mathematicians concern themselves with the advancement of the field of activity of mathematics and with the application of the realizations to practical interests. The application of mathematical methods leads to accurate realizations and statements, in certain subsections also to quantitative results (z. B. outthe Numerik and the statistics).
The increasing Mathematisierung of the everyday life leads to the fact that mathematicians are used in many ranges, and. A. Research and development, in the economic science, in insurance companies, in the public service (schools and Universities of, statistics),in marketing, in the meteorology, in logistics, in the image processing, in the safety engineering and naturally in the information technology.
They can be on special fields actively, so z. B. Numeric mathematics, statistics, mathematical logic, Geometry, analysis, model theory and probability theory. Since many procedures and techniques can be transferred also to other subranges, a demarcation is in practice rather heavy.
Table of contents
diploma mathematicians study at a university or at a professional school (additive FH). The average period of study at the university amounts to 9 or 10 terms, the actual study time amounts to however on the average 13.0 terms. After the conversion upthe European study system amounts to the study duration up to the Bachelor 6 terms, based on it the 4 terms further to the master. Inwiefern diese Richtwertemit der tatsächlichen Studiendauer übereinstimmen, wird sich noch zeigen, wenn die ersten Absolventen nach dem neuen System ihrStudy lock.
Further details under mathematics study.
of study contents in the basic study usually cover: Analysis, linear algebra, applied mathematics (Numerik or stochastics), an obligation to vote subject.
Components of the main study:
- Abstract mathematics (algebra, analysis, function theory, Differentialgeometrie, topology, number theory)
- useMathematics (mathematical statistics, Numerik of the differential equations, Funktionalanalysis, probability theory, discrete mathematics, control theory, optimization, methods, algorithms)
- Nichtmathemati application fan (z. B. Economic science, computer science, physics, engineering sciences, biology, chemistry) or used theories (philosophy, science history)
due to the existed diploma examination becomethe following degrees lent:
- diploma mathematician/diploma Mathematikerin
- diploma mathematician (Technomathematik) /Diplom Mathematikerin (Technomathematik)
- diploma Technomathematiker/diploma Technomathematikerin
- diploma mathematician (restaurant economics) /Diplom Mathematikerin (restaurant economics)
- diploma restaurant economics/diploma Wirtschaftsmathematikerin
- diploma financial and restaurant economics/diploma financial and Wirtschaftsmathematikerin
- diploma computer mathematician/diploma Computermathematikerin
- Magister/Magistra of the natural sciences
- Magister/Magistra of the economic science
- diploma engineer of technical mathematics
Web on the left of
|Wiktionary: Mathematician - word origin, synonyms and translations|