Jähns occurred 1854 Aachen the army, came 1859 to the citizens of Berlin war academy and became then an aide of a regiment. After short interruption it stepped 1866 again into the service and did during the German war as a departmental head in war Ministry the service. it went to 1867 into the geographical-statistic department of the large general staff.
Since 1894 was Jähns of chairmen of the German language association.
Max Jähns died to 19. September 1900 in Berlin.
- history 2. Rheini infantry regiment No. 28. Cologne (1865)
- Ross and rider in lives, language, faith and history of the Germans. 2 Bde. Leipzig (1872)
- the French army from the large revolution to the present. Leipzig (1873)
- the battle of Königgrätz. Leipzig (1876)
- manual of a history of the war nature from the primeval times to the Renaissance. Leipzig (1880)
- army conditions and people life. Berlin (1885)
- history of the war sciences. Munich (1890)
- over war, peace and culture. Berlin (1894)
- field marshal Moltke. 2 Tle. Berlin (1894)
- the native country thought and the German seal. Berlin (1896)
- history of the development of the old Trutzwaffen. Berlin (1899)
- pure-hard. Berlin (1859), fairy tale pos
- one year of the youth. Dresden (1861), lyric seals
|of ALTERNATIVE NAMES|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||German officer and writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||18. April 1837|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|
|DYING DATE||19. September 1900|