thousand humans the inhabitants were killed by the engaging troops as well as the fire. The city was destroyed to a large extent. With 20.000 (according to other data up to30.000) This is considered to dead ones as the largest single massacre of the dreissigjährigen war.1635 were left the city and to ore pin in peacetime of Prague the Saxonian prince August, who had been already selected 1628 to the administrator. In the Westfäli peace 1648 becameore pin Magdeburg the cure principality Brandenburg as claim awarded, which should be redeemed however only after the death of the Saxonian administrator. In that time (1646 to 1681) was Otto von Guericke mayor of Magdeburg. He was at the same time a physicist,Inventor of the piston tire pump and implemented the famous vacuum attempts with the farm servant citizen hemispheres .
1680 came to the death of August now as duchy Magdeburg secularized ore pin and concomitantly the city under brandenburgische rule.
already after 1666 stationed the cure prince of Brandenburg 15,000 men in the city and left the attachments destroyed in the dreissigjährigen war again-establish. In 18. Century was continued to develop the fortress. Under Friedrich II.the fortress took 200 hectares (hectar); the city areareached against it only 120 hectars.
To the war which was lost for Napoleon Magdeburg came 1814 Prussia and became 1816 capital of the province Saxonia as well as seat of the governmental district Magdeburg and the district Magdeburg. 1828 developed the urban area Magdeburg and 1887 the district Magdeburg were dissolved. Farm servant citizen the surrounding countryside belonged thereafter to the circles Jerichow I (late castle), to Calbe,Wanzleben and Wolmirstedt, which were dissolved with the recent circle reform 1993 and/or closed with neighbouring districts to larger administrative units together.
the Second World War
in the Second World War was maintained the industrial production by occupation of forced laborers. The Brikettenbraunkohle gasoline AG (Brabag) as a largest fuel supplier of the armed forces 1944 six KZ-external bearings established. One of it, the KZ „Magda “, was in Magdeburg Rothensee. The other five were at other places in Saxonia (Lausitz) and the today's Saxonia-Anhalt. Between June 1944 until February 1945there 2172 Jews worked, from whom about 65 per cent died.
A further concentration camp particularly for Sinti and Roma was at the wood path. It was closed 1943 due to the adjacent resident protests. The arrested ones were spent into the concentration camp Auschwitz.
Of 1943until 1945 an external bearing of the concentration camp beech forest was at the company “polarized” in the farm servant citizens dear farmhand route. Over 3000 primarily Jews from the KZ Riga Kaiserwald, Auschwitz, supporting yard and Ravensbrück, and Russian and Polish prisoners had here hard work to performand lived in a barrack camp.
Starting from 1943 Magdeburg was attacked by allied bomber formations. First goals were the industrial companies, which belonged to arms production. The old part of town became by the air raid to 16. January 1945 to approximately 90 per cent destroys. Among other things 15Churches were destroyed and also the period of promoterism - quarters suffered - as in Berlin, Chemnitz and Dresden - tremendous damage. The “north front” was nearly completely destroyed.
after the war the city center and quarters concerned were enttrümmert (see“Rubble women “). From shortage of money however by the damaged buildings only the most valuable were saved and/or the buildings concerned by destruction less were restored (farm servant citizens cathedral, monastery our loving Mrs., city hall). On “ruins” a new city should develop.
Thus today art nouveau buildings coin/shape numerous disk's buildings the city center and development areas, supplemental around some buildings of the national tradition of the post-war period in place of the baroque houses a spreading of way , the period of promoterism and, which have the Soviet architecture of the Stalinzeit to the model.
Of 1945to 1953 the farm servant citizens of large-scale enterprises contribute Germany imposed Reparationsverpflichtungen as saying enterprises to the fulfilment that.
after the reunification of Germany formed the districts resounds and Magdeburg the core of the Land of the Federal Republic Saxonia-Anhalt. Magdeburg in a scarce tuning of the first federal state parliament determined between Magdeburg and resounds to the new state capital. 1992 /94became Magdeburg again seat of a Roman-catholic bishop, whose diocese is subordinate now to the ore diocese Paderborn.
