|coat of arms||map|
|base data city Martin|
|Kraj (landscape federation):||Žilinský kraj|
|surface:||67.74 km ²|
|population density:||882.37 inhabitants for each km ²|
|height:||395 m and. NN|
|postal zip code:||036 XX|
|geographical situation:|| 49° 04 ' n. Br, |
18° 56 ' o. L.
|Kfz characteristic:|| |
|municipality code number:||512036|
|arrangement city:||7 quarters|
|address municipal office:|| Mestský úrad Martin|
námestie S. H. Vajanského 1
Martin (until 1950 on Slowakisch Turčiansky Svätý Martin, German Turz sinking Martin, Hungarian Turócszentmárton, Latin Sanctus Martinus/Martinopolis) is a city in the means slowakei, which are been at the foot of the small Fatra and the large Fatra in the traditional landscape door International Electronical Commission and because of the river of the same name door International Electronical Commission (German Turz) and to the Žilinský kraj (Silleiner landscape federation) heard. It lies on approx. 390 m and. NN, extends on a surface of 6.774 hectars and the present number of inhabitants amounts to zirka 61,000 (2003).
To table of contents
Martin is today and very important a regional center for the national culture of the Slowaken (e.g. Seat of the Matica Slovenská). The today's slowakische Standardsprache is based on the dialect spoken in this area. The city is starting point for migrations in the small one and large Fatra.
Their twin cities are Jičín and Karviná (Tschechien), Kalisz (Poland), Sisak (Croatia), Békéscsaba (Hungary), pc. ( Austria), Gotha ( Germany) polarized, Hoogeveen (the Netherlands), Bački Petrovac (Serbia, there in the Vojvodina).
objects of interest
- reconstructed city centre with reconditioned building of the “Tatra Banka “(builds around 1900).
- Slowaki national cemetery with approx. 200 admitted slow. Personalities
- 3 building of the Slowaki Matica (“Matica slovenská”, to science and culture pin end institution of the Slowaken, see also history of the Slowakei): first of 1864-65 is neoklassizistisch, second comes from 1924-1925, the new including the Slowaki national library and a handwriting collection comes from 1977
- neoklassizistisches theatre from 1888
- museums, galleries and the like:
- Múzeum slovenskej dediny (museum of the slowakischen village) - an open air museum with popular objects from the entire Slowakei, z. B. with an Evangelist wood church
- Tučianske múzeum Andreja Kmeťa (Turzer Andrej Kmeť - museum) - 1932 as the first building of the Slowaki national museum establishes; Kmeť was an important archaeologist and Ethnograph
- Martin Benka museum - Benka was slow. Painter
- Turčianska galéria (Turzer gallery) - gallery of the forming arts in the former administrative seat with exhibitions of the modern slowakischen art
- people customer museum of the Slowaki national museum - 1933 Slovenské
- builds národné literárne múzeum Matice slovenskej (Slowaki national literature museum of the Slowaki Matica)
the first source vouchers Zenthmarton come - Hungarian Hl from 1264 (. Martin) and 1284 (mansion Sancti Martini - Latin settlement of the Hl. Martin). This original name became from the name of the town church (see above), i.e. the Patrozinium, taken over. The attribute Turz (from the name of the Gespanschaft of the same name is derived), came later in addition (first source voucher 1353). Starting from 1919 she was called then officially Turčiansky Svätý Martin, 1951 the city in Martin renamed, there the word “holy” (svätý) in the names of municipalities for the then dominant communists was unwanted.
the city was mentioned 1264 for the first time as Zenthmarton. It was however already in the resounding place time a settlement place, as newer excavations show. 1340 got the place the municipal law and 1430 the place in the course of the Hussitenaufstände were down-burned. It is to be owed to the rapidly growing population that it in 17. and 18. Century numerous guilds in the place gave. 1918 were Martin the place, at which the so-called Martiner declaration was discharged.
the city consists of the following 7 quarters:
- To Jahodníky
Web on the left of
- German-language information to the city Martin and the region door International Electronical Commission
coordinates: 49° 05 ' N, 18° 56 ' O
Belá - Dulice | Benice | Blatnica | Bystrička | Diaková | Dolný Kalník | Dražkovce (Andreas Josef) | Ďanová | Folkušová | Horný Kalník | Karlová | Kláštor pod Znievom (monastery) | Košťany nad Turcom | Krpeľany | Laskár | Ležiachov | Lipovec | Martin (Turz sinking Martin) | Necpaly | Nolčovo | Podhradie | Príbovce (Pribotz) | Rakovo | Ratkovo | Sklabiňa | Sklabinský Podzámok | Slovany (Sloben) | Socovce | Sučany | Šútovo | Trebostovo | Trnovo | Turany | Turčianska Štiavnička | Turčianske Jaseno | Turčianske Kľačany | Turčiansky Ďur (sank George) | Turčiansky Peter | Valča | Vrícko (Münnichwies) | Vrútky (Ruttek) | Záborie | Žabokreky