Maria Mies (* 1931) is emeritierte Professorin for sociology and authoress of several internationally influential toolistic, ecological and books of development policy and a prominent Globalisierungsgegnerin.
Maria Mies is Professorin (i.R.) for sociology at the professional school Cologne. Into the 1960er years worked she 5 years long in India on the Goethe Institute. For the late 1960er years it is active in the women's movement and the woman research. 1979 justified it at institutes the OF Social Studies into the Hague (the Netherlands) the emphasis Women and development. Their main points of research: Methods of the woman Mrs., land women in the first and third world, capitalism and Subsistenz, criticism of the genetic engineering, alternatives to the globalisierten economy. The disputatious and contentious intellectual one could be emeritieren 1993, is however without reduction active in the toolistic and globalization-critical motion (e.g. with Attac Cologne) - whereby it attaches importance in contrast to many fellow combatants for instance with Attac to it, not Globalisierungskritikerin, but globalization gegnerin to be called because it represents the beginning locating instead of Globalisieren.
Professor. Badly the committee resistance against the along-justified in Germany, which the public of the German Federal Republic for the first time over the OECD, has MAY - agreement informed multilateral Agreement on Investment (MAY). This came finally (after France went on distance) to case. Similar goals however further pursued by World Trade Organization - the agreement over the privatisation of services and public goods (GATS). Maria Mies' criticism is directed against insufficient democratic control of international financial and commercial institutions such as World Trade Organization, IWF and World Bank, in addition, the European Union, which lead to world-wide depletion. Generally it contributed promptly to the international cross-linking of the globalization-critical movement. Since end of the 1990er years particularly concerns itself it with the connection between neoliberaler, company-steered globalization and the new permanent wars. It is married with Saral Sarkar.
- Indian women between Patriarchat and equal chances. 1973, ISBN 3445010420
- Lace Makers OF Narsapur. Indian Housewives Produce for the World Market. 1982, ISBN 0862320321
- Patriarchy and Accumulation on A World Scale. Women into the internationally division OF labour first 1986, new edition 1999, ISBN 1856497356
- Mrs., the last colony. (with V. Bennholdt Thomsen and C. of Werlhof) 1988, ISBN 3499122391
- Patriarchat and capital 1988, ISBN 3858690503
- against the industrialization of the life. A toolistic criticism of the towards and reproduction method. 1992, ISBN 3890854753
- Ökofeminismus (with Vandana Shiva) 1995, ISBN 3858691224
- a cow for Hillary. The Subsistenzperspektive (with V. Bennholdt Thomsen) 1997, ISBN 3881042946
- license to deadwoods. The multilateral agreement over investments MAY. Globalization of the company rule - and which we can do against it. (Hrsg. with Claudia of Werlhof; with further contributions of Carla Boulboullé, Tony Clarke, Martin Khor among other things) first 1999, EH 2003, ISBN 3-434-46194-9
- globalization from downside. The new fight against the economic inequality. first 2001, new edition 2002, ISBN 3434530843
- war without borders. New colonizing of the world. (with a contribution of Claudia of Werlhof) 2004, ISBN 3894382864 discussion
Web on the left of
- network against company rule and neoliberale policy of info. letters with texts of Maria Mies, Vandana Shiva u.v.a.
- Maria Mies: Abstract of the beginning” locating instead of Globalisieren “
- Maria Mies: ” From the license to deadwoods to the license for killing. The connection between global free trade and war “
- speech of Maria Mies with tool sneezing doing TAC: ” World Trade Organization, GATS and the European Union. To clarifications “
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Professorin for sociology and authoress of several books|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1931|
|PLACE OF BIRTH|