Magdeburg lost approximately 60,000 inhabitants from 1990 to 2005 and shrank from scarcely 290,000 on now 228,000 inhabitants. This presents the citylarge challenges, since the floor spaces the available exceed the need far.
with the tunnel and the reorganization at the university University of, the new building of the football stadium, the reorganization spreading of the way and petrol of Guericke road, the reorganization of the free chamber plays (nowschauspielhaus Magdeburg), the locking of the cathedral place, the new building of the star bridge, the Green citadel and many other projects was strongly revalued the townscape in the last years. The width way, before the Second World War one of the largest (longest) purchase miles of Europe,at least in the southern half again something could win at charm. Also in other parts of the city old, buildings from the period of promoterism, abandoned in the GDR the purge, were again prepared. Magdeburg has the highest purchase surface of the retail trade inSquare meters per citizen in Germany.
2002 receive the city the gold medal, in the years 2003-2005 the silver medal with the federal competition our city flower up.
At the 3. June 2003 by archaeologists remainders first farm servant citizens of the cathedral were opened. 2003 began alsothe building of the Greens citadel of Magdeburg, the last draft of peace realm hundred-one hundred, which was finished placed in October 2005.
1200-jähriges city anniversary
with numerous meetings, crosswise over the year 2005 distributed, became under the slogan Magdeburg 12hundert the anniversary of the city being entitled celebrated. Central meeting was the ceremony in the cathedral to 7. May 2005 with the first award emperor petrol price of the city Magdeburg at old Federal President Richard von Weizsäcker.
The moreover one found within this frameworkin May farm servant citizens sky info. never under line of the light artist Gert yard and LuminArte - Italian light art with lit sculptures in the Elbauenpark instead of. In June the American skirt volume was R.E.M.at the cathedral place to guest and an international Figurentheaterfestival was celebrated.In July was Magdeburg scene 9. Saxonia-Anhalt daily, with which well-known singers, Imbissbuden and fair attractions attracted many humans. In August a large tap caper at the cathedral place took place to honour the city. In the autumn 2005 the ceremonies sounded to the anniversarythen with the city hall celebration and the inauguration of the Greens citadel at the 3. October out.
following municipalities and/or Gemarkungen were integrated into the city Magdeburg:
- 1867: South castle
- 1886: New city (city)
- 1. April 1887: Bake-chew(City) (until 1861 circle Wanzleben, then urban area Magdeburg)
- 1. April 1908: Rothensee (circle Wolmirstedt)
- 1. April 1910: Cracau and Prester (circle Jerichow I), Fermersleben, Lemsdorf, Salbke, Westerhüsen (all circle Wanzleben)
- 1. April 1926: These village (circle Wanzleben)
- 1. January 1934: Parts of Biederitz and Gübs (circle Jerichow I; Gübs already belonged from 1494 to 1807 to Magdeburg)
- to 1. October 1942: Parts of bar lives, Wolmirstedt and Glindenberg (all circle Wolmirstedt)
- 1952: Largely Ottersleben
- 1979: Olvenstedt
- 1993: Pechau, Randau Calenberge
- 2001: Beyendorf/soles
in the Middle Ages was Magdeburg one of the largest German cities. However the number of inhabitants was subjected due to war and Epedemien large fluctuations. Thus 1450 demandeda plague epidemic disease 8,000 dead ones. 1597 died with the outbreak of the plague 10,000 humans. The strong decrease of the number of inhabitants around 1639 on only 450 inhabitants is to be due to the nearly complete destruction of the city during the fighting in the dreissigjährigen war. 16832,650 humans died at the plague in Magdeburg. After the edict of potsdam 1685 the city experienced a strong increase in the population by immigrants. The number of inhabitants rose from 5.000 in the year 1683 to 13.000 in the year 1685. A Choleraepidemie 1831 demanded 3.577Victim.
The number of inhabitants of the city Magdeburg rose 1840 to over 50.000 and doubled themselves until 1880 to 100.000, whereby it became the large city. 1939 reached the total population with approximately 337,000 their historical highest level. From 1989 to 2005 the city hasdue to drift, suburbanization and decline in the birthrate of approximately 60,000 inhabitants lost and from over 290.000 on now 228,000 shrank. For the year 2020 a decrease is prognosticated on 197.000 inhabitants. This value will not probably be reached, there the decreasethe number of inhabitants to succumbing came. In the year 2005 the total population grew by approximately 2100 inhabitants. A majority (~1800 persons) is to be attributed thereby to the introduction of the second home tax and the statistic register clearing taken place thereby.
The following overview shows the numbers of inhabitantsafter the respective area conditions. Until 1833 it concerns usually around estimations, afterwards census results (¹) or official updating of the respective statistic offices and/or the city administration. The data refer starting from 1843 to the “localpresent population”, starting from 1925 upthe resident population and since 1966 on the “population at the place of the main dwelling”. 1843 ago the number of inhabitants was determined in non-uniform collection procedures.
¹ census result
table for demographic development
development of the total population and the portion of the age groups from 1995 to 2003:
source: Statistic national office Saxonia-Anhalt
the city Magdeburg belonged at first to the diocese half. 936 the pc. was created - Moritz monastery in Magdeburg, which 962 into a cathedral pin was converted. Thus the ore diocese Magdeburg was created. A second document for the establishment of the diocese dates from 968. To the ore diocese first the Suffragane Merseburg belonged to Magdeburg,Zeitz Naumburg, Meissen, Brandenburg and Havelberg, whereby Meissen in 15. Century separated. 1521 were held in Magdeburg the first Protestant lecture. The advice inserted immediately in the entire city the reformation . 1563 crossed also the archbishop to the lutherischen teachingsand 1567 were held also in the cathedral the first Protestant lecture. The few catholics still remaining in the city were supplied by the Agnetenkloster in new city. 1628 were rekatholisiert the monastery to our love woman in Magdeburg. 1685 left themselves reformed Down , 1689 Pfälzer reformed Huguenots in the city, so that immediately also two reformed municipalities developed, which formed also own political municipalities. After the transition at Prussia and the combination of lutherischen and reformed municipalities within Prussia to one1817 (university Universities of church) the Protestant municipalities of Magdeburg belonged to uniform regional church to the “Evangelist church in Prussia” and/or their Provinzialkirche Saxonia, whose head was the respective king of Prussia as “summus episcopus”. After omission of the nationalwonderful church regiment 1918 was thoseProvinzialkirche Saxonia initial member of the “Evangelist church of the oldPrussian union” and 1947 became it an independent regional church (Evangelist church of the church province Saxonia) with a bishop at the point. Its bishop church is the farm servant citizen cathedral. The Protestant church municipalities of Magdeburgbelong - if it does not concern free churches - to the parish district Magdeburg within the Propstei Magdeburg half city, whose seat likewise is in Magdeburg.
In 19. Century increased also the number of the catholics. They belonged starting from 1821 toDiocese and/or starting from 1929 ore diocese Paderborn. After the Second World War it became ever heavier for the archbishop to notice its office business in the East part of its ore diocese. Therefore in Magdeburg 1946 a Generalvikar was used, which was appointed 1949 the bishop. Throughthe re-organization of the catholic church in the GDR the areas were formally separated 1972 and raised to the Bischöflichen office. Director/conductor of this office became a Apostoli administrator with the title bishop. To 8. July 1994 became the past Bischöfliche office Magdeburgto the diocese raised and (again) the Erzdiözese Paderborn as Suffraganbistum subordinates. The Pfarrgemeinden Magdeburg belongs thus today to the Dekanat Magdeburg within the diocese of the same name.
Beside the two “large churches” (Evangelist: approx. 9%; Roman-catholic: approx. 4%) give it in Magdeburg todayalso several free churches (approx. 0.7%) and other religious groupings, under it a Jewish municipality (approx. 0,3%). The municipality consists mainly of immigrants from the former Soviet Union and has approx. 800 members and is thus one of the largest municipalities of East Germany.Most inhabitants are however denominationless (approx. 86%). Also the general decrease of the meaning of the churches existing in other regions, was still intensified in East Germany by the clear separation from church and state in the GDR, by that the churchesstrongly at social meaning lost. In addition Repressionen of different intensity came by GDR state power.
at the point of the city stood in times of the ore diocese Magdeburg from the archbishop assigned Schult-hot. Besides the “Burding” existed, the organthe citizen municipality without special powers. Starting from 1244 existed an advice, that could acquire the office for Schult hoisting starting from 1294 also. In the future the advice could draw ever more powers actually and the city itself thereby ever to more from the ore diocesesolve, without ever becoming completely free. The mayoralty gave it for the first time 1302. In 15. Century gave it a governing advice, an old advice and an upper-old advice. After the FE storage of the city by Tilly in the year 1629 becamethe condition changed. Beside the advice there were 2 mayors, later 4 and starting from 1683 in Brandenburg-Prussian time had the advice 3 mayor, over whom a city president. This office was again drawn in 1743. Starting from 1815 the Prussian city order becameintroduced. Afterwards a mayor and a mayor stood as a representative at the point of the administration. Besides there were the city delegates as a selected committee (late town council).1831 were again organized the administration. During the time of the third realm the mayor becameof the NSDAP assigned. After the collapse of the third realm transferred first the occupation troops the order to the German cities and municipalities. Magdeburg was first both from American (in the western part) and from Soviet troops (eastern the Elbe) occupies. ThoseAmericans arranged the new formation of municipal authorities in May 1945 and used the Social Democrat Otto bear as mayors. Although the Soviets in their part of Magdeburg had appointed the non-party Trumpa as a provisional mayor, they confirmed after the departure of the Americansfrom East Germany Otto bear as mayors for completely Magdeburg. To 8. Septembers 1946 were accomplished after a regulation of the Provinzialregierung elections to the municipality parliaments in Saxonia-Anhalt. Before the Soviets had in particular promoted the communists in their rule range, andthe combination from KPD and SPD to the communist dominated SED was was carried out. Under these signs the SED achieved the absolute majority with the elections to the farm servant citizen city council with 51,3%. As new mayors became Rudolf Eberhard (SED) of thatCity delegate selected, who however 1950 was again set off because of political unreliability and replaced by Philipp Daub. The first free elections for a farm servant citizen city council after the years of the Nazi and SED rule found to 6. May 1990 instead of, which became SPDwith 32,98% strongest parliamentary group in the town councillor. In the same year the town councillor Dr. selected.Willy polarized to the first mayor after the turn. Since 1993 the mayor is selected directly by the farm servant citizen voters.
Allocation of seats in the town councillor since 2004:
|PARTY OF DEMOCRATIC SOCIALISM||CDU||SPD||the GREEN||FDP||future!||BfM||the animal protection party||entire|
mayors since 1808
chairman of the town council/the town councillor
coat of arms
the coat of arms of the city Magdeburg shows a zweitürmige gezinnte red castle with opened golden gate in silver,between the towers increasing a green-dressed virgin (farm servant), into raised rights a green wreath/ring holding. The city colors are green red.
The coat of arms is “talking”, i.e. the coat of arms symbols farm servant and castle reflect the volksetymologische derivation of the name. Both symbols13 already is in old seals of the city from that. Century demonstrably, whereby the wreath/ring came only later as indication of the purity in addition.
a partnership between cities maintains partnerships between cities Magdeburg with the following cities:
2003 to 1996 beyond that partnership contracts with Donezk (Ukraine, since 1962), Kayes (Mali, since 1966), Hradec Králové (Tschechien, since 1972), Setúbal (Portugal, since1976), Lüttich (Belgium, since 1978), Valencia (Spain, since 1981), Turin (Italy, since 1983) and Nagasaki (Japan, since 1987). At that time the town councillor decided however to solve these partnership contracts.
economics and infrastructure
Magdeburg possesses an inland port at Elbe and central land channel. Together with the ship lift, the open bridge and the two double thrift locks they form the largest water way cross of Europe.
The city is also because of the railway main routes Hanover - Magdeburg Berlin, joke mountains -Resounds (Saale) and at different Nebenstrecken, which meet in the main station. The two marshalling yards Magdeburg Rothensee belonging to the railway junction and Magdeburg-bake-chew were however shut down. Into and around Magdeburg a rapid-transit railway is operated, that together with streetcar - and bus linear network a that Farm servant citizen of transporting enterprises (MVB) the ÖPNV supplies. All lines in the city are usable at uniform prices.
By the northern city the federal motorway leads a2 Hanover Berlin, which is crossed in the northwest ( motorway interchange Magdeburg) by the A 14, which only fewKilometer north begins and toward southeast to resounding Leipzig leads.
South the city is the airfield Magdeburg.
To the street names in Magdeburg and their development and meaning see farm servant citizen roads.
in Magdeburg findsitself the national radio house Saxonia-Anhalt of the Central German broadcast (MDR). As daily paper the farm servant citizens appear voice of the people. In addition there is the regional television station (ehm. Lokalsender) MDF.1 in the George emperor road 3 and the open channel in the Olvenstedter road 10. Two private radio broadcasting programs becomein the Hansapark produces:radio SAW, a country-wide radio program, and skirt country Saxonia-Anhalt, a radio broadcasting program with the emphasis skirt music. Information about meetings, concerts etc. are in the free city magazine [DATEs] or on-line under nachtlebenMD.de.
Magdeburg is seat of following mechanisms, institutions and bodies of the public right:
- Diocese Magdeburg
- office for federal fortune Magdeburg
- Evangelist church of the church province Saxonia
- chamber of trade Magdeburg
- general customs office Magdeburg
- IHK Magdeburg
- circle military spare office Magdeburg
- regional finance office of the federation
- test office of the federation Magdeburg (one of9 test offices)
- water and navigation management east
- water and navigation velvet Magdeburg
- office for water way new building Magdeburg
specialized clinic old person Öhlmühle (for craze illnesses)
the international one commission for the protection of the Elbe (IKSE) has their seat in Magdeburg.
1991 became the Telemann society registered association.(International combination) in Magdeburg based and has here their seat carrier.
education and research
- petrol of Guericke university: The university designated after the farm servant citizen inventor, natural scientist and mayor were created 1953 as university for heavy mechanical engineering and received to 1961 the statusa technical university. 1993 received it by the pool with the educational university and the medical academy the status of a university. Thus it belongs to the youngest universities of Germany.
- University Magdeburg Stendal (FH): The university (formerly professional school Magdeburg) became 1991based and a hundred-year tradition continues as training centre of engineers.
- Institute for Max-Planck for dynamics of complex technical systems
- institute for Fraunhofer for factory and - automation (IFF)
- ZENITH - center for neuroscientific innovation and technology
- Leibniz institute for neuro biology
- UFZ Umweltforschungszentrum Leipzig-resounds: The UFZ, based1991, are one of 15 helmet getting time centers. UFZ scientists investigate the complex reciprocal effects between humans and environment in used and disturbed landscapes.
culture and objects of interest
- theatre Magdeburg (play, opera, Philharmonic Concert Hall, ballet, theatre for young spectators)
- urban doll theatre Magdeburg
- theatre at the fishing rod
- improvisation theatre Hechtsprung
- “ball lightnings”
- farm servant citizen dilemma (political-sow-Irish Kabarett)
- culture-historical museum Magdeburg
- museum for natural history Magdeburg
- technique museum Magdeburg
- art museum Magdeburg
- gallery 1200 - Magdeburg 12hundert photographies
- thousands of years tower - 6000 years research and history of the development of mankind
- School museum Magdeburg
- museum ship Württemberg with museum for the history of the Elbschifffahrt
- historical ship mill at the Petriförder
- stone time house Randau
- slawisches village Pechau - “the settlement of the ostelbischen area of 8. - 12. Century "
- farm servant citizen cathedral, the landmark thatCity, bishop church of the Evangelist church of the church province Saxonia
- other churches:
- Johanniskirche with Luther monument (reconditioned in the 90's)
- monastery our loving Mrs.
- Petrikirche Magdeburg
- Magdalenenkapelle Magdeburg
- pc. - Sebastian church Magdeburg, since 1994 Roman-catholic bishop church of the diocese Magdeburg
- Wallonerkirche Magdeburg (pc. Augustini)
- Sinking day it church
- sank Ambrosius Magdeburg
- sank Eustachius and Agatha Magdeburg
- sank Laurentius Magdeburg
- sank Nicolai church Magdeburg
- sank Stepanus Magdeburg
- sank Gertraud Magdeburg
- Martin Gallus
- pc. Stephani/pc. Johann of the Täufer
- pc. Briccius and Immanuel
- Pauluskirche Magdeburg
- cross church Magdeburg
- reformation church Magdeburg
- sankMechthild church Magdeburg
- sink Josef church
- city hall Magdeburg with advice cellar
- “farm servant citizen rider “, around 1240, first free standing rider fixed image north the alps. Explained emperor Otto I. is probable.
- Hasselbachplatz, the tavern corner of the city with many period of promoterism houses
- Hegelstrasse, splendourful residential street alsoPeriod of promoterism mansions and - houses, nearly completely rebuilt
- star bridge multipurpose hall Hyparschale in the city park red horn
- thousands of years tower , the highest wood building
- of the world (exhibition to 6000 years mankind history) in the Elbauenpark reorganizes stroke bridge and the 2005, former Bundesgartenschau - area (BUGA area)
- the Green citadelof Magdeburg, last architectural project peace realm of hundred-one hundred († 2000).
- Faunenbrunnen of Heinrich Apel in the 1263 mentioned for the first time documentary leader route, one of the oldest shopping streets of Magdeburg.
- Enercon administration building (under construction)
other objects of interest
large shopping centres
Magdeburg coined/shaped through to a large extent after the turn Shopping Malls developed. Historically grown retail trade structures are clearly less than in other cities same order of magnitude.
- avenue center
- Town center Carré
of suburbs and outskirts of a town
- on-board park
- stake mountain
spare time & sport
- spare time
- experience bath Nautica; Open-rir swimming pools
- Cinema (CinemaxX, many situation of Cinemas, Studiokino, OLi Lichtspiele)
- gaming house Magdeburg
- white one fleet
- numerous parks
- Elbauenpark (1999 Bundesgartenschau) and
- gentleman jug park (together 250 hectares).
- City park red horn (largest park)
- brothers and sisters Scholl park
- monastery mountain garden
- north park
- bird singing park
- Goethe plants
- prince barrier park
- garden of the Möllenvogtei
- cutter garden
- high gate barrier
- The Elbe cycle track
- people park Westerhüsen
- office garden Ottersleben
up to the Elbauenpark all parks are public and can be entered free of charge.
places of event
- flange-and-resounds - largest multipurpose hall of Saxonia-Anhalt, one the most modern in Germany
- AMO - culture and congress house
- town hall
- sea-stage in the Elbauenpark
- FAIR MAGDEBURG
- Pauluskirche (regular place of occurence farm servant citizens of the Kantatenchores)
- project 7 - the P7 is a nightclub upthe Campus of the petrol of Guericke university. Here regularly concerts and Discoveranstaltungen within the range Indie Pop take place and - skirt. These become to a large extent from the projekt7 registered association. and rodeo|club organizes.
- March/April:Farm servant citizen of Telemann holidays (straight years), international Telemann competition (odd years),Organ holidays in the monastery, spring fair
- May: Farm servant citizen literature weeks, Elbauennacht
- Pfingstwochenende: City celebration (largest people celebration of the city)
- June: Historienspektakel
- July/August: Kreuzgangserenaden in the cathedral, Summer open air theatre Magdeburg on the sea-stage
- August: Balloon magic days in the Elbauenpark
- Septembers: National harvest thank celebration, autumn fair, Jazzfestival DIAGONAL, Kunstfestival Magdeburg
- Octobers:Culture holidays,Kite celebration and light celebration
- Decembers: Weihnachtsmarkt
farm servant citizen originals
the clinkering ape is probably most well-known farm servant citizens the original. It painted beginning of the last century by thoseFarm servant citizen elbnahe city center and acted with Elbfi. Its speckiger coat with the large bags was typical, in which it transported the fish. Accordingly it smelled also.
At the Stadtmauer below the Magdalenenkapelle some originals of Magdeburg are to be seen as relief.Beside the clinkering ape are the Fliegentutenheinrich, the ape father, the Lusebenecke, the Blutappelsine and the Feuerkäwer the most well-known farm servant citizens originals.
sons and daughters of the city
further ones To personalities with purchase to Magdeburg
- Erich Keyser (Hsg.): German city book. Manual of urban history volume II Central Germany - on behalf the conference of the nationalhistorical commissions of Germany with the support of the German municipality daily,Stuttgart, 1941
- Matthias Puhle (Hsg.): Magdeburg 1200. Medieval metropolis, Prussian fortress, state capital. The history of the city from 805 to 2005. (Exhibition of the culture-historical museum Magdeburg 8. May to 4. September 2005) To ISBN 3-8062-1933-8
Web on the left of
|Wiktionary: Magdeburg - word origin, synonyms and translations|
|Commons: Magdeburg - pictures, videos and/or audio files|
- official Website of Magdeburg
- official Website for visitors and traveler
- farm servant citizen biographic encyclopedia of the University of Magdeburg (over 1700 biographies of important personsthe newer regional history of Magdeburg and environment)
- situation and expansion of the ore pin Magdeburg: Map Saxonia notion 1789
- further left to the topic „Magdeburg “ in the open directory Project
- information to meetings in Magdeburg and city leaders with many information
old Mark circle salt whisk | Notion Zerbst | Aschersleben Stassfurt | Berne castle | Bitter field | On-board circle | Castle district | Dessau | Half | Resounds (Saale) | Jerichower country | Köthen | Magdeburg | One fields country | Merseburg Querfurt | Ear circle | Quedlinburg | Hall circle | Singer-live | Schönebeck | Stendal | White rock | Who Niger desert | Joke mountain